Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

I installed the 4965 drivers for my Toshiba Equium U400, but same problem as others. Wouldnt reboot so I had to remove the kexts and start again.

I'm really desperate to get wireless working. Is there a working USB wireless adapter that I can buy? If so, which one do I go for? I'm pretty ignorant on this so any advice appreciated (and yes I have searched here before asking).

Thanks

log.rtf

Toshiba Satellite A135 s4467

Kalyway 10.5.5

After more than 10 boots I've got a conection but with a strange ip (169.254.10.160), my router's ip range is 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.199, and safari is not opening any page...

I hope the log is usefull.

sorry for my poor english.

I made that suggestion of Javouli obtaining the hardware a couple of posts ago. Thank you for potentially donating the hardware needed by Jalavoui to make quicker developments, hope this is something he can use. By the way, how are some of you testing these latest builds of the driver actually able to get the 3945 to respond? On my laptop there is a green LED that lights up when there is a driver when starting Windows OS. How come my LED still doesn't light up indicating any kind of provision/enabled status when I load up OS X? And when I go to the Ethernet section on my OS X network preferences, theres nothing I can do to get it to assign an IP address/connect to the router etc. and I haven't bothered to initiate my actual LAN device, even though it supposedly works with Mac OSX, I just never plug cables into my laptop. But I will try to get that enabled, and use OSX since I found it to be of no use to me without any Internet connection. Please advise about how to get the wireless to some how half work, because I haven't even got that far yet, thanks.

jalavoui

I have a 3945 card that i'm not using. I can send it to you, if you can use it. Please tell me.

I don't know if you have the hardware to support it, it's just that i want to support your develepment.

Bye

Hi,

I installed 4965 version.Networkselector pops up but no wireless networks shown. NO kernel panics.MY system log is attached if its helpful. I have a expresscard wireless card also attached to computer.SO the mac address you might see will be the expresscard.

system.txt

It's not much help saying it doesn't work. Everyone knows (at least if they were smart enough to read the title) that the drivers are under development. For those that are incapable of understanding this because of language barriers and so on, it means that the drivers are still being made and may not be at a working stage yet.

If you want to help:

run a few tests until you get a log without firmware errors/timeouts

and attach the full system.log

ive installed the iwi2200bg driver, but when i try to get to System Preferences -> Network, it says that system preferences has quit unexpectidally. if i use network selector and change it to IBSS it will find my network, but if i try to connect i get a kernel panic. i did do the airport update though. could that cause the problem?

sorry if this has been asked before, but the thread is pretty long. thanks for help in advance.

EDIT: it also finds my network under the Normal setting. i will attach a log as soon as i get back to my pc

I've just deleted another post about mercurysquad's separate Project Camphor Intel wireless efforts.

Yes, they are two separate things.

Yes, most people know of both of them.

Yes, they are remaining separate.

Unless the developer himself (jalavoui) says otherwise, any and all posts in this specific thread referencing the intel wireless effort by Mercurysquad (Project Camphor) will be deleted.

He has his own site and blog for a reason. Stop posting it in this thread.

Did a fresh reinstall (using iDeneb 1.4 - OsX 10.6) and loaded the dmg and installed. Worked like a charm. It detects my card and it's listed by the network preference thingy. It don't seem to find any networks when scanning though, and I was wondering if it's possible to set up channel, SSID and WEP-Key somewhere w/o having to scan for it. Reading this thread is it possible that it locks onto A only? My wifi AP only works with B/G. I'll upload logs here, having to dual-boot and forget to save stuff before i do ;). Don't see any bad things in there though - only sais scanning....

jalavoui

I am new to Macintosh but I am a developer and have programming skills in C, C++, Java and other

programming languages associated to Linux and Unix. Also I have 10 years of experience using Linux

as my desktop OS, compiling software, kernel, managing libraries, etc. In these days I have much free time (more than 20 hours per week) and I would like to work in the development and testing of the driver if you want, but I need some guides/references on how to begin. I have a Laptop with a 3945 Intel card, Mac OS X 10.5.2. and XCode installed. For me it would be very interesting work on this project.

jalavoui

I am new to Macintosh but I am a developer and have programming skills in C, C++, Java and other

programming languages associated to Linux and Unix. Also I have 10 years of experience using Linux

as my desktop OS, compiling software, kernel, managing libraries, etc. In these days I have much free time (more than 20 hours per week) and I would like to work in the development and testing of the driver if you want, but I need some guides/references on how to begin. I have a Laptop with a 3945 Intel card, Mac OS X 10.5.2. and XCode installed. For me it would be very interesting work on this project.

Please refer http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

hi, tested in a xps m1530 , 10.5.7 new interface ethernet detected , no kernel panic but not work

last relasse from iwidarwin ( 3945abg)

--------------------------------------

sorry for my bad english

saludos y gracias , espero el driver para tener mi xps al 100%

hi, tested in a xps m1530 , 10.5.7 new interface ethernet detected , no kernel panic but not work

last relasse from iwidarwin ( 3945abg)

--------------------------------------

sorry for my bad english

saludos y gracias , espero el driver para tener mi xps al 100%

postea el log completo del sistema, haz algunas pruebas de sistema para que los que desarrollan el driver puedan leerlo y saber que es lo que falta...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'd like to help with this effort, I know how to load the KEXTS, but is there a way to uninstall them too? I've been reinstalling the OS from scratch (reformating HD) 4 times now to ensure there were no overlaping KEXTS and such

Dell Inspirion D610 with the IPC 10.5.6 DVD 2200 KEXT sees the wifi, but doesn't see any of my networks and doesnt connect when I enter manually. When I open Network in Sys Prefs, Sys Prefs crashes. The OS is solid though, no KP.

I'd like to try these latest Google Code drivers to see if it works and trying to understand how to properly uninstall/install them

Thnaks!!