The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

Grav3Mind

160 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to personally thank mac-nipulate for the great guide. if you follow it correctly, you should have no problem getting your sound up and running.

Also, a big thanks to macgirl for supplying the kext file!

I would like to personally thank mac-nipulate for the great guide. if you follow it correctly, you should have no problem getting your sound up and running.

Also, a big thanks to macgirl for supplying the kext file!

lol wow well thanks for the props, didnt think anyone used this anymore xD lol.

did u try all the others? and even though you already have something there did u try replacing the kexts with the one that i linked to?

no i used the one on my desktop pc : myzar 10.4.5DVD that works on my P4P800SE

the driver is loaded but no sound

I've tried almost all the soundmax fixes with no avail, i've replace my appleac97audio.kext with all the diff versions and nothing. gonna retry this one, in the meantime any tips?

sadly other than waht is in my tutorial i cant think of much else unless your getting a error message.

as i do have the driver loaded and dont have sound, and cant choose 6 speakers i guess im dead :sorcerer: too bad

i may have a workaround if u find which file is linked to 3 and 6 into configuration then we use ur file :D

sadly other than waht is in my tutorial i cant think of much else unless your getting a error message.

this is awesome! i booted into osx to play around with fixing it a bit more and I noticed i had a volume icon in the tray and then i got the slider and sound!

i was playing around with the voice recognition, thing is amazing!

thanks guys. i just got an atheros card off ebay so when i get that i'll have wifi!

last thing is my vid, i have opengl fixed and movie playback with vlc is fine but if i make it fullscreen, it lags.

this is awesome! i booted into osx to play around with fixing it a bit more and I noticed i had a volume icon in the tray and then i got the slider and sound!

i was playing around with the voice recognition, thing is amazing!

thanks guys. i just got an atheros card off ebay so when i get that i'll have wifi!

last thing is my vid, i have opengl fixed and movie playback with vlc is fine but if i make it fullscreen, it lags.

so my Tut. helped?

I'm having exactly the same problem.

SigmaTel HDA

Vendor: 8384

Device: 7690

PC: Acer Travelmate 3000

Some helps??

PS: It would be interesting to update the wiki also with al this findings, huh? :(

as i do have the driver loaded and dont have sound, and cant choose 6 speakers i guess im dead :( too bad

i may have a workaround if u find which file is linked to 3 and 6 into configuration then we use ur file :)

I'm having exactly the same problem.

SigmaTel HDA

Vendor: 8384

Device: 7690

PC: Acer Travelmate 3000

Some helps??

PS: It would be interesting to update the wiki also with al this findings, huh? :(

well give me a little more time folks, im trying to figure out how to solve this problem seeing as how not even replacing the kext is helping you. just know that im not ignoring you all. im also having alittle problem with my version of osx86. its not loading properly so i cant acess at the moment. sorry guys! Im workin on it! (ive also written a few people that have much more knowledge than I, to see if they could lend a hand)

Update:bad IDE cable so i dont have the option of booting to the osx drive at the moment. gotta go get a new one so ittll be close to a week.....@_@ GAH! sorry guys

***Update on the update***: I ordered the ribbon cabel...dhl says it should be here in 3 days...well see @_@.

Installed "your" kext, loaded perfectly (no errors), reboot, kext is not loaded and (quite obviously) sound is not working. :thumbsdown_anim:

I've tried a lot of modified kexts now, but still with no result. Any idea?

btw: it's an AD1986A; running 10.4.5

edit: nevermind, what pci soundcard DOES work? (6 channels is possible)

Installed "your" kext, loaded perfectly (no errors), reboot, kext is not loaded and (quite obviously) sound is not working. :D

I've tried a lot of modified kexts now, but still with no result. Any idea?

btw: it's an AD1986A; running 10.4.5

edit: nevermind, what pci soundcard DOES work? (6 channels is possible)

any soundmax card will work. and btw my instuctions were only tested on 10.4.3 not.5 so im not sure itll work but in theory it should. you may need a special kext

dear all,

i get this message, somebody help:

kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)