OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

Searching about my "b0 error"...

I had this problem when I installed on a new disk. I used:

sudo bless -folder9 /Volumes/VOLUMENAME/System -setBoot

which corrected the problem.

I moved the drive to a usb enclosure and mounted it, then executed the above command. After that I could boot from the drive, without the b0 error.

You either have to bless the drive on another machine or get to a boot prompt from the install dvd (don't know if it's possible, haven't tried that), mount the drive and bless it.

Hope all goes well.

mmm... I thought this dvd patcher would be the solution for users who (like me) dont have a 10.4.3 sytem (since it was impossible -i believe- installing 10.4.4 from 10.4.1 with M****s instructions).

And it really seemed to be, but even if you get a successful instalation there's still a strong dependece to 10.4.3, because kexts in it are much needed to make things work in 10.4.4

so, at the end, seems like there is not so much you can do with a 10.4.4 installation if you dont have 10.4.3.

10.4.4 base system is less-functional than my 10.4.1 one, at least in 10.4.1 i could type in my keyboard, use the trackpad and listening to music.

Someone should make a "Drivers Pack", getting /Extensions folder present in 10.4.3 into a zip. (at least most important ones)

(you could make a torrent, upload it to a site, or make a public email account..)

Plese help saving time to users who dont have 10.4.3!

We could get that "Drivers Pack" instead if downloading the entire dvd.

Thanks.

Ok,I made another DVD with the patched boot files. I managed to get the DVD to boot. But after about 3min on the apple loading screen, I get loads of segment errors!.

Anyone know whats wrong?

Thanks

Sky

This is the exact same problem I get...

I think it has something to do with AMD files not being patched correctly by the auto patcher... If no-one has an answer for those of us with the segfault install problems, I think I'm going to try to install 10.4.3 and upgrade... which will be a pain in the butt, but oh well...

Ok...i dont have a DVD burner so im having my friend burn the disc's. What will i need, do i only need the OSX 10.4.3 DVD, and then i can use a USB drive for the 10.4.4 patch, or will i need the 10.4.4 patch DVD as well to complete the installation? Is there anything else i'll need?

Has it been modified in the Intel one ?

I'll try it tonight ...

nop. it hasnt

OSInstall.dist in "Intel pack" is just like the original one...

hwbeModelCheck() function hasnt been modified to return always true.

I wonder why my installation succeced? :angry:

mmm... all these changes are supposed to be made yet, arent they??

we'll have to check if dvd patcher complies with all instructions from m****s in installation from 10.4.3...

i was able to successfully install 10.4.4 with a patched DVD. i got the DVD patcher mentioned here but replaced the mach_kernel file with the nonx mach_kernel in M*'s patch. ran the patcher and burned the image. booted from the DVD and it installed fine on a new drive. working great as well. P4 3.2ghz HT CPU (SSE3, no NX).

I had this problem when I installed on a new disk. I used:

sudo bless -folder9 /Volumes/VOLUMENAME/System -setBoot

which corrected the problem.

I moved the drive to a usb enclosure and mounted it, then executed the above command. After that I could boot from the drive, without the b0 error.

It should be possible to include a line in the postflight.sh that does it automatically after installing.

Could I just add the line bless -folder9 /Volumes/Volumename/System -setBoot to my preflight file and I am done.

By the way. Why are you using the -folder9 option instead of -folder option?

Ok so the people try first got it working but everyone who try to install it from the bay filled with pirates can't.... is it possible that the prats bay version is broken? Should we just download it from the direct link or the newsgroup?

Is anyone having trouble patching MXs mach_kernal?

When i just patch the mach_kernal.orig with just the No NX/DX and base, i run the strings -a /kernal.orig location | grep -i maxxuss It only shows the maxxus kernal it doesnt show No/ NX DX the apply PPF command i ran told me it was patched

thanks

Hey, all... A problem I posted earlier on today got left behind on an old page, so I'm just gonna ask for help again... Sorry...

Anyway, like I said, I can get the DVD to boot up to the Darwin thing... I press F8, and then type -v to see what's going on...

It starts splurting out lots of text, but it gets stuck on this:

Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 88, trying /sbin/mach_init
Load of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 88

Here's a screenshot of it:

vmware1.gif

Please help... ;)

@BEARCAT

Hi again,

I am still stuck at the error b(0)!

When I try to enter the bless command after booting into the terminal from the patched DVD it gives me an error "Could not find IODeviceTree:/options"

(NOTE: I misspelled the error ->corrected!"

Do you have any clue what that could be?

I hope that the command was complete:

sudo (is not accepted in the shell at the installation program - but I assume that it is already su)

bless -folder Volumes/pc/System -setBoot

where pc is the name of my HD where OS X is installed.

Another strange thing is: Once I could boot somehow into the OS by inserting the DVD but now this is not working. Somehow strange and I am a little bit stuck at the moment. Hope that someone can help finding a way to put the bless command over my HD.

Another thought:

Isn't it possible to write the bootloader once again from the shell and "correct it"?

Hey, all... A problem I posted earlier on today got left behind on an old page, so I'm just gonna ask for help again... Sorry...

Anyway, like I said, I can get the DVD to boot up to the Darwin thing... I press F8, and then type -v to see what's going on...

It starts splurting out lots of text, but it gets stuck on this:

Please help... :blink:

About the 4 "SAM Multimedia READ or WRITE ..." error messages, i had a problem like that 15 days ago trying to install 10.4.1 from a patched dvd.

I thought then that was a media error.

so i burned the dvd again with the sony dru-540 in my desktop pc (instead of sony dw-d56a in my laptop)

and didnt got "...READ or WRITE..." errors, and then everything went ok.

About other errors... i dont know, i believe i just got stuck at many "...READ or WRITE..." errors

Good luck.

Ok so the people try first got it working but everyone who try to install it from the bay filled with pirates can't.... is it possible that the prats bay version is broken? Should we just download it from the direct link or the newsgroup?

I did install it from there and it went fine. No errors except for the PS2 extension. Now when I ran software update 10.4.5 (intel) is listed there. Anyone tried upgrading?

what about a 10.4.3 "Drivers Pack" ?

Could someone make a torrent with /Extensions folder in a .zip?

It would help some people (including me) solving problems about drivers...

237 extensions from 10.4.3 are included in the 10.4.4 Ghost Backup Image in a folder called Extensions-backup

About the 4 "SAM Multimedia READ or WRITE ..." error messages, i had a problem like that 15 days ago trying to install 10.4.1 from a patched dvd.

I thought then that was a media error.

so i burned the dvd again with the sony dru-540 in my desktop pc (instead of sony dw-d56a in my laptop)

and didnt got "...READ or WRITE..." errors, and then everything went ok.

About other errors... i dont know, i believe i just got stuck at many "...READ or WRITE..." errors

Good luck.

I don't get any read or write errors (or atleast, it doesn't say it has a read or write error...).

This is the error I'm getting:

Then it does nothing after that....

nop. it hasnt

OSInstall.dist in "Intel pack" is just like the original one...

hwbeModelCheck() function hasnt been modified to return always true.

I wonder why my installation succeced? :P

mmm... all these changes are supposed to be made yet, arent they??

we'll have to check if dvd patcher complies with all instructions from m****s in installation from 10.4.3...

what method did u use? i used the auto patcher from a bat full of pirates and i am getting the APCI error, (Cannot load driver of service ACPI)

MSI 915GLM

Celeron 2.53

160g sata

GMA 900 vid

237 extensions from 10.4.3 are included in the 10.4.4 Ghost Backup Image in a folder called Extensions-backup

What ghost backup image? That is still alot bigger than just downloading a few needed kext... Us dialup users have a real hard time downloading 100+ megabyte files...

Good new from (YOU KNOW WHO!). M****s has just released his patch solution for 10.4.5 update!!!

Take a look at his site!

I don't get any read or write errors (or atleast, it doesn't say it has a read or write error...).

This is the error I'm getting:

Then it does nothing after that....

I mean, looking at your screenshot... i can see 4 "...READ or WRITE..." errors, am i wrong?