OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

I installed a version found in newsgroups labeled "MacOSX_10.4.4DVD.iso", the first boot generated the "b0 error" which I corrected by booting with my 10.4.3 disk and reselecting the startup disk. However, upon first boot, the system was markedly slower than 10.4.3 and defaulted to a verbose startup instead of graphical. Once logged in, I noticed the same instabilities as in the 10.4.3 installation (such as screen savers, teh first time I go to that selection the system crashes) ... has anyone else had similiar problems?

EDIT:

IBM Thinkpad R32

Intel Pentium 4m 1.8Ghz, SSE, SSE2, PAT

768MB RAM

30GB HD

Check if you really have SSE3 using this app:

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-132.zip

Please, SSE2 or SSE3 ?

Sure you can, this is explained in the MultiBoot entry in the Wiki:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Multibooting

Yeah i rean the app and i def have SSE3 but it does not list it as one of the post-processing things when the patched dvd boots. i used the patch and the 10.4.4 dmg from the bay of pirates i am getting that ACPI driver not found error

thanks

Yeah i rean the app and i def have SSE3 but it does not list it as one of the post-processing things when the patched dvd boots. i used the patch and the 10.4.4 dmg from the bay of pirates i am getting that ACPI driver not found error

thanks

what is explained here that would help me? i couldnt find anything about a ACPI error or the boot disk not detecting my SSE3

thanks

what is explained here that would help me? i couldnt find anything about a ACPI error or the boot disk not detecting my SSE3

thanks

I ran the installer on my northwood sse2 machine , it installed fine, then after reboot it came back with "darwin not supported etc.. " i recopied the i386 boot files and still got the error , i coped over the maxxuss patched sse2 kernel and still got the same problem , anyone know of a fix?

Its not working for me... I remaned the dmg, edited the file, did the commands, and when I run the script I get

hdiutil: convert failed - File exists
hdiutil: attach failed - not recognized
Disk Utility Tool
Usage:  diskutil rename [Mount Point|Disk Identifier|Device Node] newName
Rename a volume (only works for HFS(+) or UFS disks).
Ownership of the specified volume may be required.
Example:  diskutil rename /Volumes/SomeDisk SomeNewName
Deleted Xcode
Deleted old boot files
Deleted unnecessary extensions
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/mach_kernel: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/mach_kernel: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/mach_kernel: No such file or directory
mach_kernel replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/libexec/oah/translate: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/libexec/oah/translate: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/libexec/oah/translate: No such file or directory
translate replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/libexec/oah/translated: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/libexec/oah/translated: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/libexec/oah/translated: No such file or directory
translated replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/standalone/i386: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/standalone/i386: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/standalone/i386: No such file or directory
i386 replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Extensions.mkext: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Extensions.mkext: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Extensions.mkext: No such file or directory
Extensions.mkext replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app: No such file or directory
loginwindow.app replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app: No such file or directory
SystemUIServer.app replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Support/ATSServer: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Support/ATSServer: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Support/ATSServer: No such file or directory
ATSServer replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Support/mds: No such file or directory
mds replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskImages.framework/Versions/A/Resources/diskimages-helper: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskImages.framework/Versions/A/Resources/diskimages-helper: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskImages.framework/Versions/A/Resources/diskimages-helper: No such file or directory
diskimages-helper replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/1165patchesSSE2.pkg: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/1165patchesSSE2.pkg: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/1165patchesSSE2.pkg: No such file or directory
1165patchesSSE2.pkg replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Contents/OSInstall.dist: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Contents/OSInstall.dist: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Contents/OSInstall.dist: No such file or directory
OSInstall.dist replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Contents/Resources/postflight: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Contents/Resources/postflight: No such file or directory
chmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Contents/Resources/postflight: No such file or directory
postflight replaced
cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd//usr/standalone/i386/*: No such file or directory
/../../../Volumes/OSX86-10.4.4/autopatch/resources/mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'cdboot' !
/Volumes/OSX86-10.4.4/autopatch/Patchit: line 73: cd: /Volumes/osx86dvd/: No such file or directory

Then it proceeds to make the iso.

I have a P4 550 3.4GHz SS3 CPU, nVidia 6800GT 250GB HDD, ASUS P5AD2 Premium

10.4.4 installed

ok i got the iso from demoniods and it installed perfectly on my system

2.6 intel p4 sse 2

spare 10 gig hard drive used

ati radion 9200 card but sadly no open gl support so back to drawing board with this one !!

I think it's the better soluction for me

a full instalable dvd with all patches and fixes and 10.4.5 bundled :2cents:

i'm getting the whole stuff righ now

thanks for info, latter i post my results here

I downloaded the pirate bay version of the 10.4.4 DVD.

Sadly, it wont work with my laptops Pentium M (dothan) with only SSE2..

Now I'd like to know is there a way to patch the DVD ( by changing files, I think I can mount it in linux as dmg and edit its contents freely) so that it will support the SSE3 emulation and remove the check from the Darwin bootloader?

What do I need?

For some reason the patched DVD did not have any System Files on it. So it would not boot.

After several hours of repatching & burning coasters, I just mounted the TEMPIMAGE (4.7gb) instead in 10.4.3 and manually installed OSinstall.mpkg. Repaired Permissions.

Now 10.4.4 boots on a secondary SATA drive!

Using TigerCache Cleaner speeds up system substantially.

Intel GUXLK MB

P4 2.8 HT

1 gig RAM

Maxtor and Samsung SATA HD

10.4.3 on primary drive, 10.4.4 on secondary

Using TigerCache Cleaner speeds up system substantially.

Intel GUXLK MB

P4 2.8 HT

1 gig RAM

Maxtor and Samsung SATA HD

10.4.3 on primary drive, 10.4.4 on secondary

I have almost the same hardware.. Look, what exactly did you do with TigerCache Cleaner? There's plenty of options so if you managed to get your system boost in speed plz tell us what did you use there.

Thanx

Got it guys!!! Up and running works perfect and now dual booting thank to Acronis!!!

Was using 10.4.3 install dvd

But not internet is not working!!! =( (it was working under 10.4.3)

Dont know why nic wont work under 10.4.4 any ideas???

Apps Ilife works better cant get IDVD to work!!!

That's all i've tried so far

Someone help me get my internet working please!!

If you use usenet dl should be fast i was pulling 700ksec

-----------------------------------------------------------------

P4 2.6 ghz

Asus P4P800

Creative audigy

768meg ram

dlink 530+ nic

Sorry If i forgot anything!!!

Tiger Cache Cleaner 3.1

Product Requirements:

Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.4.5

BSD subsystem (part of Mac OS X standard installation)

Tiger compatible

Universal Binary

Check out the MacIntel Resource Center for Complete MacIntel Coverage

Intel Mac Compatible. To use it, just follow instructions that come with it in the HELP section.

I downloaded the 10.4.4 Restore DVD Patcher from a particular 3.14 R8 Bay site. :)

Anyways, I followed the instructions, which were very easy to follow (rename the DVD image, move it here, run the script). Burned the image it directed me to, and lo and behold, I was successful in installing 10.4.4 on my machine!

That was easy! And it works, too! Sound, netwok, video, PS/2 Keyboard, mouse, etc., all work from install.

Hi to all !

I got Mac OS X 10.4.4 Restore Disc.dmg (4.20Gb) and OSX10.4.4DVDPATCHER what should i do next ? Should i patch and burn it or it doesn't work if the CPU is SSE2 (Pentium 4, 1.5GHz) Dell Optiplex Gx240

I've heard that this version has problems with making mac partion, it screws current ones, could someone point how to make the partion too, thanks. And one more the OSX10.4.4DVDPATCHER is only one version released 21 february right ?

I have got the 10.4.4 restore.dmg i have got 10.4.3 working, I have got the ▓│ MAC OS 10.4.4 x86 BOOTABLE DVD PATCH │▒

▓│ │▒

▓│ ReLeaSe ISO/DVD PATCHER │▒

▓│ CoMPaGNy Osx86 Community │▒

▓│ Kind Patch │▒

▓│ NoMBre De RaR 18,1Mb │▒

▓│ ReLeaSe DaTe 21 Febreruary 2006 │▒

▓│ Iso │▒

▓│ Format OSX Shell Script │▒

▓│ Protection Steve Jobs Karma, TPM │▒

▓│ Apple Lawyers

afther changing the name and setting the patchs to the autopatcher's folder it started and generated the BurnThisImage.iso, but the iso seems to be broken , i had a lots of problems with copying this iso to another drive (in 4gb point it crashed) i finaly burned it as a data and burned out the dvd udner windows, but booting and instalation takes ages to finish, and afther running the installer wit -x and specyfied Graphics Mode, it have finished the instalation, but when i tryed to boot the system shown the "you must restart" screen and that's all. i have got Celeron 3,06 GHz 64Bit, 512 MB DDR 400 cl2,5 , ASRock 775Dual-915GL,SB Audigy @NX80 gih hdrive , and and LG supermulti dvd burner, so the hardware should be fully supported,

what i'm doing wrong ? any ideas ?

(10.4.1 with 10.4.3patch works just grate)

Ok, guys, you know I was having trouble getting to boot the CD... Well, I tried it under VMware, and I get alot further... However, I get this error (i typed -v at startup becuase it wasn't working when it got to the gray screen with apple logo - it just stopped there...).

I did not see an answer to this posted here, but I think I read somewhere that this error can occur if you attempt to install directly from an iso in vmware (virtual cd/dvd) as opposed to using an actual dvd.

For some reason the patched DVD did not have any System Files on it. So it would not boot.

After several hours of repatching & burning coasters, I just mounted the TEMPIMAGE (4.7gb) instead in 10.4.3 and manually installed OSinstall.mpkg. Repaired Permissions.

I also received such error during DVD booting after patching restore dvd(I have sse2 notebook dell600m and several sse2 PC).

Your hardware configuration is not supported by Darwin/x86

Can you explain how you manually install OSinstall.mpkg?

Where you get it?

Some time before you wrote about replacing i386 folder before patching and successfully booting, then about replacing mach_kernel before patching, now you say about missing OSinstall.mpkg in restore DVD(or in patched DVD).

Can you write step-by-step instruction?

And other question - can I use for patching restore DVD osx 10.4.1( tiger-x86.tar.bz2)?

Before patching I changed the patch file OSInstall.mpgk/Contents/OSInstall.dist

Function hwbeModelCheck should be such:

<script>function hwbeModelCheck() {

return true;

}

Then I replace contents of patch directory ../autopatch/files/i386 on maxxssus boot files:

[Link removed due to possible dmca violation]

After do it I applied patch, burn dvd from BurnThisImage.iso

and I haven't now during booting error:

It's strange that author of DVDPatch didn't write in intel.nfo file that it is necessary to have

sse3 CPU for using receiving BurnThisImage.iso image.

Now I have OSX 10.4.4 booting DVD but not yet install osx10.4.4 from it.

For apply patch I used VMWARE using 10.4.1( tiger-x86.tar.bz2).

Edited by 0uch!p0tat0