10.4.4 Security Broken

Swad

161 posts in this topic

Guest goodtime

Super. Looking forward to trying out 10.4.4. Waiting for my TargetPC with i915G motherboard.

Have 10.4.3 running smoothly on my Laptop, but it looks like you need an extra partition for 10.4.4, not willing to trash my XP partition for 10.4.4 just quite yet, but I was tempted.

Cheers,

gt

java script:emoticon(';)', 'smid_2')

I've searched in the forums, but I could not find an answear to my problem : I've followed instructions from the site whitch can't be linked, but I am still getting the same "Illegal instruction" message when I try to use kextcache.

I've tried using mach_kernel.all and a personnally patched kernel, butit does not work.

I've recent pentium m with unbroken PAE, but no SSE3...

EDIT : my mistake... I used incorect syntax in my boot options. Now, it -almost- works. I am still getting a cpu panic at 019C352...

Just installed. Very fast. More responsive than 10.4.3 and tearing is noticeably better (for me at least.)

I have sound, but no internet. Which old kext from 10.4.3 do I need to move into 10.4.4 to get networking working again? Hmmm...

BTW, I now have a useless 3gb partition with 10.4.3. No instructions on how to get rid of it. Bah... I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll install 10.4.3 to vmware and install 10.4.4 onto the physical hdd all over again.

For some reason it said "you need 15.5gb to install os x." so I had to go to each package one by one and install.. ugh

acrroding to Mac Rumors, "the MacBook Pro already ships with Mac OS X 10.4.5 DVDs". we cant keep reinstalling the entire system every time apple releases an update, there must be a way to upgrade the system for us, the question is how

There is a download of the 10.4.5 update as a single file on the apple homepage. We (maxxuss...) must just patch the installer and apply it.

First release in the binaries...

ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͻ		 ÉÄËÄÄËÄÄÄËÄÄÄÄËÍÄÄÄÍËÍÄÄÄÍËÄÄÄÄËÄÄÄËÄÄËĻ		 ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͻ
ÈÎ			ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÄͼÍÊÍÍÊÍÍÍÊÍÍÍÍÊÍÍÍÍÍÊÍÍÍÍÍÊÍÍÍÍÊÍÍÍÊÍÍÊÍÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ			μ
²³						  MAC OS 10.4.4 x86 BOOTABLE DVD PATCH					   ³±
²³																					 ³±
²³							  ReLeaSe		 ISO/DVD PATCHER						³±
²³							  CoMPaGNy		Osx86 Community						³±
²³							  Kind			Patch								  ³±
²³							  NoMBre De RaR   18,1Mb								 ³±
²³							  ReLeaSe DaTe	21 Febreruary 2006					 ³±
²³							  Iso													³±
²³							  Format		  OSX Shell Script					   ³±
²³							  Protection	  Steve Jobs Karma, TPM				  ³±
²³											  Apple Lawyers						  ³±
ɼËÍÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ
ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÍËȻ
Èμ Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Èμ
 ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͻ											 ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ
ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ											 ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͻ
ÈÎ																					 μ
²³									 Description									 ³±
²³ Mac OS X 10.4.4 8G1165 DVD AutoPatcher											  ³±
²³ Warning: This requires at least 10 gigabytes of free space a working OSX			³±
²³ Installation and the First Restore DVD. This method works to create a bootable	  ³±
²³ 10.4.4 install dvd to install 10.4.4 Natively, this Will NOT work to install		³±
²³ VMWare at present. (this is being looked into)									  ³±
²³ Note: If you have not purchased a computer which provides a copy of OSX for Intel,  ³±
²³ the use of this script is strictly prohibited and is punishable by law. This will   ³±
²³ modify the First Restore DVD to fit on a standard DVD and install on generic		³±
²³ hardware.																		   ³±
ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÍËȻ
Èμ Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Èμ
ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ											 ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͻ
ÈÎ																					 μ
²³									Installation									 ³±
²³ To Use:																			 ³±
²³ 1) Drag the 10.4.4 restore disk image named macosx_10.4.4_dvd.dmg into			  ³±
²³ place-dmg-in-here directory located in the autopatch directory. (rename to		  ³±
²³ macosx_10.4.4_dvd.dmg if it isn't already named as such)							³±
²³ 2) Right/Ctrl-Click PatchIt in the autopatch directory and select Open With and	 ³±
²³ select TextEdit.app from /Applications. (if it is not already in the list)		  ³±
²³ 3) Change line APDIR= to reflect the directory in which you have placed the		 ³±
²³ autopatch directory in. Example:													³±
²³ APDIR="/Volumes/OSX1044/Users/user/Desktop/autopatch"							   ³±
²³ 4) Save File and Exit TextEdit.													 ³±
²³ 5) Open Terminal. (Applications->Utilities)										 ³±
²³ 6) Type sudo sh and drag the PatchIt file into the Terminal window and press enter. ³±
²³ 7) Enter password when prompted.													³±
²³ 8) Wait.																			³±
²³ 9) Once the script finishes go into your autopatch directory.					   ³±
²³ 10) Burn BurnThisImage.iso to disk.												 ³±
²³ 11) Install 10.4.4.																 ³±
²³	 Useful Links																	³±
²³		   * Maxxuss homepage (the man who invent the wheel)						 ³±
²³		   * OSx86Project.org (Forum, News, Wiki)									³±
²³		   * win2osx.net (Forum, Wiki)											   ³±
²³		   * 360insider.net (Forum)												  ³±
²³		   * osx86china.net (OS X x86 Forum for english speakers)					³±
²³		   * Digg for Apple (User submitted News)									³±
²³		   * IRC channels:														   ³±
²³					 #osx86dvd on youknowwhere.r-type.ca									  ³±
ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÍËȻ
ÉÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͼ											 ÈÍÄÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÄͻ
ÈÎ																					 º	   

º Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð Ð   º
 ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ
ÍÍÍÍͼ

Yes. The creation of the bootable DVD needs a working OS X 10.4.3 (or later) mac or PC it doesn't matter. The product, the patched DVD itself, is for a PC, one with or without any OS X installed.

Prep a hard drive for OS X installation under Windows? See the Technical FAQ on the Wiki (link at top of the forum).