Eddie11c's Leo4Allv2: PPF 2 Discussion Thread (Latest release) / 10.5.2

WinLinMac01

223 posts in this topic

You problem is too many different OS's. if you install Leopard on GUID and then install linux on one of those partitions it would probably work fine, but having setup like you do will probably not work. You could probably boot with the DVD in with rdiskx or something, but that is not really ideal.

Hi, I have a pc with the next configuration:

AMD 5200+ X2

Motherboard Asus M2N32-SLI DELUXE

2gb ddr2

hd sata samsung 250gb

nvidia 6800gt 256mb

In the sata disk, I have windows xp and I have 4 partitions in it (work purposes), and I don't want to install leopard in it.

I installed the leo4allv2, in an EXTERNAL USB 500gb HARD DISK, I partitioned with acronis partition (from hiren's boot cd) a 65gb fat32 partition, next I converted to HFS+ journaled in disk utility and I installed leopard in it.

When I restart, I have a HFS+ partition error.

How can I fix this?

Thank you and congratulation for the distro.

As far as the notebook keyboard/touchpad issue, i tried all the PS2 related kext fixes and packages posted with no success.

I ended up installing this, and backing up the 9.2.2 mach_kernel, formatting and reinstalling kaliway 10.5.1, performe the updates to 10.5.2 and manually replace the kernel.

So I got 10.5.2/9.2.2/working touchpad. This distro has issues with touchpads.

Ok, here's my problem, I installed Leo4Allv2 and that completely went fine but after installing I booted my HDD and not again the disk, I thought I would get to the screen where you have to select your country, keyboard layout etc etc.

But after installing my disk didn't wanted to boot anything, so my second disk was booted, when I pulled them all out I got the message in the:

Verifying DMI Pool Data....

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After that nothing happens, what do I need to do after the installation, boot again from the DVD or what, please help me!

Great job, eddie11c! But I can't use Disk utility to erase the partition. It had some errors while loading the installer, thad said something about RAID, like 0x000000047. And the Disk Utility sais "Verify Volume failed: unrecognized filesystem (for the unformatted part. and ext3) or invalid request (for NTFS partition)". All partitions are displayed correctly and info is OK, but any other functions don't work. Tried to erase via right-click (allows), but it messed up my partition tables. Luckily was able to repair and restore data :D Could this be fixed anyhow in the future releases? The Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 worked fine, though without graphics acceleration.

Tech data:

Samsung HM160HI Disk, S-ATA 2,

Master Boot Record,

Writable: Yes,

Device Tree: pci@0/ide1@1F2/chn0@0/pmp@0/@0:0 (From Disk Utility)

(Graphics- nVidia 8600M GS 256Mb)

Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to ask, if anybody tried to install this distro to a laptop with SB450 SouthBridge - IDE Controller ?

Unfortunately I could't fix the trouble of very slow HDD operationg in both Tiger and Leo. However, possible anybody tried this too with the same hardware?

Leo4Allv2 or anyone who can, can someone please make the gma950 kext available for me please, i dont want to download a 3rd release when i only need the gma950 files, currently my resolution is at 1024x768, it should be 1280x800, but i cant seem to get the resolution resolved, please someone help me

the files can be even emailed to me at spikegotti at gmail.com

thanks in advance

Guest newbrocca

Hi, I installed it(everything work) but, display only 12024x768, checked nvinject 256 during the "customize" ,but no results and at "about this mac" on graphics it shows vram 32mb only and i'm using a nx 8500 gt 256mb.

What should I do?

Thank you!!

AMD 64 3000+ 754

2GB DDR 400 RAM

SATA 160 GB WD

FX 5500 QUADRO VGA

NFORCE3 250 CHIPSET

LEO4ALLV2.iso

is not a install for cpu panic or another errors

What do I do not can what at this subject

cpunfoxm3.jpg

boardnfoth4.jpg

Doesn't work on Dell Inspiron 1520. Gets stuck a few seconds into the -v output, but not "still waiting for root device".

cpus=1 produces a different output in -v, but still gets stuck.

iATKOS works fine.

Chipset: GM 965

CPU: Core 2 Duo

GPU: nVidia 8600M

RAM: 4GB

HD: 250GB

eddie, just thought I'd let you know that ATi released a new BIOS for the HD3850 that no longer works with the driver in your distro.

I have the updated BIOS dump if you'd like it. It might help with getting a new driver out there that works for the newer HD3850 owners :P

What do I need to do after installing when the Installer is rebooting, BOOT from DVD/CD or boot from HDD?

Please help me, it such an easy question.

After first reboot you should boot from HDD.

P.S. As I see your laptop has the same architecture as mine. Is it ok at your laptop + Leo with HDD speed? How much time the installation process takes? As for me, Leo installing on my laptop for about 3 hours.

Hello, eddie11c

First my computer spec are:

CPU: AMD Atholon 64 3400+ 2.4Ghz ( Socket 754, SSE2, )

Motherboard: Chipset: SiS 760 Rev. 02. (ASUSTek Computers INC. Model: Salmon 1.04.)

Bios: Phoenix Technologies, Ver. 3.12, 04/20/2005

Video graphics: ATI Radeon 9600 (AGP 4x)

Memory: 1GB DDR PC3200

Onboard audio: AC-97

HD: 200GB SEAGATE SATA1

DVD/RW (IDE)

Onboard LAN: Realtek Working

I've downloaded like 5 or 6 installation DVDs but none recognized my hard drive, I dont know what it doesn't show the hard drive in the Disk Utility. I've tried everything.

If I connect my old 4GB hard drive I can install mac on it but i really want the hard drive to be recognized so I can use Mac on my pc.

Can you help me please?

My hard drive's vendor id and device id are: VEN1039 DEV5513

SiS Device ID's are hard coded inside their kext. I don't know if yours is compatible or not, but if it is I have fixed an issue with it in the upcoming release. If you can wait I will contact you later in the week for a direct download/test of it.

SiS Device ID's are hard coded inside their kext. I don't know if yours is compatible or not, but if it is I have fixed an issue with it in the upcoming release. If you can wait I will contact you later in the week for a direct download/test of it.

Thank you so much Eddie11c, please upload in megaupload or rapidshare the fix and put the link here. :rolleyes: I'll test if it works

Great Job Eddie. It works like a charm.

I have a question though about changing the verbose startup, since I don`t know anything about scripts.

I have opened the file you mention with BBEdit I just need to know what should I change?

Do I just delete the line which says <string>-v<string>? or I have to do more?

Thanx a lot!

My setup is:

ASUS P5B Premium

Nvidia 7200 GT

Pentium D 3.4 Ghz

2GB RAM

250 GB HD

... and I have great audio through my external USB EZBus audio/controlsurface/mixer.

My Dell Inspiron 1520 gets stuck trying to boot the install DVD.

This is the last thing I see with every kernel option (Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv2 10.5.2)

-------------------------

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

[]

---------------------------------------------

uses GM 965, nVidia 8600M, Core2Duo, 4GB RAM.

iATKOSv2 10.5.1 boots up but it's only 10.5.1

Anyone have any suggestions?

HP DC5750

Mac os x intaller works fine.

Try booting....get past the verbose screen....get into install....get up to the part where it asks to retrieve any old settings....press continue....freezes....installer restarts

So it freezes when it tries to get to the network part.

Help?

hey eddie,

nice release :hysterical:

but...

I have a prob:

After installing and restarting without an error (the yellow text) I was able to choose my language and to choose not to transform my data from another pc, or drive or what else.

so after I click on the continue button he shows again the welcome screen where I can choose the language again. I thought it was because of that I installed v2 with the option timemachine correction selected. So I reinstalled Leo again but without correction and again the same prob. So I thougt it maybe lies on the disk rights so I started from the dvd and within the disk manager I repaired the disk and the dependencies (there were quite a lot of errors, saying warning SUID should be 0 but is 80 and other and weren't repaired) So I gave it a try and restarted again. but leo says no keyboard installed, so I pluged the usb one (next to ps2) and than choosed again my language and keyboard language and after chossed again no user transform and it restarted again but from the screen where he found the keyboard *gg*

so what is going wrong here??

please help eddie

cya guys and keep up the good work.

EDIT: I guess same prob like the reply before....