(mostly) successful Leopard install on ECS 945GCT-M/1333

ducman

341 posts in this topic

I second the boot up with no video. Many times I will boot up and find that the monitor did not catch a signal. I have my bios set to initiate the pci-e slot first and am running a nvidia 6200LE with nvject drivers install from Loe4all disc. I then have to hit the reset button for the boot process to start again and usually most always the monitor will catch and everything boots normally.

Is there any chance the problem you're all seeing is really the bad sleep situation. My configuration acts similarly if I've got the first slider control in the Energy Saver Preference Pane set to any time period other than Never and/or I have the "Put hard disk(s) to sleep when possible" checked off.

For me, the "sleep" that the computer goes into can only be awakened by a "double" start. Maybe you're just seeing this poor sleep situation?

Is there any chance the problem you're all seeing is really the bad sleep situation. My configuration acts similarly if I've got the first slider control in the Energy Saver Preference Pane set to any time period other than Never and/or I have the "Put hard disk(s) to sleep when possible" checked off.

For me, the "sleep" that the computer goes into can only be awakened by a "double" start. Maybe you're just seeing this poor sleep situation?

I also have my energy slides on Never and also have "put hard disk to sleep when possible" checked off but still have the same problems. Do you guys think its our motherboard or maybe the bios version?

Which bios version do you guys have that are having these problems?

I have a v3.0 motherboard with bios date : 7/11/07

i got the same version, but i will have to check the bios date, i have to reset mine too after it has been shutdown for awhile. i got the sound to work from the earlier post instructions, i am typing this from my hackintosh too. any idea on a good wireless adapter?

The wireless i am currently using works pretty well, the ASUS. It is detected as an Airport card and works OOB. Since we've got our sound going through the mic port, does anybody know how to set vista to out put sound through there? Is there a setting in Vista some where that lets you change this?

Hi.

I have the same motherboard (945GCT-M/1333 v3.0).

I installed kalyway leopard, and all works perfect.

The only thing is that i need to write cpus=1 before leopard starts, if not, computer restarts. I have to did it when i installed leopard, if i didnt write cpus=1, the leopard dvd doenst start, and restart endessly.

This is my hardware:

945GCT-M/1333 v3.0 (BIOS v.02.58 02/18/2008)

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4 GHz

2 GB DDR2 RAM

SATA HARD DRIVE

ATA/IDE DVD-R

XFX GEFORCE 7200GS 256MB.

Could be a problem my ATA/IDE DVD-R?

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS: sorry for my bad english.

Hi.

I have the same motherboard (945GCT-M/1333 v3.0).

I installed kalyway leopard, and all works perfect.

The only thing is that i need to write cpus=1 before leopard starts, if not, computer restarts. I have to did it when i installed leopard, if i didnt write cpus=1, the leopard dvd doenst start, and restart endessly.

This is my hardware:

945GCT-M/1333 v3.0 (BIOS v.02.58 02/18/2008)

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4 GHz

2 GB DDR2 RAM

SATA HARD DRIVE

ATA/IDE DVD-R

XFX GEFORCE 7200GS 256MB.

Could be a problem my ATA/IDE DVD-R?

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS: sorry for my bad english.

It's interesting that your using the 08/02/18 BIOS. I've seen others say it didn't work at all. I have the 07/11/07 BIOS and it acted the same, (repeated restarting) until I set the Execute Disable Bit ENABLED in BIOS. Looks like the different date code BIOS have the same version number of 2.58.

It's interesting that your using the 08/02/18 BIOS. I've seen others say it didn't work at all. I have the 07/11/07 BIOS and it acted the same, (repeated restarting) until I set the Execute Disable Bit ENABLED in BIOS. Looks like the different date code BIOS have the same version number of 2.58.

Hi. I have Execute Disable Bit ENABLED already, but leopard restart (in the install and after the install) if i not type cups=1. Could I try downgrading my BIOS version? How should do this?

Thank you.

I have the same ECS 945GCT-M 1333 v.3 board with 2x 1GB Crucial DDR2 PC6400 CL6 800Mhz, installed 10.5.2 Kalway no options selected. Everything works excepts sound, will try the HDA fix mentioned here.

Does not wake from SLEEP sent it a Wake-on-Lan from another machine that woke up the screen but no ssh to it and the mouse was unresponsive. Thanks for any suggestions!

germsteel

I have ECS 945GCT-M 1333 also I installed 10.5.2 using leo4all v3 selected vanilla 9.2 kernel and am running Nvidia GeForce 7300LE with Nvject v41. ...

machine will sleep but keyboard or mouse does not wake it. Pressing the power button seems to wake it but video never comes back on. Also I've noticed that sometimes when I boot the video/monitor doesn't get initialized and I have to hit the reset button which usually gets the video to come back. I've also notice that if I boot and go to shutdown it will shutdown correctly but if I boot and work in a few programs and then go to shutdown it hangs and I have to manually powerdown by holding the power button down. Anyone experiencing similar problems or know of a fix for sleep/wake.

I second the boot up with no video. Many times I will boot up and find that the monitor did not catch a signal. I have my bios set to initiate the pci-e slot first and am running a nvidia 6200LE with nvject drivers install from Loe4all disc. I then have to hit the reset button for the boot process to start again and usually most always the monitor will catch and everything boots normally.

I have this problem as well... Did anyone find a solution?

I bought the deal from frys ECS 945 GCT-M/1333 with a 6750

Everything works fine on the Mobo with 10.5.2 with the exception odf sound I am using SoundBlaster USB to get sound teh graphix are stick at 1024 x 768

so I threw in a NV 7600 GS and disablled the VGA in the BIOS....

Now only issue is I screwed up the sleep some how why I trying to patch the sound but hey who cares...

i have the 945gct-m/133 mb, i have maxtor sata drive, and 2 gig ram. i have built in intel 82945g video. i already have xp on it, 2 partiions, second pertion is for mac, it is currently fat32 format. im using Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd dvd for installation

i get to the the installtion, it copies all the files and everyting and then i get install failed, installer could nto valiate the content of basesystem pakage, try again.

burn 2 dvd from the same iso at low speed but same error

fixed by redownloading, it was not downloaded properly, i guess i was missing few bits

I just got back from Fry's with the mobo that this thread discusses about 2 hours ago.

It took me 45 minutes to build the box, and another 30 to install iAtkos V2.0

Maybe I am the lucky one, EVERYTHING seems to work perfectly.

Maybe, I had the added advantage of reading all of the posts in this thread.

****** I forgot to put in the most important thing***********

Someone MUST have screwed up at frys, because I got this board dor $19.90

I have a good success installing iATKOS v2 on the same mb with intel E4500 (from frys too).

The component I put on the system is some old NEC DVD burner and 150 GB Maxtor on ide (1 partition, but I may reimage it and put 2 partitions for another o/s in the future).

Everything works except Audio needs patch (AppleHDA kext, found from searching this board) and the output is from the audio out plug, not from the mic plug as reported before.

I also put EVGA 7300 GS video, and it needs natit kext to work.

My linksys WMP54g (later version) wireless does not work. I may use powerline ethernet adapter if I can't find a working wireless pci.

In summary, it's quite painless to install, patching non working components just need a lot 'googling'

Hope this helps.

all i did was default settings and it worked, i have the latest version if you have problems with bios you can upgrade from their website but it should work for you even if you have bios from o7 i think mine or from o7, what exactly is your problem,

has anybody been able to update to 10.5.3 kaleyway, i did but getting errors it won't boot, do i have to reinstall 10.5.2 or anyway i can can get back running without doing the install, i followed all directions but maybe it does not work for everybody? if using this mb you were able do upgrade could you post your steps please.

i'm no longer using the kalyway install method or crappy onboard video.

I did the retail install from another OSX running instance followed by the 10.5.3 update. ran the v2 post-patch.sh script from LTL's retail how-to and booted fine in to 10.5.3. Only new thing I had to do was remove NVinject.kext(sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extentsion/NVinject.kext) and installed the NVkush(http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/).

the problem I have now is I picked up a PCI VIA based firewire card and it detects and installs but when I plug in my ipod or HV30 camcorder I get nothing. :poster_spam:

Hi.

I just solved my problem with this mobo (I must write cpus=1 in order to run the leopard installation, so the leopard run with only one core). I downgrade to the 2007 version of the BIOS with AFUWIN, and now the installation disc and leopard run without need of writing cpus=1.

So to this mother will be need the 2007 version of the BIOS and the Execute Disable Bit as enable.

In my install i have sse2_system option enabled. This disable the sse3 instructions?

I write this so other people can learn in the future, and avoid the problems we had.

Thank to all who help me and all who share info. Bye and sorry for my bad english.

Hi.

I update to OS X 10.5.3 using the kalyway combo update and the 9.3 kernel update.

I use the 10.5.1 kalyway install disc, and then the 10.5.2 kalyway updtate + kernel update.

1- install comboupdate! don't restart!

2- install kalyway kernel pkg! choose kernel you need for your pc! (if you want keep your old 9.2 kernel so install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel!!!)

(Before restart I repair permissions)

3- reboot and type update -v

That´s all, works fine for me. Only it disable the QE/CI of my 7200GS, but a downloaded the nvinstaller for 10.5.3 and is compatible agian.

Bye.

For all those that are saying that their setup is wroking "perfectly" can you confirm that you have SLEEP functioning correctly being able to WAKE is an important thing as part of that. I have ECS 945gct-M v1 which sleep does work under 10.5.1 and I have the ECS 945GCT-M 1333fsb board which will sleep but will not wake running 10.5.2 Does anyone have the latter board working with sleep. I'm using nvidia cards in both setups