Solving USB problems; USB devices do not mount

LioNEXT

408 posts in this topic

did you read my proper full guide as i suggested?

Yes i did

install/match the version

delete extension.mkext and caches/com.xxx file?

and boot with -v -f ???

Yes i did all that, my kernel version is already 9.2.0 i have os x kalyway 10.5.2 i installed your system replacement pkg and i deleted the files

com.apple.kext.info and Extensions.mkext i restarted my pc with -v -f and the usb still not mounting

this is the best way to make sure it will load... otherwise, fast boot cache may load/prevent new drivers from loading in some cases...

dont think i trust you? but I usually dont trust people :thumbsup_anim: why? because I have a full topic about nforce chipsets, and I am dealing with people like you almost everyday... dont think I m showing off or cocky... why? bcoz if you have answered/managed a full topic on a subject like i did, you would understand... I came to a conclusion that there are two type of groups in the who start in hackintosh thingy....

1) newbies= people are new but not stupid, they read around first, they use search buttons, they check all corners, they follow guides properly, and make conclusion or ask for help at the end...

2) noobs= stupid people, they come to a topic, skip the first pages/posts or they read a single line, feel self confident that they understood everything, they try, and fail misserably most of the time, they jump to last post, and ask for help, without giving any single damn information about what they did, they dont post any error message or screen shot of their desktop with relevant proofs.... and they will always claim that they have done everything and read everything, but guide/info didnt work for them...

in my example (check other examples as well): I approach the person, ask him couple of questions if i dont scold him first nicely, and after 1-2 answers, i 90% of the time figure out that the NOOB didnt read the full guide, in fact everything he reported as problem has answers actually... 80-90% of the problems that are reported on my topic usually have answers on the first page of my topic... afterwards, ask the noob to do exactly as i say, and 95% of the time problems are gone... if you are interested or want some proof check here just to warn you that i have ~1200 posts on my topic... :)

So conclusion? why dont you open up a terminal window, and type "uname -nn" without quotes of course, or open system profiler and check the software section for kernel version and another small window to show system.kext's version number which is inside info.plist, then, make appropriate sizing on the windows, and take a screen shot, (windows key+shift+3) or whatever way/program u use... than post your screen cap to tinypic website and post the link here and show us what you got?

also what version of OSX you installed? and what updates you made? give proper description...

only then i will believe you... please do the guide as i said in three stages post these details as requested, and proove me wrong please...

once again if you didnt understand, here what you should do:

1) (you are sure that you have 10.5.2 full updated system, and 9.2.0 kernel) install 9.2.0 system kext that i posted with installer

2) delete driver and fast boot caches (/S/L/Extensions.mkext + /S/L/E/caches/com.*.*.*)

3) restart, and use -v -f flags at boot

1 - I have it, when i cllick on " about this mac" i see "version 10.5.2" but what are you mean full updated ? i installed kalyway 10.5.2 the last version.., and i installed the syste,.kext with the installer pkg that you uploaded to rapidshare,

2 - i deleted both of them, Extensions.mkext and com.apple.kext.info

3 - i restarted with typing -v -f (when it says press on any key blabla)

and it still doesn't mount

i don't blame you or something i just say that i did everything you said but it still not work... i did it serval times to be sure that i didn't do any mistakes..

plug in a usb flash drive, and check if it loads? it doesnt load? get two windows of which to show kernel version in one and system.kext version in the other, to screen cap which should be uploaded to an image website, and post the link with your proof?(and make sure your flash drive doesnt have any security software as well, so dont make me look stupid and waste anyone's time, bcoz it would never load in osx, if you had any windows based security program on it, what? some flash drives have security partition or programs to prevent unwanted access to the drive)

hope it is clean?

@LioNext: good job mate, hope it will clear some doubts but i can guarantee you from experience, that there will be many noobs (=stupid people, in my terminology) still skip read everything and jump to last page for help... i know when i call stupid, it sounds harsh, but if you read my topic as well, i make two groups, noobs=stupid ones, and newbies=clever ones... like you said, when i started hackintosh, i was pretty much like you, but i managed to start off with even harder steps :P no drivers/ or mere handfull of drivers and almost 1-2 to zero proper full guides around... :) used the best tool (google) :) to find ansers.... had to d/l tons of torrents to get right stuffs...

@Noam

Three things that you should do now:

1) post a picture of windows of info.plist from system.kext and uname-a kernel output side by side here.

2) Post any error messages (like USBF...) that you may get during boot (take a snapshot during boot or check Console in Utilities)

2) check in your bios if you have anything like legacy storage detect or plug n play options for usb. that may be a problem. Enable them.

Answers to these questions:

1) Are these USBs on the mobo or thru a pci card?

2) Is your USB pen drive NTFS formatted?

Finally, make a concise signature of your hardware and operating system. You can copy mine or anyone of your linking from the forums to make one of your own. THIS HELPS A LOT! you know very well about your configuration but the other person have no idea. So many times they will be shooting in the dark. Sometimes, problems are very much related to specific hardware. Believe me!

where are your screen shots? pls provide proof, if u cant get screen sho at least copy paste the information to paste2.org

in terminal type: uname -nn (hmm maybe uname -a i may have forgotten that one :rolleyes:)

and system.kext version from its info.plist file...

please provide the information, i m not blaming you, i m talking in general if you read carefully, people dont read carefully and dont provide correct info/screen caps...

also are your usb ports detected at all? check system profiler/usb (usb2 ownership error?)

lastly: do you have any security software/partition on your flash drive?

if you are doing everything correct as you say, it should have worked, usb not mounting issue is caused by wrong system.kext and kernel version which is confirmed!!! you either telling by guessing w/o checking correct numbers...? or you have non-supported usb controller....

edit: lol at the same time ;)

Maybe it help i had the same problems and my solution was to delete the system.kext at first then start the installer if i didnt delete the system.kext they stay at version 9.2.2.

I hope it helps.

Edit:

My Mainboard is a Abit IP35

@noam: since you didnt talk for so long, i consider it SOLVED? :D

@others: thats why i ask as recommended to delete the two cache files, but didnt mention system.kext deletion bcoz the installer should have overwriten the original system.kext (but i will check again for downgrade force function :) i may have enabled only update which may explain why it doesnt change the original file :) it may be a genuine error by me... I usually force enable the downgrade which overwrites anything, but this one may be left in upgrade only... so it finds higher version and maybe doesnt overwrite... i will check and revise the installer later...)

for the time being: pls delete the system.kext file first before using the installer, until i change the installer again so it will force overwrite instead of trying to update :) sorry for the inconvenience :)

ehm hi :)

im new in this forum and i hope you can help me with my "lovley" hackmac...^^

i can only plug my usb-keyboard and mouse on my computer

if i plug my iphone or ipod than i cannot write anymore ...:D

does it mean that the driver of my keyboard will be disabled ?

another mysterious point is that he recognizes my usb-wlan stick /dlink dwl g122

ah my usb-stick too (masstorage.kext ?)

thx 4 help

i have used lingon and this package (reboot -v -f) too!

but it does not!

pls help

i dont want to install vista :)

here is the new installer for 9.2.0 System.kext that I made which should force installing/overwriting so that you would not have to worry about deleting system.kext manually..

I need someone/volunteer to test this with 9.2.2 system.kext in place to see if it will really force overwriting to 9.2.0 to confirm it works, thanx :hysterical:

hmm

here u have your vol..

it doesnt work ...

usbstick doesnt mount

asdf

dsf

please provide clear description, and show screen caps of your system.kext version after install and kernel version in terminal by typing, uname -a

only then i will believe you, right now, i dont, as you just joined, and dont even provide what version osx you have?...

=========================

@To All: I made a full featured Installer for entire kernel & system.kext installation for 9.2.x systems...

here is screen cap...

usbqu7.png

Updated* (fixed system.kext cant be replaced issue, or any errors when you wanted to install this package...) it should work now smoothly for everyone w/o worrying about -v -f or anytg... although highly recommended to do deleting of extension.mkext and caches/com.blablabal)

Here is the new updated Link with all fixes

Please I need someone/volunteer with knowledge (who understands what he/she is doing) to test this with following combination situations:

+ 9.2.0 Kernel with 9.2.2 system.kext --> use installer and install "9.2.0 system.kext only"

+ 9.2.2 Kernel with 9.2.0 system.kext --> use installer and install "9.2.2 system.kext only"

+ and any standalone kernel&system kext package combination?

here is my system.kexthttp://rapidshare.com/files/113915476/System.kext.zip.htmlkernel 9.2.0kalyway 10.5.2 dvd standard installation if i start any mkg it interrupts me(mistake)here is my system.kexthttp://rapidshare.com/files/113915476/System.kext.zip.htmlkernel 9.2.0kalyway 10.5.2 dvd standard installation if i start any mkg it interrupts me(mistake)

your system.kext is not replaced, did you try the latest version?

i can only install 9.2.0 system.kext only

im installing it ones more und do that with -v -f

cu (reboot)

also why do you install kabyl kernel? it is for nforce chipsets... do you have nforce chipset?

choose toh sleep kernel...

note: i will check if it forces entering password or not, if not, it may be the reason, without root access it would never install, i may have made a genuine error, but you dont provide proper information, it is hard to identify...

omg#am i stupid??i have an abit f190hd motherboardsb600 chip loli will kalyway install new... pls say my which kernel i should take.

after this(after 1hour) i will install your package and give you information

:Dhmm but in kalyway installation i have choosen sleep kernel.. mhm

and with your installation package i cannot install toh sleep kernel because i get this error(mistake,screens above)and new information!after -v -f i got an error called:asynch usbcmd and usbsts not synched oni need to restart and start up without -v -f

my computerhardware:e4300 /at/ 3ghz2gb corsair 667mhz ddr2mainboard abit fatal1ty f190hd bios 1.0ide samsung dvd-writer sata seagate 160gb

omg#

and new information!

after -v -f

i got an error called:

asynch usbcmd and usbsts not synched on

i need to restart and start up without -v -f

you have an ati chipset... and i dont know if it is fully supported or not... sorry not much help there as no experience at that... your usb controller may be not recognized?

i will recheck the installer package and test it later again myself... to see what is wrong with it... it should hve worked, but i dont wanna continue discussing with you as you dont have enough experience to do things and give correct feedback...

i hate my usb-controllerlook:i pug my iphone and look at this (itunes and iphoto work)i plug my ipod touch and it worksi plug my usb-stick and use the script with masstorage and it workswlan-stick and bluetooth doesnt work (i dont know)but if i connect one of this thing, my keyboard doesnt exists anymore! /cannot write DEAD -my mouse is alivepls help :D(((

could i buy a usb-pci-card and use this instead of my onboard?

Hey guys. Hope I'm no noob :D, hehehehe but newbie instead. Well, at first thing didn't work as expected, I got panics at startup. I did just as you said, took pictures using my cellphone camera but the quality is awful but it says something about being "unable to find drivers for this plataform" blah blah blah. Well. I just formatted the whole thing and started over. Again. But now, in the beginning, I did the process of deleting system.kext from S/L/E folder (after making sure it was 9.2.2, since I'm using 9.2.0 sleep kernel), installer the version you provided for download on first post, deleted the extensions.kextcache file under S/L/E/Cache (I know it's not the name, but I think You'll get it), repaired permissions and deleted extensions.mkext. Good. Then just to make sure I looked for system.kext version under info.plist and it showed 9.2.0. Crossed my fingers, waited for updates on boot cache and IT WORKED. So thank you both very much, Lion and C. This really helped a lot since it was the last thing I missed on my install. I had to choose between USB support or Sleep/Restart/Shutdow to work at a time, changing my kernels.

Just to complete, here are my specs:

Giga-byte GA965P-DS3 v3.3

C2Q Q6600 2.4

4Gb 800 DDR2

7600GT 256 with nvinject properly detected

All AHCI ports working and hot swap also.

Two IDE working

Two Seagate 500Gb SATA

Sata Samsung DVD 203B working (toast not tested yet, everything else working ok)

Audio 2 channel working ALC888 (6 ports working 4 outs 1 in 1 mic - all outs working: one at a time, no 5.1, no 7.1)

Onboard NIC working

PS2 keyboard and mouse working

USB NOW WORKING

External FW card working

SLEEP/RESTART/SHUTDOWN working

Again thank you very much!

i am fixing the authorization error now, and update in a few mins, this will solve the install fail error...

The Package is now Updated with all the necessary fixes... It will install and replace the system.kext no matter what... ;) and no more errors should be caused...

I posted the link in previous screenshot message as well, but here is the link again

usbqu7.png

Download

ahhhhhi would like to have the same feeling as he has :(maybe someone will help me ..:(ohhh no!!!!im burning a dvd with no ide patch... it taaaakes sooo lonng and i cannot wait ... i must install this fix! ;)

ahhhhh

i would like to have the same feeling as he has ;)

maybe someone will help me ..:)

try with the new package... but your problem very well be your ATI chipset, which is not a very common/suggested chipset for OSX... but try again with new updated package... hope it helps...