Plucka

152 posts in this topic

I can confirm that netkas instructions work! But now: should we after that load the graphic-update? :rolleyes:

Dito. Worked flawlessly for me on my iAtkos rc2 GUID EFI_v8 hackintosh running Vanilla Kernel. Only replaced AppleSMBIOS.kext as per netkas instructions. Haven't bothered with the graphics update yet, though (it's only been a full 3 minutes since I booted up) and I think I'll hold for a while, since everything is working perfectly as is, and I'm guessing the update will break my Natit-driven x1600pro.

EDIT:

Decided to give the Graphics Update a try, and as expected it broke my x1600pro support, but after reverting back to 10.4.5 ATINDRV.kext and adding my device id to ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Plist.info everything is back to it's glorious QE/CI working order. The graphics update still shows up in software update, though, but apart from ATINDRV.kext everything else is new, and animations and such seems slightly faster, so I'm guessing it does make use of the other updated drivers at least to some degree.

10.5.2 seems to be a bit snapier than previous versions of leo.

Buuuuut, the shutdown problem is not solved :rolleyes: Went back to the patched acpiplatform.kext to recover

reboot ability. Also my Inspiron is still unable to wake up (display keeps black).

Graphics update hasn't broken anything on my 8800GTS 320MbI still have Natit loaded though. That'll do me for tonight.

10.5.2 seems to be a bit snapier than previous versions of leo.Buuuuut, the shutdown problem is not solved :rolleyes: Went back to the patched acpiplatform.kext to recover reboot ability. Also my Inspiron is still unable to wake up (display keeps black).
Sleep and wake up is fine here - P5WDH Deluxe mobo

Netkas method

February 11, 2008

How to update to 10.5.2

February 11th 2008 Posted to Apple, Leopard, pc efi

UPDATE: doesn;’t work with software update, need to have dmg/pkg.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...omboupdate.html

Open Terminal/Finder/etc, go to System/Library/Extensions. start installing update.

Monitor System/Library/Extensions folder, once AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext appears there - remove it immideatly.

u can use this little script for it, run as root, before starting upgrade

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

once update finished, press ctrl-c in terminal window, to stop script, don’t press restart !

after it, open this file in textedit - /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

find there string /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

and replace with this string /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext or r3d3 if u use r3d3.

then save it.

now u can recover ur applesmbios/applehda/etc (didn;’t u forget to make backups b4 running update ?)

and finaly press restart.

on first start it will do smth, without booting to gui, then it will reboot, it can take about 3-4 mins, then it shuld boot normaly, if u didn;t forget smth.

of course it’s all for intel core 2 based cpus and intel mobos. and pc_efi.

other users can use 10.5.1 kernel/system.kext with 10.5.2 system (like amd users or pentium-d)

What about Kalyway & MBR? Not GUID.

I can confirm that using the Netkas method at http://netkas.org/?p=50 on Kalyway 10.5.1, MBR install, everything went perfectly! I installed the graphics driver update as well and no problems so far.

My hardware is 975BX2, Q6600, 4GB RAM, and Nvidia 7800GTX 256MB.

I also tested sleep/wake (still works flawlessly; love my BX2!) and shutdown/restart still works great.

Also, I didn't back up any kexts, just removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and edited the startup script, changing the 'Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext' to dsmos.kext.

Follow Netkas instructions and you should be fine; or if you're not comfortable on the command line, wait for a package from Kalyway. Hell, if you're not comfortable on the command line, you probably shouldn't be using hackintosh in the first place! :D

Good luck!

P.S. Does anybody know if I can pop my XFX Nvidia 8800GT 512MB card in and have it work now? What kext should I use to enable this off-the-shelf 8800GT to work with the new drivers? Your help is appreciated.

10.5.2 Success!

Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 DVD

All other specs in sig!

Did you follow netkas instructions? If so which kext did you backup and replaced?

Also, did you have guid or mbr? And did you have vanilla or patched kernel?

Thanks.