Microsoft Office has a bug, Blames Apple

Numberzz

43 posts in this topic

NO

we are in a OSX86 forum, not in the intelligent-erism forum.

we are fans of Mac OS and PCs, and some of Macs.

I seriously hope you were joking, seeing as how you are moderator of this message board...

OSx86 is not about "fandom" but about pushing the boundaries.

none.

Just the same point you was trying to make, what's the moderator thing has to do with it.

Moderators doesn't have the right to do jokes or moderators shouldn't have opinions?

I seriously hope you were joking, seeing as how you are moderator of this message board...

OSx86 is not about "fandom" but about pushing the boundaries.

Seriously, do not bother Hara Taiki, one of the things I've learnt about this forums is to not rely on it's moderators to do what moderators tend to do on other forums.

Moderator's shouldn't act like retards and say {censored} like:

How is someone supposed to tell that's a "joke"?

1. I wouldn't say bad things about staff. Do you want to be banned?

2. Everyone can tell emotions from text, I guess you never learned.

(If you couldn't tell that was a joke...then...something)

Also Microsoft Word have a serious bug, when you save it in word 97-2003 compatibility mode and you try it to open in microsoft word in windows it does not want to open, the file looks corrupted. Even iWork 08 can't open it.

I have not this problem. I can open the .doc files, created with Word 2008 saved in 97-2003 compatibility with Pages, Nexus, Indesign (place), Winword.

im sorry but microsoft do suck and there blaming apple and the only reason why office is used is because everyone uses it anyway. Microsoft couldnt organise thereself apple are so much better but hey the world can be a cruel place at times :P Apple ftw :wacko:

im sorry but microsoft do suck and there blaming apple and the only reason why office is used is because everyone uses it anyway. Microsoft couldnt organise thereself apple are so much better but hey the world can be a cruel place at times :unsure: Apple ftw :D
Some problems with your post:

a) Microsoft doesn't suck.

B) Has it definitively been proved Microsoft was indeed using Apple as some form of scapegoat?

c) Yup, Bill Gates waved a magical wand and suddenly everyone was using Office. Also, it's not like Office 2007/2008 have been extremely well reviewed and people seem to love the Ribbon.

d) You randomly say Microsoft can't organise themself.. okay?

e) Apple is so much better, based upon what, your opinion?

f) Cruel? It sure can be, it looks you dropped out of high school. If you like, I could offer you a job to empty my bins and you could work your way up to the head person in charge of waste at my household, a lifetime achievement, but you can do it, I believe in you!

Think before you post.™

Sounds like a case of an MS programmer with VB background using 1-based array indexers instead of zero based, thus doing something like (in pseudo-code):

SetUserPermissions(SecurityContext.Users[1]);

Whereas they should have used something like:

SetUserPermissions(SecurityContext.CurrentUser);

It may just be that they got the offset wrong, so logging in as the 2nd user would set permissions on the 3rd user's folders, etc.

Seriously, do not bother Hara Taiki, one of the things I've learnt about this forums is to not rely on it's moderators to do what moderators tend to do on other forums.

No, but you can rely on them to remove my flame war image ;)

Sorry, but you guys are just asking me to lock this topic.

If any of you have problems with the way the staff handle things around here, you can talk it over a PM with me, rather than discussing how we differ from 'regular' staff on other forums.

- Sabr.