New ToH/Netkas 9.2.0 Kernel

Sabr

87 posts in this topic

EXCELLENT netkas. What we need now is a kernel with

- Sleep

- Shutdown and Restart

- SpeedStep

ALL IN ONE. If that is possible. I'm sticking with the Speedstep kernel for now since Sleep isn't important to me.

Wayfarer,

Hoping that you backed up your kernel, you just copy it back over. And even if it did nothing for you, there is no harm in leaving it.

Sabr,

I know its typical to repair permissions but what I found was that after I repaired permissions after I installed the new kernel, no permission errors related to the kernel popped up in the log...

Sabr,

I know its typical to repair permissions but what I found was that after I repaired permissions after I installed the new kernel, no permission errors related to the kernel popped up in the log...

I guess it varies then, because most of the time the permissions have changed. I do on occasion have no incorrect permissions after replacing a kext or something though. I just feel it's safer to repair permissions afterwards. :(

Thks pcwiz , now how do i fix permissions for just this one thing without using disk utility, which sees what is wrong but never repairs anything, in my case anyways.

Thks again

Applications > Utilities > Terminal

And then enter (letter-for-letter):

diskutil repairPermissions /

:)

EXCELLENT netkas. What we need now is a kernel with

- Sleep

- Shutdown and Restart

- SpeedStep

ALL IN ONE. If that is possible. I'm sticking with the Speedstep kernel for now since Sleep isn't important to me.

I don't think that's possible. mac.nub and netkas both explain that sleep won't work with this implementation of speedstep. I'm fine with that. I'm just absolutely greatful that these guys are so working hard on their own time to benifit us. Thanks netkas

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can i use the 9.2.0 kernal if I dont have EFI??

As i selected SSE2/SSE3 during my kaly install

I think so, but the safest way to find out is not to replace your mach_kernel, but rename this one to mach_kernel.toh or something similar. Then place it in your root directory, repair permissions, and at the Darwin prompt, type "mach_kernel.toh" and it should boot using that one instead. Then you can overwrite the original mach_kernel if it works.

Remember - always make backups just in case! :D

can someone please PM me a download link for the kernel cos I dont have or know how to use and IRC programs :unsure: .

Wait, you want to mess with critical ring 0 system files, but can't download and use a simple IRC program? There is just something wrong with that on so many levels. :blink:

Damn, using the sleep kernel sleeping mode finally works, BUT now sound is choppy and my clock is running too slow!? I mean, when I start OSX time is fine because it syncs with the internet time server, but from that point I'm continously "loosing" time :-/ I think the new kernel has problems finding the right FSB speed? So I had to switch back to vanilla kernel.

ok I still have to hit reset on my machine to restart leopard, any fixes pls?

Also my Realtek alc650 sound is not working, any ideas on kexts or other things I could use?

Thks

Maybe i'll leave mach alone and not put mach sse2??