The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

Grav3Mind

160 posts in this topic

macnipulate how do u "fix the fact that alot of people cannot see more than 2 or three channels..instead of 6"?? cause im having a vaio and my ac97 is recognized only i cannot have sound on the internal speakers... and i read 6 channels can fix it thanx again!!!

macnipulate how do u "fix the fact that alot of people cannot see more than 2 or three channels..instead of 6"?? cause im having a vaio and my ac97 is recognized only i cannot have sound on the internal speakers... and i read 6 channels can fix it thanx again!!!

wells see thats the problem i dont know where to start from....cause i dont whats causing the problem. so any input welcome as to get the fixed. (and so did u get the sound working or no? i didnt understand you right i think?)

For me, whatever I try I only ever seem to get sound from the left speaker.

Its like something has disabled the output to the right channel / speaker... hmm

now thats one i havnt heard before, i suppose ill add that to the list of things to try to figure out lol.

Oh man, well now I feel like a fool :blink:

Let me tell you why hehe

After making my post, I thought I'd better go through the whole process again... and I did and without luck, BUT..

Yep, here it comes. As I have an Audigy in my system and my speakers have two inputs I had two leads running into the amp from my computer (you can see where this is going right?).

Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd just swap the cables and see if it made any difference...

Audio channels 3 and 6 were selected in the Midi Setup

BOOM its all working now!

Thanks for your help :D

Hi all.. I'm kinda newbie here, I installed JaS's 10.4.7 on my Travelmate 4222*, the installation's working fine, but I still have no sound and WiFi undetected. I've searched the forum to no avail. My apology if I post in the wrong topic/forum but it seems to me that people here know what they're doing. Thanks in advance.

*Travelmate 4222NWLCi:

- Intel Core Duo 1,66 GHz (SSE2/SSE3)

- Chipset i945GM

- VGA: GMA 950 (QE & CI supported @1280x800x32)

- Audio: Realtek HDA (not sure 'bout the type, not working)

- WiFi: IPW 3945 a/b/g (not detected)

- Others like USB are working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the whole mac thing, and i got the installation of 10.4.3 right first time on my laptop. However, after working out how to get the keyboard and mouse to work (you have to turn off legacy usb in the bios), I can't for the life of me get the audio running.

I have a picture of a volume bar type thing when I adjust the volume from my laptop scroll thingy. It pics up that I have AC97 sound attached to two speakers. The volume is just not there.

I have a Gateway m320 celeron laptop. In windows, my soundcard is detected as a SoundMAX intergrated digital audio card, runs on IRQ10, and has no problems. I ran through the instructions on page one, and still no fix. Anybody out there able to give me a hand????

And if you can fix the wireless too, I would be very much in your debt.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 10.4.7 running on a del optiplex 170L

the sound card is 82801EB ICH5 (808624D5)

I copied the kext to my home, I deleted it, copy the text back from the home, deleted the kache, I also played with the 6 output channels and nothing :S

I have the sound controls but I can't hear any sound at all...

rodrigo-dominguezs-computer:~ rorra$ kextstat | grep -i ac97

50 1 0x1b3e6000 0xd000 0xc000 com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio (1.0.0) <49 11>

51 0 0x1b2d2000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioIntelICH (1.0.0) <50 16 11>

wow, you are a genius, I just downloaded the kext file and I was able to set the left channel to 3 and right channel to 6, it works!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

System: DELL Optiplex 170 L

OS: osx86 10.4.7 (uptaded from 10.4.6), thank you, I'm really happy, now I can use my pc at work :D

I have a 10.4.7 running on a del optiplex 170L

the sound card is 82801EB ICH5 (808624D5)

I copied the kext to my home, I deleted it, copy the text back from the home, deleted the kache, I also played with the 6 output channels and nothing :S

I have the sound controls but I can't hear any sound at all...

wow, you are a genius, I just downloaded the kext file and I was able to set the left channel to 3 and right channel to 6, it works!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

System: DELL Optiplex 170 L

OS: osx86 10.4.7 (uptaded from 10.4.6), thank you, I'm really happy, now I can use my pc at work :)

cool! glad to see this is still helping people :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have a Sigmatel C-Major (9750) sound card on my Inspiron 9200. I do have sound but nothing seems to come out of the subwoofer beneath my laptop. I checked the Audio settings, looked at the output, and sure enough there isnt an output for a subwoofer, just the usual 2 channels. Wonder if others with Dell laptops with a subwoofer have a similar issue. Any resolutions?

• 2 weeks later...