Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have the 3945abg, also I am a skilled developer. Haven't read all thread (+140 pages). But I'll try to finish the driver after holidays, if it doesn't take me too much time (because I'm working full time as software engineer and studing). But challeges as this one to code at low level always have a magic to attract my attention.

Well, have a mery xmas!!

any news here ?

If you have the 3954ABG card read this

I spent some time this weekend going through the driver listed on the first page for the 3945 card it appears to be partially working, but still need a good amount of work. So I'am going to give you the best advice go buy an atheros card anything but the 5008 from what I've read should easily work. Unless you are a software developer with many free hours on you hands which I doubt any software developer has much free time I know I don't. Its not worth the time you can easily pick up an atheros car for around $40us shipped. The driver that exists can be finished by its original creator be cause he understands the conventions used and its structure.

First of all mercurysquad owe you (and us all) nothing. He can write code for whatever the heck he want, I'm also want driver for my 4965 card first but that's not my choose it's has own choose to start coding for whatever he want

If you don't like it go and code your own driver...

First of all mercurysquad owe you (and us all) nothing. He can write code for whatever the heck he want, I'm also want driver for my 4965 card first but that's not my choose it's has own choose to start coding for whatever he want

im in the same position and i agree with you 100 %

Well put, thank you

Hey guys, thanks for the hearty laugh I got this morning reading through the replies. It's ridiculous what sense of entitlement some people have. People even suggested I go out and buy a 3945 card to code drivers for you.. when you won't buy an apple-supported card for your own use. Heh.

Anyway, let the whininess competition continue! Lurkers rate each post 'whiny' or 'not whiny'. Good way to pass time while we're waiting.

Cheers.

Hey guys, thanks for the hearty laugh I got this morning reading through the replies. It's ridiculous what sense of entitlement some people have. People even suggested I go out and buy a 3945 card to code drivers for you.. when you won't buy an apple-supported card for your own use. Heh.

Anyway, let the whininess competition continue! Lurkers rate each post 'whiny' or 'not whiny'. Good way to pass time while we're waiting.

Cheers.

Well I am glad that you had good humor about what people said. :)

I just want to mention to anyone who didnt read my post about 3 pages back...

on my 1st, VERY FIRST, OS86x install on my Dell XPSm1210 (Dual Boot with XP)... my WIFI 3945 WORKED! It was my first test and the display and other things were NOT working right so i thought id try a few other versions (kalyway, iAtkos, JAs) blah blah...

ONE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED Was my first install.... Ill have to dig up the discs to check which versions. I dont recall changing any of the default settings but perhaps that was what i did to create the miracle.

When it worked It appeared like a functioning AIRPORT card, I could select my wifi network and enter security info aka FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

After, when I tried other installs, never got it to work again. It just leads me to believe that ITS POSSIBLE with the RIGHT Combination of drivers...

anyway...ive tried all my discs again..but cant recreate that day...so i just wait too. doh.

I did read it. And that's very interesting, not more. It is a strange situation that you only and no other (so far) have experienced, so we can't start a "ghost chase" for the "misterious lost combination". When you come with something more tangible then the experts can try to study why does it work; until then it is like I say that I saw a flying pig and request others to start chasing it...

Guest undefined

Are you sure you could connect to networks? Because It's not a big deal that the card is visible and detected as Airport, but you can't really do anything about it.

picture1wk3.th.png

Think Mark - has no option but to wait. Then spend hours compiling the Kext until people donate enough to Merucurysqquad...

Or just install xcode, open the project file in the source, hit Command-B, load the kext...

Plus why would mercurysquad not give out a compiled version of the kext? I mean, I could compile the source and post the compiled kext for people. So either he gives out the kext and doesn't give out the source until he gets enough donations (which is what I believe the plan is) or he gives out the source and makes everyone compile it (which is pointless for the reason I just mentioned).

Its DEF. a Intel PRO wireless 3945ABG card. Just checked device manager in XP to be sure.

Sorry guys, I just realized I was refreshing the page to update my view of this post and it was resubmitting my last post!

As far as the comments doubting I had it working, I would give you more details but this is a side project for fun and not priority one. When I get a moment I will try and submit a full detail of what I did to get it working.

I can tell you right now it WAS a 3945abg, I used a Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, I had both XP and OSX partitions, Dell XPSm1210, I could connect to Secured wireless networks using keys, I could browse available wireless networks, use the internet like an MADE FOR OSX wireless card.

I didnt have sound working (I hadnt done my research on what updated drivers to install, I was testing what OSX86 Natively got me the most compatibility)... and I was doing all of this without reading sites and forums. Basically it was a blind test. If I had read about the card not working, and the Kext updates for sound and graphics, I would have just left that original installation and fixed the other elements.

IT did work BUT perhaps trying to nail down how exactly it worked that time may be "a flying pig". It doesnt hurt to let people know that it did work on my machine on the 1st try.

K

PS: Kudos to whoever gets it working, and thanks for spending your valuable time creating solutions for those who dont have the time and/or skills.

Or just install xcode, open the project file in the source, hit Command-B, load the kext...

Plus why would mercurysquad not give out a compiled version of the kext? I mean, I could compile the source and post the compiled kext for people. So either he gives out the kext and doesn't give out the source until he gets enough donations (which is what I believe the plan is) or he gives out the source and makes everyone compile it (which is pointless for the reason I just mentioned).

Exactly, there would be no point in only releasing the source code of the kext to try and solicit money; it's too easy to compile it, and I mean it's EXTREMELY easy, you need no knowledge of programming whatsoever. Trust me, if you end up needing to compile it, it's not a big deal. I compile code everyday; it takes little to no time.

Im not here to convince you or anyone anything. I thought if someone else had a similar experience or some insight it would expose a potential solution... Ive tried installing Kalyway once again but Im not sure what kexts I selected during that 1st install, like i said I just basically clicked through to see what would happen.

Anyhoo.... when I get a chance ill try reinstalling KALYWAY 10.5.2 again with a few different options. One thing I remember is that without explanation during some of my OSX86 installs, it takes HOURS AND HOURS...other times it only takes 30-40 mins. Really strange and also why im hesitant to install Kalyway 10 times trying to recreate something...

K

DAMN RIGHT Mercury squad shouldn't have to buy the card. I actually have a huge problem with that fact, for some reason it makes me angry. Mercurysquad should literally buy NOTHING. We should be happy as hell to supply him with the card. And if you're not, then you should not be on this page. If you think you have a sense of entitlement that you should simply receive the driver after he has put in so much work, while you have simply waited, and think that they should buy everything themselves and don't deserve a thank you, then GTFO. You don't respect devlopers, you don't respect this thread, and you dont respect anyone who has every tried to code something.

Also, SO WHAT if he starts with whatever card he wants to. Screw it, I say. I say MercurySquad should just start with the most obscure card out there just to show that its their

******* show and they can do as they damn well please. He said he would get to the 3945, so just wait! If you think that your card is more important shut up, because its really not. Even if more people have it that doesn't make it more important. It just means more people want it. And then more people like some certain people in the last couple pages start ******** about the fact that they should get their driver first, and then they just look like jack*****.

And I completely agree with MercurySquad. There should be no donations untill the card is finished. You have no idea if the money is going to the devlopment, or whether or not its actually going to anything related to the code.

MercurySquad is the BEST thing to EVER happen to this squad, and if you cant appreciate that then you dont deserve to use any driver written by him.

P.S. I swear to god. The next person who posts "Is anyone working on XXXX card?" I'm going to track down and punch in the face. They obviously have not read the thread, and don't deserve to post. You could even read the first posts and see that the card isnt working!

Cheers.

You have a PM ;)

I just installed a 1505 BGN card, so my 3495 pcie is up for grabs.

vjkevlar

I'm not the kind of guy that uses believe... I use reason!

So make several cups of coffe and start to work on what you claim!! This way you would shut up those who critesize you and help lots of others who are having that problem with Inter Wireless....

Go by attempts... you will find the correct combination of kests that make this wireless work....

One thing i now is that even on Windows this wireless cards need a Broadcom codec... so the solution must be on the right combination between Broadcom and Intel codecs... or kexts...

Less talk and more work :thumbsdown_anim:

I'll be waiting for news from you soon :(

Se7eN

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not true at all. The Intel wireless cards use a completely different driver set than the Broadcom cards.

well... you are not sharp enough...

In Windows Vista I have installed "Broadcom 802.11 Wireless". And i've tested that if i uninstall that my wireless card stops working... No matter what Intel drivers i install... latest or the provided by HP...

I have a HP Pavilion dv6179ea...

Check this link HP Pavilion dv6179ea in HP Website and tell me why is there a "Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista"....

Who's bubble bursted now?

Se7eN

well... you are not sharp enough...

In Windows Vista I have installed "Broadcom 802.11 Wireless". And i've tested that if i uninstall that my wireless card stops working... No matter what Intel drivers i install... latest or the provided by HP...

I have a HP Pavilion dv6179ea...

Check this link HP Pavilion dv6179ea in HP Website and tell me why is there a "Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista"....

Who's bubble bursted now?

Se7eN

Then you obviously have a Broadcom card...

just check that link, and you will see just below the Broadcom link the Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers for Vista

now tell me: DO I HAVE 2 WIRELESS CARD ON MY LAPTOP?

Of course not!

Obviously the Intel Wireless cards have components provided by Broadcom, that's why the need some codecs...

This is my last response to this question... You should believe in whatever you want...

Se7eN

just check that link, and you will see just below the Broadcom link the Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers for Vista

now tell me: DO I HAVE 2 WIRELESS CARD ON MY LAPTOP?

Of course not!

Obviously the Intel Wireless cards have components provided by Broadcom, that's why the need some codecs...

This is my last response to this question... You should believe in whatever you want...

Se7eN

Whatever, I am just telling you that there is no combination of kexts that will make this card work. And if the Broadcom drivers make your card work, then you have a Broadcom card. Believe what you want, I don't care, but Broadcom doesn't supply chipsets for Intel's wifi cards.