The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

Grav3Mind

160 posts in this topic

...(file access/permissions)...

Can't we make a sticky out of this?

open terminal

sudo -s

enter password if asked

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/<drivername>.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensios/<drivername>.kext

kextload it agian, should work.

hi..

thanks for your help, it really work, now i restart my system and go to midi setup,

from the drop down i could only choose 2ch-16bit,2ch-20bit,2ch-24bit, there don't have6ch-16bit..so how is the next step, need help, pls..

Hi..i am here again, i can hear sounds now, thanks alot to all of you,...

but the problem is i can use it for a whole day with sound,listen music,watching movie...but just after a reboot...the sound not work again...there don't have any device inside sysem preferences/sound/output/?

somebody has the same problem?

i upgraded to 10.4.6 and of course it broke my sound, once again the step by step fixed my sound. excellent guide. much much appriciated.

btw, for the kext just google "appleac97audio.kext macgirl" :censored2:

ORRR u could just use the link that i gave IN MY POST linking to the thread with the kext in it ^_-. its like the 5th post down. @_@ lol

nitephyre:~ root# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext appears to be valid

8IOUSBNub is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Followed instructions, and this is what i'm getting..

Any Ideas?

Cheers :whistle:

**EDIT**

nevermind, it works now WOO HOO..

now to just get my zBoard & MX1000 working and i'll be happy as a pig in poop :)

• 3 weeks later...
i used this method on the ps2controller.kext and now i have keyboard, trackpad, and sound thanks to this thread :D can anyone say full working system?

really? thats awesome. yeah i guess if your having problems with other kexts then you could just use the basic format of the instrutions for the sound ones. cool and good job ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a toshiba tecra m4 with the 915pm chipset and soundmax ad1981b sound card. i have tried every method in this posting, but i don't get audio.

i try and load the audio kexts and they load, but nothing happens. i am running 10.4.6.

any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
I finally solved it with the C-Media 8738 that I found in that topic: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...ic=1656&hl=

I have sound in 10.4.6 :)

hey i added that to the bottom of my tutorial. thanks for lettin me kno!

One last thing, if anyone has posted here and STILL has no audio, please post with your problems and error codes and model of sound card or integratedness that you may heve :). and if you havnt posted here and have no sound and you have sound max or a ac97 complient card then post away with that info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before (even after all those searches!)!

Yes please, I'd like a serve of 'fix my sound problem so I can get my right audio channel working' too :)

i just havnt had the time or ....really an new ideas as to what the problem may be. if ANYONE is willing to help lemme know....remember ^_-....FREE jello pudding cup still up for grabs :D