(mostly) successful Leopard install on ECS 945GCT-M/1333

ducman

341 posts in this topic

hey all, ive got the same ecs board and core2duo e2220 combo i picked up from frys. its v3. ive got corsair 4.4.4.12 mem (1gbx2) , a sata 300 hd, and an ata memorex dvd burner. im using onboard graphics .

ive had sucess starting up the kalaway 10.5.1 with efi, its torrent name was : " KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8 "

to extreme frustration, i can install but cannot get it to boot , when i do f8 then -v, i get stuck at "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers. with a non blinking white block right under it. ive reinstalled like 10 times, with mbr and guid, with the efi bootloaders from kalaway and without.....plz help wtf am i doing wrong......

post-87346-1202237178_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem as you and I solved it by removing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOACPIFamily.kext, AppleAPIC.kext from /System/Library/Extensions folder of the hard drive and copying the same files from the Kalway install disk's root folder. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need step-by-step instructions on how to go about doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting, My install was from the same image, unchecked all options except vanilla kernel. After the install then I ran the bootEFI script found in the bootefi.zip file (available elsewhere on the boards here) and had not a problem. Running rev 3 of this board. Mine was without any addons, and using the onboard video. What config are you using when youre installing? any add on cards?

That's interesting, My install was from the same image, unchecked all options except vanilla kernel. After the install then I ran the bootEFI script found in the bootefi.zip file (available elsewhere on the boards here) and had not a problem. Running rev 3 of this board. Mine was without any addons, and using the onboard video. What config are you using when youre installing? any add on cards?

Hey, knyte2 what are your bios settings on yout board?

Hi I got a v1.0a board and its running kalyway 10.5.1 perfect with legend 8600gt@256mb. Only issue i had was my e6320 core2duo being detected as core2 solo.Upgraded to latest bios from ecs website and it killed my osx86- even install dvd keeps rebooting no matter bios settings. Then i downgraded to older bios version also from ecs website and all my probs solved- even detects now as core2duo!!-go figure!

hey all, ive got the same ecs board and core2duo e2220 combo i picked up from frys. its v3. ive got corsair 4.4.4.12 mem (1gbx2) , a sata 300 hd, and an ata memorex dvd burner. im using onboard graphics .ive had sucess starting up the kalaway 10.5.1 with efi, its torrent name was : " KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8 "to extreme frustration, i can install but cannot get it to boot , when i do f8 then -v, i get stuck at "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers. with a non blinking white block right under it. ive reinstalled like 10 times, with mbr and guid, with the efi bootloaders from kalaway and without.....plz help wtf am i doing wrong......post-87346-1202237178_thumb.jpg
Hi I get exactly the same problem with the latest bios from ecs site-my board is v1.0a. I downgraded to an older bios version (also from ecs-google 945gct m2 bios) and all works!!

Anyone try to update to 10.5.2 yet? -_-
Hello .I realize alot of this is older posts.But i would like to say kalay 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 is working great.I am using this same board trouble free .Testing out osx now to see if i am ready to take the plunge on a new mac.After being a mac user for years and not being able to upgrade my g3 blue and white or pismo laptop .I am here to say i like it but it seems more cluttered up then the 10.4 Everything except the audio being backwards the mic input being the audio out. time machine worked great with 10.5.1 and 10.5.2.I have not tried it yet on a wireless just a usb 2.0 laptop drive.I imported all my files and programs from my mac and they run seemlessly ..But i am having trouble with apple nvidia 7300gt pci e apple graphic card with qe/ci.it worked great with 10.5.1 10.5.2 is proving less of a solution.Oh yes the nvidia 7300 gt mac card boots and runs in mac and windows.But the gma 950 with a single resolution is working best on 10.5.2I am using a blue and white studio monitor.120 gbyte ide drive for windows vista. ahh its shrinking with all the updates..120 gig Sata drive for osx ..gma 950 videonvidia 7300 gt 256 mb mac pro card.(no qe/ci) tried a asus ati 2400 pro 256 mg works no qe/ciA ide dvd burner ..And 2 gig memory.2.20 intel core duo.Off the shelf firewire to work with isight cam .This works great so far but i am sure it will be better with a mac ..Saving my pennies and dimes for that now.Good luck Ducman check it in window or linux it maybe a sigmatel 9220 sound card

Has anyone else tried Kalyway's 10.5.2 DVD ? I downloaded and tried to install but it keeps on kernel panicking on during the end user registration/opening video. I tried booting with -x, then -s and ran `/movevideodrivers` but now all that I get is a frozen screen at the same point. suck. :D

Has anyone else tried Kalyway's 10.5.2 DVD ? I downloaded and tried to install but it keeps on kernel panicking on during the end user registration/opening video. I tried booting with -x, then -s and ran `/movevideodrivers` but now all that I get is a frozen screen at the same point. suck. :P

Dude that's how I got it working, and short of the audio, everything is working great (with the integrated graphics board anyway), what I meant about everyones help is the learning process... it did not work with Kaly's 10.5.1 (tho' it did work on my Dell laptop). But actually what I got my board working with is with the new Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel and AMD disk. It worked on the second try. :D

If you want info, do tell me and I'll post all my Bios settings (the 2 changed anyway) and what I chose at the customize installation part.

PS- Did not have to do a separate EFI v8 installation after installing and before rebooting the 1st time... it did it all.

(BTW I'm replying from "it" :D)

Just installed my second hackintosh for my GF, (first was for my housekeepers grandson), worked like a charm, I used Kalyway's 10.5.2 DVD, someone earlier said it didnt work, they need to maybe tweak with the smbios options. I also used leo4all. I like leo4all better though because it set up multiboot automatically.

Dude that's how I got it working, and short of the audio, everything is working great (with the integrated graphics board anyway), what I meant about everyones help is the learning process... it did not work with Kaly's 10.5.1 (tho' it did work on my Dell laptop). But actually what I got my board working with is with the new Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel and AMD disk. It worked on the second try. :(

If you want info, do tell me and I'll post all my Bios settings (the 2 changed anyway) and what I chose at the customize installation part.

PS- Did not have to do a separate EFI v8 installation after installing and before rebooting the 1st time... it did it all.

(BTW I'm replying from "it" :D )

Which kernel and smBIOS did you use from the 10.5.2 kaly disk? I've tried several of the smbios options but always the vanilla kernel. i'm thinking that there could be something in the bios i'm missing but I thought it was just the XD disable option for this board then you are good to go? I did manage to also get the retail install method working which i'm going to try again.

i'm not sure what is causing the kernel panic during the "welcome" video play back. booting -s is the only thing that 'works' with this release.

Which kernel and smBIOS did you use from the 10.5.2 kaly disk? I've tried several of the smbios options but always the vanilla kernel. i'm thinking that there could be something in the bios i'm missing but I thought it was just the XD disable option for this board then you are good to go? I did manage to also get the retail install method working which i'm going to try again.

i'm not sure what is causing the kernel panic during the "welcome" video play back. booting -s is the only thing that 'works' with this release.

I'll detail my selections to help others. This is what I did upon setup:

1- Upon loading Kaly's 10.5.2, choose english as main language, press next and wait till it's done.

2- At the Welcome Screen, Go to Utilities and choose Disk Utility.

3- At Disk Utility, select your hard disk (mine is a 120GB laptop HD) and chooose press the "erase" button.

-Volume Format: MAC OS Extended (Journaled)

-Name: What you see fit... (OSX086, MacFake Pro, etc... :rolleyes:)

-Before pressing erase:

Click Zero Out Data (just to make sure and clean up previous mistakes)

Click OK, Click Erase, Click Erase again

Now Go out for a while and let it finish, or stare unnecessarily at the progress bar for a long time. (:D)

(Side Note: My Partition Map Scheme is GUID)

4- When the erase procedure is done, close the pane, it will send you back to the Welcome Screen

-Press continue

-Press Agree

-Click on the hard disk you want to install to (Green arrow will appear over it)

-Press Continue

5- You are sent to "Install Summary" ... here you press customize

-In my case, here is what I chose:

-Additional Fonts: Cleared, None

-Language Translation: Cleared, None (Everything will be in English)

-Kernels: chose kernel_9.2_sleep (Not really sure if others are more appropriate --- look at my last comment on this post)

-Graphics_Drivers: Went to INtel_GMA, chose the internal GPU GMA950

-Audio_Drivers: None. (waiting for a USB sound thingy to arrive)

-Networks_Drivers:

Networks_Cards: RealtekR1000 (the onboard network adapter works with this one)

-Mobo_Chipsets: Kept All (But I think it only uses AppleGenericPCATA)

-Thirds_Applications: Whatever you like

-SSE2_JAS1048... : Not needed

-Patches: LASTNETKASSMBIOS (Not really sure here eithe about what each does. (Hey I'm a newb!)

6- Press Done

7- Press Install and it should boot

OK, my Bios is set up pretty much to default... only the Execution Bit is disabled. So I guess you sould play with what you like here and see if it affects anything)

Lastly, Im not really sure on my Kernels Selection or my Patches selection... they work for the install, but I'm getting an error when going to the "About This Mac" section. System Profiler Quit Unexpectedly occurs... can anyone help to fix this? It should be listed as a Mac Pro and let me in all the sections. (it did my first time, don't know what I did that busted it up) UPDATE: Fixed it myself by going to the BIOS and setting CPUID to DISABLED. Can access the profiler now :D

So now (after the updated fixes) My installation is working fine... (except for the audio, but the usb stick should come in soon) pretty fast too.

EDITED: February 24 2008

NOTE: The updated information is in green.

From a personal message from one of you, I noticed that the download link in the original post is not working anymore!

So I decided to upload to my rapidshare premium account, this is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/94571044/Audio_Setup_Sigmatel_9220.zip

PD: Don't ask me to upload in another download service, since I won't.

snip

I'm considering purchasing this Mobo. Does this mean that the mic works through the audio out port? Bascially, can I still use a mic in a OS X environment?

I got lucky and had a easy install with the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD.

My specs:

945GCT-M/1333 V3.0 07/11/7 BIOS

2.67 GHz Core 2 Duo E6750

2 GB RAM

PATA 500GB HD

SATA 500GB HD, SATA 160GB HD

PATA DVD-R Drive

XFX 8400 GS PCIe Graphics Card

Firewire PCI card

Airlink Draft N PCI Wireless card

Apple Cube USB Speakers

Set BIOS Execute Disable Bit to ENABLED

Did the usual Disk Utility GUID Partition.

UNSELECTED ALL the Kalyway selections except to get Vanilla Kernel and 512MB NVInject.

That was it. Worked perfectly with some minor exceptions. Sleep doesn't work. Only other thing I had to do was modify the NVCAP setting in NVInject.kext to get DVI output from my graphics card, otherwise it was VGA only.

I have ECS 945GCT-M 1333 also I installed 10.5.2 using leo4all v3 selected vanilla 9.2 kernel and am running Nvidia GeForce 7300LE with Nvject v41. I fixed sound with the previously mentioned technique of replacing AppleHDA.kext with the modded one and sound comes out the Mic port. Everything seems to be working pretty well except for the following. machine will sleep but keyboard or mouse does not wake it. Pressing the power button seems to wake it but video never comes back on. Also I've noticed that sometimes when I boot the video/monitor doesn't get initialized and I have to hit the reset button which usually gets the video to come back. I've also notice that if I boot and go to shutdown it will shutdown correctly but if I boot and work in a few programs and then go to shutdown it hangs and I have to manually powerdown by holding the power button down. Anyone experiencing similar problems or know of a fix for sleep/wake.

I am new to install OSX.. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD v2 on my ECS 945GCT-M 1333 (1.0A) which is using IDT sound chips. Everything is fine except no sound and restricted on 1024*768 resolution

945GCT-M2/1333 (V1.0A) 08/02/18 BIOS

2.0 GHz Core Duo E2160

2 GB RAM

SATA 80GB HD

PATA LITEON DVD RW Drive

onboard GMA950

IDT 92HD202 8Ch-HD audio on board <== can't make it working

Well I have the ECS 945GCT-M/1333 with sound right now and installing Final Cut!!!

Check this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78113

It is in spanish but basicly what you have to do is:

1. Download the files, click on the link in the post and you download a zip file with all you need.

2. Unzip the file in the Hackintosh.

3. Copy the AppleHDAPatcher v1.16 to the desktop.

4. Drop the Codec Dump 9221 D file on it, it is the *.txt file.

5. Restart

6. NOw copy the AppleHDA.kext file in SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENTIONS, backup the original file first.

7. Load th DISK UTILITY and repair permissions on the partition and restart.

8. Ypu should have sound right now, the only funny thingm is that the sound comes out from the MIC connector (RED/PINK one), but you have sound.

I have followed the instruction to patch the sound driver by following this link.

However, I don't know the step 6. ==> Now copy the AppleHDA.kext file in SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENTIONS,

where is the new copy of AppleHDA.kext file?? I can't find it. :poster_spam: Could anyone tell me?

How to solve the resolution problem? Do I need an extra VGA for it?

How to solve the resolution problem? Do I need an extra VGA for it?

you're best off getting a 16x PCI-E nvidia card and use the NVinject module. just google search "nvinject+kext" and you'll find the site and info on which card to buy. I purchased a 6200LE card and it works perfectly now, both VGA and DVI outputs.

you're best off getting a 16x PCI-E nvidia card and use the NVinject module. just google search "nvinject+kext" and you'll find the site and info on which card to buy. I purchased a 6200LE card and it works perfectly now, both VGA and DVI outputs.

Thanks for your suggestion.. I will find one later... ;) , but my system is still no sound :angry:

I used Leo4all version 2 to install Leopard on ECS 945GCT-M/1333. With Vanilla Kernel - post install machine would keep rebooting - If I tried to boot in single user mode - machine would freeze at system prompt.

Selected the default options on next install ( not the vanilla kernel ). I was able to get system booted - display at 1680x1050 ( on stock GMA950 ), audio working thanks to the notes provided earlier in this thread.

I do not have Quartz Extreme enabled, Core Image is not hardware accelerated -

------

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display Connector:

DELL 2005FPW:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

----------

With my previous attempt with Vanilla kernel - on the first boot - I was locked at 1024x768 - but I did have Quartz Extreme enabled -

Can this be fixed ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170199195709

That solved the sound problem for me!

I have solved my sound problem. Finally, I bought a USB sound dongle which works prefectly with Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD v2. In addition, I also bought a nvidia 8400gs which seems no problem as well. However, I found a problem on sleep mode. When my machine goes to sleep for while, it couldn't wake up whatever I did (e.g. press use keyboard, move move or press power switch.. I have to press reset button to boot it again. :) Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I've read through this entire forum, lots of good info, but I am still having problems installing.

I have the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I've tried with the BIOS set completely to default with only the execute bit "ENABELED"

I run through the install with the vanilla kernel, I also tried the JaS DVD as well

I get this every time I try an install and reboot. (see attached image)

anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

Core2Duo e2140

ECS 945GCT-m/1333 V3

1GB Crucial (1 stick)

Hitachi 80GB SATA2 HDD

IDE DVD drive

and I made sure to do the EFI thing with the terminal cmds and GUID part

post-16015-1209931222_thumb.jpg

Your on the right track. Just be patient! It will take like 5 minutes to get it all booted when first installing.

Also if your using leo4allv3

Use disk utility to make 1 partition, guid as mentioned prviously.

I selected the 9.2.2 vanilla kernel, iCHX chipset drivers, gma-950 old.

All worked after the audio update mentioned in another post.

-waraey

I've read through this entire forum, lots of good info, but I am still having problems installing.

I have the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I've tried with the BIOS set completely to default with only the execute bit "ENABELED"

I run through the install with the vanilla kernel, I also tried the JaS DVD as well

I get this every time I try an install and reboot. (see attached image)

anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

Core2Duo e2140

ECS 945GCT-m/1333 V3

1GB Crucial (1 stick)

Hitachi 80GB SATA2 HDD

IDE DVD drive

and I made sure to do the EFI thing with the terminal cmds and GUID part