Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Guest undefined
some of you have patched the bios

maybe someone can help me on this - anyone?

Jalavoui you have to hack the bios. tell me if you need help on this .

I suppose he does need help, rwmanos.

And it's funny, two big developers working on the drivers jut now! After I replaced my 4965 with Broadcom 4311 card. I waited a year, where have you guys been? ;)

finally installed mac os x

the computer as a switch for turning bluetooth AND wireless card on/off

tested both ways with 3945 card and it doesn't get detect

if anyone can help on patching the bios - here's the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3667489

this is a hp dv6730ep with a amd turion

the bios defaults to allow 3945 and broadcom cards

3945 also doesn't work on vista

i'll test this in xp and linux

if anyone as a dv67000 - please post other drivers links. i'm looking for video,sound,etc

after some reading i found out hp6700 support 3 cards: broadcom, intel and atheros

looks like intel cards only work in intel processor

i have a amd processor...

can someone confirm that intel 3945/4965 works with a amd processor?

Ok People..

1) Jalavoui said tha hpdv6*** bios is locked so you can't change minipci wireless adaptor.(that's why he needs a bios hack)without a bios hack intel3945 or 4965 won't work at all (either on vista,mac,linux,etc.)

2)Jalavoui don't work on the drivers yet because he don't have the ability to test them without working hardware Voodoo labs works on the driver (I think not yet on 3945 and 4965)

just read the topic. And don't ask when are they going to be released or if they work.They are not stable yet

Well maybe it's time to lock this thread yet again, but as Jalavoui appears to be active again we'll leave it open for now. Please keep this topic for discussion of development of the iwidarwin driver and nothing else. Hijacking the topic with other projects only serves to increase confusion.

already patched my dv6700 bios

the whitelist is in the attached file

the whitelist trick (f9 eb -» f8 eb) doesn't work

i don't find any reference in the list for 8680 devices BUT i can attach a 3945 card and start the pc without the 104 error - after that the card fails to get detected

really need help on this one...

BIOSCOD4.rar

finally installed mac os x

the computer as a switch for turning bluetooth AND wireless card on/off

tested both ways with 3945 card and it doesn't get detect

if anyone can help on patching the bios - here's the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3667489

this is a hp dv6730ep with a amd turion

the bios defaults to allow 3945 and broadcom cards

3945 also doesn't work on vista

i'll test this in xp and linux

if anyone as a dv67000 - please post other drivers links. i'm looking for video,sound,etc

after some reading i found out hp6700 support 3 cards: broadcom, intel and atheros

looks like intel cards only work in intel processor

i have a amd processor...

can someone confirm that intel 3945/4965 works with a amd processor?

i have a hp dv5t and came with intel 5100. after doing much research i found that with hp laptops/desktops the bios whitelists certain cards, which u already know. u can hack the bios to allow any card but if u have amd the intel wireless wont work with hp. i believe this cuz i have an intel core2 and my atheros card wouldnt work for me so i had to get a broadcom card and i think it is vice versa. maybe u can get it to work but i couldnt. good luck!

can someone check if iwi3945 is working on 10.5.5?

maybe it's a fake post (read back some pages)

i'd like to see the system.log if that's true :thumbsup_anim:

good to have admins/moderators following this thread

feel free to delete non-development posts

ckybam69,

i'll check if i can make intel cards work on my amd

i must find a way to make this cards work...

Hi

If it could be useful.

I installed the iwi3945.kext. It is recognized as ethernet. With network selector I can scan the networks but i cannot connect to anyone of them.

Laptop Toshiba Satellite A100-833 15" with Intel 945PM Express chipset, Core Duo T5200 & 120 GB ATA HD Ideneb 10.5.5 GUID chameleon EFI: Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0

working: shutdown, restart, Graphics Adapter intel GMA 950 | FireWire 400, USB, DVD DL RW & TouchPad, USB 2.0 mass storage with orByte's Generic USB2.0 (EHCI) Driver | LAN Intel PRO/100 VE ,

not working: PCMCIA TIxx12 and intel 3945abg WiFi, laptop doesn't go to sleep or hibernate.

can someone check if iwi3945 is working on 10.5.5?

maybe it's a fake post (read back some pages)

i'd like to see the system.log if that's true :thumbsup_anim:

good to have admins/moderators following this thread

feel free to delete non-development posts

ckybam69,

i'll check if i can make intel cards work on my amd

i must find a way to make this cards work...

On my Dell 1720 it never gets detected by OSX, however, I am able to scan for networks with the terminal app that comes with the drivers. I can also turn the card on, but never off once it's on, and I cannot connect to any networks-unsecured or not. I never get an error, or a reason why it wont connect, just never does. Or maybe it is, but it's not tied into OSX... In anycase I am running on iAtkos 5i with a vanilla kernal. Tried on both 10.5.5 and 10.6.5. On the later there was a major crash that may or may not have been related to the driver install. At the time I was still working on getting various things working, however, the boot errors repeated something about the 3945 card in an infinate loop. I have not tried them since.

Hi

If it could be useful.

I installed the iwi3945.kext. It is recognized as ethernet. With network selector I can scan the networks but i cannot connect to anyone of them.

Same thing happens with mine. It's recognized as an ethernet card (cable unplugged).

Now that ive read about 50 or so pages and done a few hours of searching.. before asking...now that these intel devices are supported under linux distros like ubuntu for example and port them over to osx... I understand that osx is unix based and ive read that there is now kernel support in linux for these devices. could we not create a seperate wrapper such as NdisWrapper for Linux or Project Evil for FreeBSD. I do also understand that there must be some rewriting since OSX uses IOKit but googling around i see that porting is not the hardest thing around. and since its been WAY over a year writing a NEW driver wouldent attacking an enemy from more than one side make a battle easir? that being said could we not have instead of a driver, a program that could reach out to the hardware to use the device such as audieee? is having a kext the only way were going to access the hardware?

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/P...tingDrivers.pdf

and since there was some talk a while back on the same subject here i thought maybe we could recreate the porting proect again instead of working on creating a NEW driver or Kext??

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i....php/t1022.html

just my 2 cents feel free to delete this should it be off topic.

I've used ndiswrapper before, and while I don't know much of anything about osx development I think this approach would have been ideal in the beginning. Now, however, things are so far along I don't know if it would be worth it for all of those who have waited a year or more to get this far. Then again, it might be easier then I think. The foundation already exists, and I personally think that it's a great idea as more and more unsopperted hardware begins to appear on the market. Would certainly be easier then writing new drivers for every new card that comes out, because it's only a matter of time until the next unsopported card becomes an option when getting a new box built.

Now that ive read about 50 or so pages and done a few hours of searching.. before asking...now that these intel devices are supported under linux distros like ubuntu for example and port them over to osx... I understand that osx is unix based and ive read that there is now kernel support in linux for these devices. could we not create a seperate wrapper such as NdisWrapper for Linux or Project Evil for FreeBSD. I do also understand that there must be some rewriting since OSX uses IOKit but googling around i see that porting is not the hardest thing around. and since its been WAY over a year writing a NEW driver wouldent attacking an enemy from more than one side make a battle easir? that being said could we not have instead of a driver, a program that could reach out to the hardware to use the device such as audieee? is having a kext the only way were going to access the hardware?

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/P...tingDrivers.pdf

and since there was some talk a while back on the same subject here i thought maybe we could recreate the porting proect again instead of working on creating a NEW driver or Kext??

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i....php/t1022.html

just my 2 cents feel free to delete this should it be off topic.

Not offtopic, actually those are some very good points you raised.

Porting anything from Linux is going to be a mess - I guarantee it. FreeBSD or other BSDs are what I recommend.

Now, Project Evil can actually be ported. But it is about 15-20k of C source-code dealing with the hardcore internals of the operating system, including re-implementing a big portion of the Windows kernel. By design it is always going to be a race where we are chasing. Porting it to OS X and IOKit is not going to be as trivial as you think. It'll be a huge project.

I weighed the pros and cons and decided that the easiest and fastest method was to rewrite Intel drivers. Why? Because it's 4k lines of relatively easy to understand code. Project Evil or Ndiswrapper were built to support the vaaast number of wifi adapters for which good opensource drivers didn't exist. These were mostly Broadcom cards. OS X has support for Broadcom and Atheros. Ralink has official OS X drivers. That leaves just Intel cards. So my question was - Are there many wireless chipsets other than Intel which are not supported in OS X? The answer was a no. If you add the Intel range (all of which work in about the same way), then you don't need ndiswrapper at all as we will have covered 90%+ of all laptops and a lot of desktops.

About accessing devices from userspace - no for PCI-adapters you don't have the choice as with printers, USB or scanner devices. It has got to live in the kernel.

And porting vs. rewriting -- IOKit is C++ based and all other unix systems are C based. Just because OS X is Unix doesn't mean drivers are automatically compatible or similar. The Unix-basis is mostly visible to USERSPACE apps, which can make POSIX calls. Not drivers. Each kernel has its own driver API. So porting is not really that simple, though it's not necessarily impossible either. But again when decided whether to rewrite or to port, I asked myself - What benefit will rewriting give us in terms of code manageability? And the answer was clear - if it is rewritten to take FULL advantage of C++ and IOKit architecture rather than squaring a circle, it'll benefit us in the long run when writing other similar drivers. This is also discounted doing anything to improve the massive iwidarwin project - jalavoui is the only person who has the superpower to fathom it ;)

That's my 2¢.