Plucka

152 posts in this topic

From Google cache, credit: netkas

Open Terminal/Finder/etc, go to System/Library/Extensions. start installing update.

Monitor System/Library/Extensions folder, once AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext appears there - remove it immideatly.

u can use this little script for it, run as root, before starting upgrade

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

once update finished, press ctrl-c in terminal window, to stop script, don’t press restart !

after it, open this text file - /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

find there /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

and replace with /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext or r3d3 if u use r3d3.

now u can recover ur applesmbios/applehda/etc (didn;’t u forget to make backups b4 running update ?)

and finaly press restart.

on first start it will do smth, without booting to gui, then it will reboot, it can take about 3-4 mins, then it shuld boot normaly, if u didn;t forget smth.

of course it’s all for intel core 2 based cpus and intel mobos. and pc_efi.

Weird I would expect it to be part of 10.5.2 and not a separate patch. Like they did before.
didn't get that on my powerbook - no idea.probably something that fixes up something in macbooks
what error did it give shah?
kernel panic. You need to restart blah blah blah..p.s: It is 2.4 gb when you expand + install - just gave me an error on my powerbook as I have just 2gig free - wow big update

a lot of pple with kalyway installs here...

I have the brazilmac method on a guid partition and efi v8

ill give it a try when i get home, hopefully it will work like i updated to 10.5.1 after a clean install

a lot of pple with kalyway installs here...I have the brazilmac method on a guid partition and efi v8 ill give it a try when i get home, hopefully it will work like i updated to 10.5.1 after a clean install
Thanks, looking forward to your result. I have a separate hdd with brazilmac to tinker around, but I cannot seem to find that right now. Probably left it at work or something.
did not work on kalyway with efi and vanilla kernel ....i got the the curtain of death.....
Ditto.Did any one try the netkas method?

Hey guys, lets hope someone can shed some light on the method to install to Kalyway 10.5.1 GUID and Vanilla, I salute all the guys that are taking the plunge and installing, wish everyone good luck, cant wait to read the results, cheers all Plucka Original Poster! :(