Eddie11c's Leo4Allv2: PPF 2 Discussion Thread (Latest release) / 10.5.2

WinLinMac01

223 posts in this topic

Hi Eddie11c,

I figured out what was the problem by looking into log life of the installation process. The package for gfx card radeon x1950 is named wrongly. The Installer is looking for ATI-x19x0.pkg and on the CD the name is ATI-19x0.pkg. So the "x" is missing in front of the card old enumeration style. Can you fix it by releasing a PPF for this, or can I do this by myself????

Regards!

Hi Eddie11c,

I figured out what was the problem by looking into log life of the installation process. The package for gfx card radeon x1950 is named wrongly. The Installer is looking for ATI-x19x0.pkg and on the CD the name is ATI-19x0.pkg. So the "x" is missing in front of the card old enumeration style. Can you fix it by releasing a PPF for this, or can I do this by myself????

Regards!

Thanks! good catch,guess you are the first to try and use it. I will fix it, if you need those drivers you can just install them manually for now.

Open the application I included(hope you did install them) called Invsibles. Click Visible. Browse the DVD to /System/Installation/Packages/ATI and right click the X1900 package. Choose open with Pacifist(Again I hope you chose to install the programs!) extract the files included to your desktop. Then open up the Application Kexthelper. Just drag the files from your desktop to the window. Enter your password and click install. Then just reboot once it says to and hope it works.

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H S-Series AMD AM2 Board, ATI SB600 and AMD 690G chipsets

PNY nVidia Quadro FX1500

Samsung 500GB SATA 3Gb/s HD

Athlon64 X2 AM2 3.0GHz

2GB PC6400 RAM

Unidentified DVD-r/rw drive, DVD drive

Onboard sound

I've run into an issue with the Ati SB600 chipset, and AMD 690G chipset. I had the "still waiting for root device" message during install, so I looked through the forums... The fixes I've found require that you already have a system with OSX on it, so you can use Xcode and terminal to either modify or inject the kexts needed to correct the issue. I need some help in modifying the "AppleOnboardPCATA.kext" and "IOATAFamily.kext" files, and then I need to put them into the ISO I have... all in a linux environment.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Eddie. No I don't have any USB mice or Keyboards installed when I boot. That is so strange about your keyboard and mouse working and mine not. Alot of the changes between the 5K and 8K line to the 6K and 9K line of HP's are more or less cosmetic. I will try your patch right now tho and let you know what happens.

I am also a nub to this. But what exactlly is it doing when we boot with -F? Because like others, my mouse and keyboard work no problem when I use that command.

Just tried your patch and no go. I will keep digging. Oh and now even with -F the trackpad/keyboard does not work.

Ok here is a edit. And part of this may be my sexy noobness. I am sure I installed your Vanilla 9.2.2 Kernal. And when I first did your PS2patch I selected "PS2Fix for Unmoddified Kernal", and that is when my trackpad/keyboard stopped working even with -F". So I just tried it again installing your patch for Moddified Kernal and now everything is working perfect. So with that said. Thanks! Your Rock! Now I am just more confused then I was lol.

The PS2Nub file which enables the PS2 devices to work is dependant to the version of ACPIPlatform installed. I usually have version 1.1.0 go with the Vanilla kernel and 1.0.3 with Netkas' kernel. i think I may have mistakenly used ACPIPlatform 1.2.1 in the installer i posted up.I have issues with restart/shutdown with that version so I will post an installer with the other version when I have time.

My request to all, if you have an SBXXX chipset please post your IDE/PATA Device ID's. I plan on trying to compile a driver to include them all.

At the least you probably need to pick your Kernal and Chipset driver. Start doing some research.Oh and Eddie. Forgot to mention about the Trackpad/Keyboard laptop thing. To get it to work you also must delete ApplePS2ACPI.kext (Or however it is labled).Oh one more thing. You have it setup by default to boot in verbose correct? I know a noob question, but how do I make it so it will boot regular?

If you could take a look at the end of the other real long thread I posted an Extensions.mkext I would like some people to try.

Sure thing, but I still don't have any way to put the mkext into the ISO.... The only files that are visible are 8 different files like "Boot:1" and "boot.cat:1"... By the way, what's the name of the thread?

I don't understand , I tried everything from all leopards dvd (kalyway, Zep.. and etc...) , leo4allv2 is not working on my computer , still panic , I did follow all posts, like acpi S3. see pic . I dont know what to do , hope some one need help My MB is Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 , see cpuz.htm,

cpuz.htm

post-180074-1206926989_thumb.jpg