New to this world

20 posts in this topic

and here, in this forum section you will learn how to customize your your osx.

thx for the info guys....

right so my mac is running on intel ....

as i have just bought my macbook.... its running on leopard....

pls advise on where can i get some free apps for my mac... to make it more interesting...

also,

i cant seem to run exe files on my mac.... it says it does not support it.... is there a way around?

thx

Just used OS X apps they are DMG, basically they are like ISO images that get mounted and then you install just by dragging to your applications folder, then unmount it.

http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/

http://www.macosxapps.com/

No .exe dont work unless you get Crossover which runs Windows apps but there are plenty of OS X apps.

thx for the info guys....

right so my mac is running on intel ....

as i have just bought my macbook.... its running on leopard....

pls advise on where can i get some free apps for my mac... to make it more interesting...

also,

i cant seem to run exe files on my mac.... it says it does not support it.... is there a way around?

thx

"slaps forehead"

what a f^cking nOOb. . .

omfg he is so far away from the correct forum that its not even funny. There is no way this guy is for real.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Rufus...

How does such an impure thought like that even cross your mind?!You must show loyalty to Uncy Steve!

thx for the info guys....right so my mac is running on intel ....as i have just bought my macbook.... its running on leopard....pls advise on where can i get some free apps for my mac... to make it more interesting...also,i cant seem to run exe files on my mac.... it says it does not support it.... is there a way around?thx

The Only thing you should be allowed to do is return your Mac and get an Eee PC...Of course you mac is running on intel, all new macs do, its kinda common knowledge.You should not be able to run exe files out of the box because they are winblose files, like running a DMG on windows.You can get freeware apps anywhere, for the rest, let me tell you little secret about Torrents.

Which nor me, or this forum condone using unless you own the software your downloading.

Macs have had leopard pre-installed since october 26th 2007, i should know, i was at the launch...You should just switch back to PC... its your salvation. go back to opening wordpad thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread. Go back to running AV (anti virus) and enjoy DLL hell...

Think Mark

What's the big deal Think Mark? I mean heck, I thought a MacBook could do anything?

How can I get a toolbar instead of a dock? I think that's what at the bottom of my screen.

Where is the start menu?

Hey this topic is kinda funny actually. Oh and regards to the rest of Think Marks' post, I totally agree with it.

.dll hell, classic stuff

@ Rufus...How does such an impure thought like that even cross your mind?!You must show loyalty to Uncy Steve!The Only thing you should be allowed to do is return your Mac and get an Eee PC...Of course you mac is running on intel, all new macs do, its kinda common knowledge.You should not be able to run exe files out of the box because they are winblose files, like running a DMG on windows.You can get freeware apps anywhere, for the rest, let me tell you little secret about Torrents.Which nor me, or this forum condone using unless you own the software your downloading.Macs have had leopard pre-installed since october 26th 2007, i should know, i was at the launch...You should just switch back to PC... its your salvation. go back to opening wordpad thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread. Go back to running AV (anti virus) and enjoy DLL hell...Think Mark
hey think mark..thanks for the utterly wonderful tips...chodu.....
What's the big deal Think Mark? I mean heck, I thought a MacBook could do anything?How can I get a toolbar instead of a dock? I think that's what at the bottom of my screen.Where is the start menu?Hey this topic is kinda funny actually. Oh and regards to the rest of Think Marks' post, I totally agree with it. .dll hell, classic stuff
hey dufus...oh sorry rufus.... thx for your help too....

I understands that you might feel a bit left out,

But what you are asking is like what is a mouse? right click where?

I suggest you go here

Read some, understand some, after that if you still have question, we'll be happy to help.

Can a mod please close this thread, its obvious stryker2301 hasnt used a forum before and doesnt know how to search either that or he/she is being n00b on purpose.

stryker2301 Maybe you should have a look in the other sections of this forum or go to neowin.net forums and then the apple switchers forum.

Stryker2301, I'm assuming that your post is legit and you aren't just trolling.

The Only thing you should be allowed to do is return your Mac and get an Eee PC...Of course you mac is running on intel, all new macs do, its kinda common knowledge.You should not be able to run exe files out of the box because they are winblose files, like running a DMG on windows.You can get freeware apps anywhere, for the rest, let me tell you little secret about Torrents.

Which nor me, or this forum condone using unless you own the software your downloading.

Macs have had leopard pre-installed since october 26th 2007, i should know, i was at the launch...You should just switch back to PC... its your salvation. go back to opening wordpad thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread. Go back to running AV (anti virus) and enjoy DLL hell...

Think Mark

Oh Think Mark, you're just so clever. Stryker2301 is unfamiliar with his Macbook and OS 10, so of course he/she must be a Windows user! You're taking for granted that Stryker2301 has used a computer before. Many people have never used a computer, let alone a Macintosh.

As far as him/her saying that he is running Leopard and has an Intel processor: when you are seeking support of any kind, it is good to provide as much information as possible. It was good of Stryker to better explain his/her situation in this way. I do of course agree that this should not have been posted in 'Wallpapers, Icons, Themes and Skins'.

Stryker, some OS 10 apps I recommend are:

Transmission for torrents

Linkinus for IRC

Handbrake for media conversion