(mostly) successful Leopard install on ECS 945GCT-M/1333

ducman

341 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried with a Version 3.0 board yet? I have one right now and tried to install with Leo4Allv3 and it installed all the way but did not boot up. I am trying to reinstall again.

Execute bit "Disabled"

CPUID "Disabled"

I know there is some confusion over the execute bit, it is actually supposed to say "enabled" in the BIOS. I have a v3 board and have not been able to boot yet though with the option either way. regardless though this whole post started because duckman bought a version 3 board.

dude im going to get one also we have the same offer here in sacramento ca just checked in the paper, hey please do share your experiences with me like what and where you are going to download and what works for you since we will have same hardware.

So been testing this recent install of Leo4all v3 on ECS 945cgt 1333. I moved my machine onto my network to see if it would play nice with other macs here's what I found so far. My ethernet works sort of... I can get online and surf but other shared macs are not coming up on the network. From the others macs i can see the hack on the network but clicking to log on to it I get a alias not found error? Also I have a HP 4mv on the network and all other macs can see it as it comes up under appletalk the Hack can not see it and it is not listed under appletalk although it can connect to it using the IP method but print outs are weird and have only a 50% greyscale output. I should also note that one of the other macs is also a hack but it is a ecs 945gct ver1 board and it is running 10.4.10 absolutely perfect with even sleep working on that set up.

Edit: I fixed my networking problem by installing the correct network drivers for RTL8101E just search for insanelymac and RTL8101E on google and you'll find the link. Appletalk working correctly also seeing networked macs and HP4MV.

Hi,

What are the options to get audio-in/microphone working on this setup ? I use skype a lot - and am not able to use the microphone with on board audio-in port.

CLARIFICATION

The Thread has said many times how to set up sound *output*. Now for sound *input* you need a usb microphone, 8$ anywhere. For skype, theres a usb headset. DONE!

To verify, sleep does not work, though its a small unfortunance, everything else works great

sleep works, make everything important in bios to enable and make sure to use leo4all v, also need vanilla (which means need core2duo or quad)

I am a newbie to OS X 386; can someone help me out ? TIA.

I bought Intel E2200 & ECS 945GCT combo yesterday evening from a local Fry's. This morning I tried to install Leopard 10.5.2 from the Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD Intel Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 but didn't get luck. After the installation finished, the machine restarted (with the Kalyway DVD still in the DVD drive). I didn't do anything when asked "hit any key for other booting options". A message then showed up "system config file 'com.apple.boot.plist' not found". What should I do now ? I did have my IDE hdd partitioned with GUID; I didn't select any options except "boot with guid" in the customization screen. I used 3DFuzion GeForce 6200 LE pci-e card.

To further Clarify on Sleep. Sleep is working on ECS 945gct-M ver. 1 board I have not got it working on ECS 945GCT-1333 type board. I'm using vanilla kernel on both setups and bios settings are pretty much idnetical although the 1333 interface is a bit different from the ver 1 board. If you have sleep working on a 1333 board please let us all know your set up details.

I am a newbie to OS X 386; can someone help me out ? TIA.

I bought Intel E2200 & ECS 945GCT combo yesterday evening from a local Fry's. This morning I tried to install Leopard 10.5.2 from the Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD Intel Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8 but didn't get luck. After the installation finished, the machine restarted (with the Kalyway DVD still in the DVD drive). I didn't do anything when asked "hit any key for other booting options". A message then showed up "system config file 'com.apple.boot.plist' not found". What should I do now ? I did have my IDE hdd partitioned with GUID; I didn't select any options except "boot with guid" in the customization screen. I used 3DFuzion GeForce 6200 LE pci-e card.

Never mind. I had used 10.5.1 DVD, instead of 10.5.2 DVD. Stupid me. Now with 10.5.2 DVD installation went smoothly and ended suscessfully. Leopard boots beautifully, video & NIC work fine out of the box. However, in "about this MAC", it's showing my Intel E2200 Duo core as "2.2GHz Core 2 Duo" and my 3DFuzion GeForce 6200 128MB LE pci-e card as "NVidia 256MB PCIe". It's weird. Now to make the 'output' sound to work.

However, I found a problem on sleep mode. When my machine goes to sleep for while, it couldn't wake up whatever I did (e.g. press use keyboard, move move or press power switch. I have to press reset button to boot it again. :( Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I had same problem. Was there a fix for this ? (put the machine to sleep after some time and wake it up by any keystroke ?)

Question for those whom installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0: did your Hackintosh read USB flash drive(s) ?

I just finished installing kalyway 10.5.2 and yes, my install does read usb drives. Also, my ethernet worked right away too. Only thing I had to do was patch audio (about to do now) and install Natit.

edit: just did hda patch, sound works perfectly.

In bios Enable Execute Disable Bit. Use Kalyway 10.5.2. Formatted MBR. Done.

EDITED: February 24 2008

NOTE: The updated information is in green.

From a personal message from one of you, I noticed that the download link in the original post is not working anymore!

So I decided to upload to my rapidshare premium account, this is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/94571044/Audio_Setup_Sigmatel_9220.zip

PD: Don't ask me to upload in another download service, since I won't.

Well I have the ECS 945GCT-M/1333 with sound right now and installing Final Cut!!!

Check this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78113 (The download link is not working, but feel to check if there are other files for you).

It is in spanish but basicly what you have to do is:

1. Download the files, click on the link in the post and you download a zip file with all you need.

2. Unzip the file in the Hackintosh.

3. Copy the AppleHDAPatcher v1.16 to the desktop.

4. Drop the Codec Dump 9221 D file on it, it is the *.txt file. (This will take some time, since it also fixes permissions of the partition).

5. Restart

6. Now copy the AppleHDA.kext file in SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENTIONS, backup the original file first.

7. Load the DISK UTILITY and repair permissions on the partition and restart.

8. You should have sound right now, the only funny thing is that the sound comes out from the MIC connector (RED/PINK one), but you have sound.

Man I can't thank you enough for this tip. It worked for me! I noticed there are still people asking how to get audio going for this board, Can we get this thing into the HCL list?

I just finished installing kalyway 10.5.2 and yes, my install does read usb drives. Also, my ethernet worked right away too. Only thing I had to do was patch audio (about to do now) and install Natit.

edit: just did hda patch, sound works perfectly.

Just found out that my Hackintosh 10.5.2 cannot do "hot plugging" USB flash drive. For it to see USB flash drive, I got to plug in the USB drive while my Hackintosh is booting up (or restarting). Another weird thing I've noticed so far is very often my Hackintosh doesn't boot (no outputs on screen) even after my pressing the power button, seeing the LED on & hearing the DVD and hard drive spinning; I then had to press "reset" button for my Hackintosh to actually boot.

The patch (for sound option) mentioned on 1st page of this thread worked for me on my ECS 945GCT-M/1333 v3.0 as well. Though there were several un-solved mysteries with my Hackintosh 10.5.2 I felt I liked mac OS X.

I second the boot up with no video. Many times I will boot up and find that the monitor did not catch a signal. I have my bios set to initiate the pci-e slot first and am running a nvidia 6200LE with nvject drivers install from Loe4all disc. I then have to hit the reset button for the boot process to start again and usually most always the monitor will catch and everything boots normally.

I second the boot up with no video. Many times I will boot up and find that the monitor did not catch a signal. I have my bios set to initiate the pci-e slot first and am running a nvidia 6200LE with nvject drivers install from Loe4all disc. I then have to hit the reset button for the boot process to start again and usually most always the monitor will catch and everything boots normally.

Same thing here.

From what I've read from people's posts in other forums, "no screen outputs" issue apparently also happened in some models of authentic Apple desktops/laptops. Someone there suggested to check the DIMM(s) to make sure they're inserted in the slots firmly, or replace the DIMM(s) if bad. I've tried both suggestions; neither helped.