Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

actually, correct me if i'm wrong, but are you saying you need both of the drivers installed? Because if that's what you're saying that, then you should know that there's more than one wireless card option so they give you both drivers in case you have the broadcom card or if you have the intel card. I'm not sure if that's what you're saying, but that's the reason why there are two wireless card options.

Hi, back from winter break. Im not gunna read through like 162 pages so i remember aguy said he would work on the 3945abg adaptor after the holidays, has he started yet?

-shahir29

no, or we dont have news about him. but theres 2 other guy the work on it , Release date : february 2010

I just replaced my intel 3945abg with an Atheros one, which dev would like to use the hardware for driver development?

It is a mini-PCIe form factor with two connectors for antenna.

It looks like my laptop only supports MiniPCI :angel:

Although this page on Intel's site about my motherboard (Intel 915GM) seems to imply that it has a minipci-express slot, the BIOS only says "MiniPCI". It has a 2200BG card in it which is also MiniPCI.

It's a Dell Latitude D510. Pentium M 1.73 GHz (this was an upgrade), 533 MHz RAM [not 400 as stated on some spec pages] and Intel 915 motherboard (ICH6-M).

If anyone with a similar laptop has any concrete info on whether I can plug in a 3945 in this thing, it'll be much appreciated.

It looks like my laptop only supports MiniPCI :(

Although this page on Intel's site about my motherboard (Intel 915GM) seems to imply that it has a minipci-express slot, the BIOS only says "MiniPCI". It has a 2200BG card in it which is also MiniPCI.

It's a Dell Latitude D510. Pentium M 1.73 GHz (this was an upgrade), 533 MHz RAM [not 400 as stated on some spec pages] and Intel 915 motherboard (ICH6-M).

If anyone with a similar laptop has any concrete info on whether I can plug in a 3945 in this thing, it'll be much appreciated.

Well, we're screwed. -_-

I think you guys should buy Dell 1390 b/g WLAN Mini-PCI Express Card. it only costs $15 and works out of the box.

I know, but some laptops require extensive disassembly to get to the wireless card, like mine. Therefore, making it not a possible alternative. (Although I am really considering it, I already have 2 Broadcom cards ready for a transplant -_- )

Lol you HAVE TO get out and buy a laptop with 3945! That's my request!

Just kidding. Of course it's not now but in the future, can you work via VNC? My LAN works well :) Jalavoui said that he didn't want remote desktop.

It looks like my laptop only supports MiniPCI :D

That sucks, sorry about that :D

Well if 2200 works out I can still try coding for 3495 and have some testers test it out. Will be difficult but not impossible. That's how Voodoo kernel was coded.

mercurysquad if/when you get the 2200 done I believe I can do the changes for the 4965 and if I can get ahold of a 3495 that one as well. I'm under the impression the all three cards are similar in how the drivers access the hardware.

mercurysquad: Is there any place where you can follow the development? a blog or something? or is this thread the only place to find updates abaout the development?

Right now I'm only posting updates on this thread.

Progress: not much as I got busy with family stuff, only clocked ~7 hours in the past few days. New since last update: command ring setup is finished and some minor additions. Next up: rx/tx rings. I guess you can say about 25% of the work is done so far, but this is also the slowest 25%.

Is there a lot of interest in following the progress? If yes, I'll setup a quick blog.

NOTE: There IS a blog now but this forum's mods don't think the link is fit to be posted here. I'm not going to bother asking for reasons or anything so just find the blog yourself from my profile page. Bye.

Here's a changelog:

2009-01-05 Added command ring allocation and release.
2009-01-05 A little bit of refactoring before starting cmd/rx/tx ring allocation code.
2009-01-03 Make interface attachment not declare the interface as ready in ::start(), and make ::stop() detach the interface asynchronously.
2009-01-03 Reordered interrupt setup to be at a later stage
2009-01-03 enable() now resets the adapter and prints whether it was successful or not
2009-01-03 Added adapter reset functions
2009-01-03 Fix compiler errors with interrupt setup.
2009-01-03 Added interrupt setup/teardown
2009-01-03 Updated hardware register struct to be fully 4096 bytes
2009-01-03 Removed the xcodeproj files. Changed enable to not register the service (superclass should do it already?)
2009-01-03 Added power state request and some PCI config stuff in enable()
2009-01-03 A little bit of code cleanup before we begin the real deal. Moved adapter enable/disable code out of start/stop.
2009-01-03 OK this one unloads well!
2009-01-03 Attached interface also now. Got to test unload capability.
2009-01-03 Creation of workloop.
2009-01-03 Slight cleanup in start/stop. Removed init/free.
2009-01-03 Fix compiler warnings and cast.
2009-01-03 Map the HW memory space to out register structure.
2009-01-03 Added hardware register structure.
2009-01-02 Added a bunch of private variables
2009-01-02 Temporarily disabled netif attach so we can load/unload the kext.
2009-01-02 Added basic PCI device memory mapping to ::start
2009-01-02 Still can't unload, but interface attachment works. Lets start with hardware already.
2009-01-02 Got the prototype off the ground. Fake interface. After adding some power management stuff, maybe a bit of refactoring and making sure the interface comes up and can be loaded/unloaded, the real hardware work can begin.
2009-01-02 Added debug macros.
2009-01-02 Source code minor formatting, added class diagram
2009-01-02 Added some code to header file
2009-01-02 Added firmware images as C header files, along with licensing info.
2009-01-02 Added firmware images
2009-01-02 Added Creative Commons license header to source files.
2009-01-01 Initial commit. Project created and Info.plist made. No code.

got a laptop to work on the drivers:

it's a hp dv6700

thanks everyone for wainting

it comes with a broadcom card

i have test it with a 3945 and 4965 card

4965 gives 104 error - no boot

3945 boots into vista but doesn't get recognized

i remember some of you having this problem with older iwi3945 driver versions

i think this is caused by the onboard bluetooth module

in teory intel wireless drivers are expected to have integradet bluetooth

i haven't install mac os x (nvidia ata problem to fix first)

some of you have patched the bios

maybe someone can help me on this - anyone?

this hp as a amd turion 64 x2

i'll try do find why the card isn't recognized (in linux, winxp, mac os)

mercurysquad,

you're doing a great job

hope others follow this example

we'll talk about the code when you finish :)

i remember some of you having this problem with older iwi3945 driver versions

i think this is caused by the onboard bluetooth module

in teory intel wireless drivers are expected to have integradet bluetooth

I think it's not because of integrated bluetooth (you sure it has that?), but because bluetooth and WiFi both operate in the 2.4 GHz range causing interference sometimes. In general it shouldn't be a problem as long as the driver enables "bluetooth co-existence" in the firmware. This is what I understood from looking at the BSD drivers..