OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

My patched boot altered 10.4.4 bootable dvd is in the process of booting - not sure it's going to work since it's been reading the dvd for about 8 minutes now. It came to dvd/darwin boot prompt, and is sitting at the white gb/gray logo screen just before the installer is supposed to start, and it's reading from the dvd rom, but it's taking longer than it ever has before on any other version.

Well do we know if it worked for anyone? it might be just slightly too early to torrent this... we also would want to put in a few more things into a "Patched" disk. l for example we could somehow get the disk to have a few different kernels (AMD sse3, AMD sse2, Intel sse3 and Intel sse2) and install the right one... instead of seeding 4 different disks that are 99% the same.

My patched boot altered 10.4.4 bootable dvd is in the process of booting - not sure it's going to work since it's been reading the dvd for about 8 minutes now. It came to dvd/darwin boot prompt, and is sitting at the white gb/gray logo screen just before the installer is supposed to start, and it's reading from the dvd rom, but it's taking longer than it ever has before on any other version.

I'm at that same point.

Well, the DVD finally booted. Had to have my mouse and keyboard as ps2 in order to press enter to boot the dvd and about 30 minutes later I was at the language selection screen where my mouse and keyboard no longer worked. removed ps2 adapter and plugged keyboard and mouse into usb and was able to move forward. System installed, but it will not boot from the hard drive now, have to work on it some more later. Going to put the 10.4.3 DVD back in and boot from it and set the 10.4.4 as the startup drive and see if that does anything for me. Have fun everyone.

It's alive!

I followed the very simple directions, burned the DVD, rebooted and installed 10.4.4. Unfortunately, I've got some sort of problem with a kext or something the crashes my box with an EIP value of 0x4be5ce72 (just in case some wayward hacker wants that info :dev: to improve the kernel...

But - it was throwing off that same error BEFORE this DVD. So the same result - whether following Maxxuss direction or using this DVD. Net win I'd say...

Super Sweet. I can't believe how well it went. The Intel one works fine on a spare 2.4 ghz P4 Dell @ my work. (procduces stunned looks from IT co-workers too ;p).

Haven't tested everything yet, but installs and boots w/the onboard NIC. Gonna make up the AMD one next and try it out on my dual Athlon @ home. (crosses fingers).

:dev:

Thanks much autopatcher!

This is great news... mine on the other hand... I'm still stuck on the downloading of files... my internet dies every hour and a half... and on dialup i can't finish the download... I guess i will have to wait until the patch is torrented...

i dont have enough room on my main harddrive so i store the restore dmg on one of my external harddrives. unfortunately those drives are NTFS and i can't change the contents.

does anyone know what lines i should edit to get the patchit app to read from the external and output to my main drive?

if not this then does anyone know the status of a ppf patch?

My install completed, I have successfully upgraded to 10.4.4 from 10.4.3 1111a using this bootable dvd. I replaced the i386 folder with the one from HWNCBS' patched boot files because others here without sse3 cpus reported failure upon boot, but I cannot say whether it was necessary or not.

Upon booting it told me my ac97, keyboard, ps2, and trackpad kexts were improperly installed, and told me to reinstall them. I plugged a usb mouse in and it works, and as you can see my keyboard is working..I'm typing from new install now. I probably won't try to reinstall those kexts, this laptop is not my main one - I just use for testing temporarily.

But I can confirm, at least the way I built mine, that it will boot and upgrade a 10.4.3 1111g/a installation to 10.4.4 and retain all settings.

FYI it looks like this script can be used in Ubuntu as well. I dont know about other linuxes but I know those commands are supported in Ubuntu. So if you have a linux box you should be able to do the same thing there....altho DMGs hmm Dont know about those enough to know if they will work in Linux as well. I assume so but I could be wrong :dev:

Perfect!!!!!!!! 10.4.4 install. As mentioned above, i had problem with PS2 keyboard and mouse, but when I connected USB mouse everything worked fine. ATI tearing is still there, but I can live with mousepose to clear the problem. My computer feels speedier than before.

Tornado, I believe that this OSX10.4.4 DVD Patch will not work on a Fresh Install, becuase if what WinXP is reporting will not work with a traditional BIOS. The season an existing 10.4.3 Partition is needed is that the formating process under 10.4.3 will also install the needed Darwin Boot Information. By using the 10.4.4 DVD you are creating a GPT Partition.

Has everyone been upgrading there 10.4.3 or have some people been installing from scratch?

I am about to try..keep in mind my boot files are not 'stock' autopatcher boot files. I believe they will create the proper partition and boot tables because they are the ones patched by HWNCBS for 10.4.3.

I burned the disk and tried to boot it. Right after the grey Apple logo and spinning circle, it kicks to a command line and scrolls a few lines about thing segfaulting, clears the screen, scrolls more segfaults, clears screen, in a cycle that happens rapidly. Then it sits at an empty command line but won't respond to any input.

I have an AMD SSE3 system that worked perfectly with the 10.4.3 bootable DVDs and required no patching besides the minimum protection bypass.

Hi all. By the way, if I am having an SSE 2 only P4 with HT, is it necessary that I patch with the SSE2 patch or just burn the ISO and let it to boot and install?

Also, can I use Maxxuss SSE3 emulator patch instead of 'HWNCBS'?

Thanks a lot in advance! Sorry cos I am new to and dumb on the MacOSX