CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

Hello Chunan,

I have installed your latest IOPCMCIAfamly kexts into my 10.5.6 partition, I deleted the original Leopard PCI and Pccard kexts from extensions so that your modified kexts are the only ones loaded.

After much testing My PC card is seen and works great if the card is loaded in the card reader when the computer is booted up, But, if the card is inserted after boot up it causes a hang when trying to access the card files and when trying to eject the cards desktop icon.

Is there anything I can do myself to work on the insert/eject side of the kexts in xcode.

thankyou so much for your efforts to get this working.

Just the insert/eject is now the only issue to rectify, can I open a driver file and re load it in xcode to try for my self, is that possible or is there a xcode code that I can work on somewhere.

oline

Hi.

I got a device with id 1217:7135. I first tried the Leopard.kext with Jas 10.5.4 installation but it wouldn't work and would break my installation. Then I installed XxX 10.5.6 and with 10.5.6 kext I get the output in the image (sorry for the bad quality, all I had was my HTC phone) and then it freezes there. A couple of lines up, not seen in the image, are messages about using the newer versions of IOPCIFamily.kext and IOPCCardFamily.kext (I left the originals in the Extensions folder).

Now I am also trying AnV's kext, and after adjusting memory ranges it also gives me an error Intel PCIC probe not found.

Any ideas?

post-65665-1236065698_thumb.jpg

where is this IOPCCardFamily located? I have this Cisco Aironet AIR-CB21AB-A-K9 and will be using it on my T60

Hy there.... Today i install osx 10.5.6 retail in my eee 901GO i have a atheros... can anyone point me the ktext way so i can have me wifi working?

Thank you very much

@ziggie216 & @Panda_N_Shark,

I want to make it clear that kexts from this thread (IOPCMCIAFamily.kext - IOPCIFamily.kext & IOPCCardFamily.kext) are not a driver for your wireless card. It actually a driver for CardBus/PCMCIA controller. However, IOPCIFamily.kext available from this thread actually try to fix the devices/bridges misconfigured by BIOS. This result the devices (network interface, wireless card & etc) will be properly recognized. For example, if you have working wireless card that was pull out from macbook to put it in your hackintosh laptop but you found out that you can't get it to work, you may need IOPCIFamily.kext from this thread to fix the problem.

Actually to get your device working, the device itself must be supported by OS X, meaning it require a driver for that particular device. As for above example, the driver already already exist in OS X (IO80211Family.kext - AirPortAtheros.kext for atheros wireless card & AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext for broadcom wireless card). It just not working because it was misconfigured by BIOS & IOPCIFamily.kext fixed that.

You may already know this.....but I just want to make it clear one more time about the core idea of this project. :)

Ok....now....the kext that you are looking for is available at the first page of this thread. The link will re-direct you to externel file hosting server. The files that you're looking for are:-

1) "IOPCMCIAFamily.Leopard.zip" for leopard (for leopard version lower than 10.5.6)

or

2) "IOPCMCIAFamily.Tiger.zip" for tiger

or

3) "IOPCMCIAFamily.kext.zip" for leopard 10.5.6 only (inside "10.5.6.only" folder)

Just unzip & install it in "/System/Library/Extensions/" folder. IOPCIFamily.kext & IOPCCardFamily.kext are located in "PlugIns" folder. You don't need to remove anything. Don't forget to repair permissions before reboot.

bash-3.2# ls -al IOPCMCIAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 Feb  4 08:35 .
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 Feb  4 08:35 ..
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 Feb  4 08:35 IOPCCardFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 Feb  4 08:35 IOPCIFamily.kext
bash-3.2#

Good luck. ;)

kizwan

@ziggie216 & @Panda_N_Shark,

I want to make it clear that kexts from this thread (IOPCMCIAFamily.kext - IOPCIFamily.kext & IOPCCardFamily.kext) are not a driver for your wireless card. It actually a driver for CardBus/PCMCIA controller. However, IOPCIFamily.kext available from this thread actually try to fix the devices/bridges misconfigured by BIOS. This result the devices (network interface, wireless card & etc) will be properly recognized. For example, if you have working wireless card that was pull out from macbook to put it in your hackintosh laptop but you found out that you can't get it to work, you may need IOPCIFamily.kext from this thread to fix the problem.

Actually to get your device working, the device itself must be supported by OS X, meaning it require a driver for that particular device. As for above example, the driver already already exist in OS X (IO80211Family.kext - AirPortAtheros.kext for atheros wireless card & AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext for broadcom wireless card). It just not working because it was misconfigured by BIOS & IOPCIFamily.kext fixed that.

You may already know this.....but I just want to make it clear one more time about the core idea of this project. :)

Ok....now....the kext that you are looking for is available at the first page of this thread. The link will re-direct you to externel file hosting server. The files that you're looking for are:-

1) "IOPCMCIAFamily.Leopard.zip" for leopard (for leopard version lower than 10.5.6)

or

2) "IOPCMCIAFamily.Tiger.zip" for tiger

or

3) "IOPCMCIAFamily.kext.zip" for leopard 10.5.6 only (inside "10.5.6.only" folder)

Just unzip & install it in "/System/Library/Extensions/" folder. IOPCIFamily.kext & IOPCCardFamily.kext are located in "PlugIns" folder. You don't need to remove anything. Don't forget to repair permissions before reboot.

bash-3.2# ls -al IOPCMCIAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 Feb  4 08:35 .
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  wheel  170 Feb  4 08:35 ..
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 Feb  4 08:35 IOPCCardFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 Feb  4 08:35 IOPCIFamily.kext
bash-3.2#

Good luck. ;)

kizwan

Now i understand it better :)

So to put my atheros to work i only need install that 3 kext! Should i use khelper to install it or copy past into extensions folders and do the permission things?

Sorry for ask all this, but my first time try do that i get a kernel panic and must reinstall osx.

Cheers

Now i understand it better :)

So to put my atheros to work i only need install that 3 kext! Should i use khelper to install it or copy past into extensions folders and do the permission things?

Sorry for ask all this, but my first time try do that i get a kernel panic and must reinstall osx.

Cheers

Hy there again

I install first the family kext reboot and nothing of wifi. Then install the other two kext (plugins folder) reboot and again nothing show wifi ... i have the atheros 5006EG on an eee 901GO... if someone can put it to work please advise.

Thanks

Hy there again

I install first the family kext reboot and nothing of wifi. Then install the other two kext (plugins folder) reboot and again nothing show wifi ... i have the atheros 5006EG on an eee 901GO... if someone can put it to work please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

It actually one kext. You just need to install IOPCMCIAFamily.kext. In the IOPCMCIAFamily.kext, it contain IOPCIFamily.kext & IOPCCardFamily.kext. I think you installed it correctly....just maybe redundant...but ok. Installing using KextHelper is highly recommended.

Check in "System Profiler" to determine if the kext load successfully or not.

systemprofileriopci.th.jpg

As for your Atheros, AR5006EG is a beast. :P I mean it was difficult to get it working. Someone has posted guideline to get AR5006EG working. Check this post:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1101087

Good luck. :P

kizwan

Hi,

It actually one kext. You just need to install IOPCMCIAFamily.kext. In the IOPCMCIAFamily.kext, it contain IOPCIFamily.kext & IOPCCardFamily.kext. I think you installed it correctly....just maybe redundant...but ok. Installing using KextHelper is highly recommended.

Check in "System Profiler" to determine if the kext load successfully or not.

systemprofileriopci.th.jpg

As for your Atheros, AR5006EG is a beast. :D I mean it was difficult to get it working. Someone has posted guideline to get AR5006EG working. Check this post:-

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1101087

Good luck. :)

kizwan

Hy that post talk about install the version 2.1.2 and last time i did that i win a re install because kernel panic :S

About the image i get the IOPCIFamily but not the IOPCCardFamily, i reiinstall again the main kext and then the single card reboot a few times and nothing :s

Hy that post talk about install the version 2.1.2 and last time i did that i win a re install because kernel panic :S

About the image i get the IOPCIFamily but not the IOPCCardFamily, i reiinstall again the main kext and then the single card reboot a few times and nothing :s

Again... kernel panic :'( Anyway i can resolve this kernel panic without full reinstall? Can't go into -s option...

EDIT: Please post the screenshot of your System Profiler. Just like I did & make sure to select "IOPCIfamily" so that I can see which version did load. Thank you. :)

Sorry, I don't understand... Did you fix the permissions & clear kext cache after installing the kext? Try boot with "-f" & see what happen.

Again... kernel panic :'( Anyway i can resolve this kernel panic without full reinstall? Can't go into -s option...

You can fix it by removing "IO80211Family.kext" version 2.1.2 from "/System/Library/Extensions/" folder. To do that, boot with the OS X installer DVD & open terminal to remove the kext file. You do backup the original one, don't you?

kizwan

EDIT: Please post the screenshot of your System Profiler. Just like I did & make sure to select "IOPCIfamily" so that I can see which version did load. Thank you. :thumbsup_anim:

Sorry, I don't understand... Did you fix the permissions & clear kext cache after installing the kext? Try boot with "-f" & see what happen.

You can fix it by removing "IO80211Family.kext" version 2.1.2 from "/System/Library/Extensions/" folder. To do that, boot with the OS X installer DVD & open terminal to remove the kext file. You do backup the original one, don't you?

kizwan

Hy! I remove the 3 kext i have in extensions then i only install latest IOPCMCIAFamily.kext always with the "khelper" then reboot and get the kernel panic! I didn't even install 2.1.2...

Now i can't boot, i doon't have a external dvd (i get one borrow for install) i will try to put the OSX dvd into 8gb sd card...

Can't boot with -v, -s or -f always get kernel panic . With one i get a more detail info..

I see something like

could'd alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert" panic .....

<br />Hy! I remove the 3 kext i have in extensions then i only install latest IOPCMCIAFamily.kext always with the "khelper" then reboot and get the kernel panic! I didn't even install 2.1.2... <br /><br />Now i can't boot, i doon't have a external dvd (i get one borrow for install) i will try to put the OSX dvd into 8gb sd card...<br /><br />Can't boot with -v, -s or -f always get kernel panic . With one i get a more detail info..<br /><br />I see something like<br />could'd alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert" panic .....<br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hi,

By saying the latest IOPCMCIAFamily.kext, that mean you installed IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for 10.5.6 right? Because if you installed IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for leopard 10.5.5 & below, there is high chance that you may experience kernel panic. If you did installed IOPCMCIAFamily.kext for 10.5.6, maybe it is not compatible with your PC. So you do really need to boot with OS X DVD to fix the problem. You need to remove IOPCMCIAFamily.kext from your extensions folder. If you can post the screenshot of that kernel panic, it will help me to determine what going wrong. Also, can you explain to me how you installed IOPCMCIAFamily.kext & how you fix the file permissions?

You can put OS X DVD installer into 4GB or 8GB thumbdrive using "Disk Utility". Of course you need to boot from the OS X DVD installer to access "Disk Utility" program. :wallbash: Use "Restore" function in the "Disk Utility" program to copy OS X DVD content to your thumbdrive.

Good luck. :)

kizwan

Hy! I remove the 3 kext i have in extensions then i only install latest IOPCMCIAFamily.kext always with the "khelper" then reboot and get the kernel panic! I didn't even install 2.1.2...

Now i can't boot, i doon't have a external dvd (i get one borrow for install) i will try to put the OSX dvd into 8gb sd card...

Can't boot with -v, -s or -f always get kernel panic . With one i get a more detail info..

I see something like

could'd alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert" panic .....

Anyway without a mac put the dvd installation iso into a usb and boot it?

Anyway without a mac put the dvd installation iso into a usb and boot it?

Beside "Disk Utility", I don't know any utility that can do that. I'll let you know if I found one.

Do you have extra external harddisk or thumbdrive that big enough (> 8GB) to hold OS X? If you have one, install OS X into it & use it to put OS X installation DVD to thumbdrive (bootable). It can be use later as "rescue disk".

kizwan

here are my DCPI Manager e ISPCI results.

in which way and which version i have to "install"? choose or replace is the same thing? i have to use kext helper ?

thk U

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub [8086:27a0] (rev 03)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express PCI Express Root Port [8086:27a1] (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:27d0] (rev 02)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:27d2] (rev 02)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 [8086:27d4] (rev 02)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:27d6] (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:27c8] (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:27c9] (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:27ca] (rev 02)

00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:27cb] (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:27cc] (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev e2)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:27b9] (rev 02)

00:1f.2 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller [8086:27c4] (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:27da] (rev 02)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300] [10de:01d7] (rev a1)

05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection [8086:4222] (rev 02)

06:01.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX [14e4:170c] (rev 02)

06:04.0 CardBus bridge [0607]: ENE Technology Inc CB-712/4 Cardbus Controller [1524:1412] (rev 10)

06:04.1 FLASH memory [0501]: ENE Technology Inc ENE PCI Memory Stick Card Reader Controller [1524:0530] (rev 01)

06:04.2 SD Host controller [0805]: ENE Technology Inc ENE PCI Secure Digital Card Reader Controller [1524:0550] (rev 01)

06:04.3 FLASH memory [0501]: ENE Technology Inc FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc: [1524:0520] (rev 01)

06:04.4 FLASH memory [0501]: ENE Technology Inc SD/MMC Card Reader Controller [1524:0551] (rev 01)

DCPI_Manager.tiff

@Eureka,

I would first like to thank you for the time and effort you invested in this driver.

I've been using your PCMCIA rev8, this fixed a major issue in my setup, which is the long boot time where the system taked over 20 minutes to start OS x.

I got 2 quick questions:

1) I tried your latest rev for 10.5.6 , however, after applying it the system wouldn't boot, it just hangs (still not sure if I am getting long boot time again) , is there any major change between rev8 and the latest rev? Anything suggestion I can try? any logs you want me to provide?

2) I have Ricoh 5C476 (II) on my HP 8510w which is not working eith rev8 , is there anything I can do to fix this.

Thanks

Dani

Beside "Disk Utility", I don't know any utility that can do that. I'll let you know if I found one.

Do you have extra external harddisk or thumbdrive that big enough (> 8GB) to hold OS X? If you have one, install OS X into it & use it to put OS X installation DVD to thumbdrive (bootable). It can be use later as "rescue disk".

kizwan

Yes i have... know i install again osx (i will try now with linux in the same 16gb ssd) But before i want do that (put OSX installation into my 8gb sdcard)

Hi everyone!

When I updated from 10.5.5 iATKOS 5i I experienced a problem with Intel Pro 100VE (0x10928086) Ethernet card. Card is always "cable unplugged" state. I tried everything from the topic about Intel Pro 100VE ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...4840&st=160 ) I installed LATEST IOPCMCIAFamily.kext (10.5.6 ONLY). After using dmesg | grep PC as root Terminal says:

sh-3.2# dmesg | grep PC

OpenHaltRestart: 2008 \M-B\M-) COPYRIGHT PSYSTAR CORPORATION (www.psystar.com)Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.3.0

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:

IOPCCard info: TI XX12 rev 00 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0xd0108000 virt mem 0x48269000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [serial pci & irq] [pci irq 17] [lat 168/176] [bus 2/2]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/Hitachi HTS545050KTA300 Hitachi HTS545050KTA300/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

sh-3.2#

Can this help understanding problem with network adapter?

Thanks for attention.

With great respect, jazzminos.

post-284246-1236866843_thumb.png

heloo everyone..

i have trouble PCMCIA(i'm using Novatel Merlin U630) in my Thosiba A100..

i have installed IOPCCardFamily.kext for 10.5.6(now i'm using xxx 10.5.6)

the troble is,when i insert the PC card/PCMCIA my screen FRIZZZ after a few minute..

but if eject PCMCIA,,my screen back normal..

can everyone help me..

tanks

Hi guys,

First of all I want to thank everyone for making this forum so useful and full of nice information.

I'm experiencing some problems with 10.5.6 PCMCIA driver (IOPCCardFamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext I've used are both 3.3.0) that make my PCMCIA work like a charm but give me problems with USB hubs on my Lenovo T61.

The situation is this: sometimes, more often when AC adapter is plugged in, the USB Hubs of fingerprint readed / bluetooth or the one of the right side USB port simply do not work.

They don't even appear in the system profiler.

The strange thing is that this doesn't happen every time I boot, but almost random.

The IOPCMCIAFamily.kext make also work my sleep, a bit strange actually, without the small moon but seems real sleep, fan and disk are totally quiet.

I've tried to rename the kext and use the IOPCIFamily.kext 2.5.4 and USB work fine, no sleep in this way (system wakes up after 3 seconds) and no PC Card.

Any ideas of the connection between PCMCIA driver and USB hubs?

Thanks

Hi guys,

The IOPCMCIAFamily.kext make also work my sleep, a bit strange actually, without the small moon but seems real sleep, fan and disk are totally quiet.

I've tried to rename the kext and use the IOPCIFamily.kext 2.5.4 and USB work fine, no sleep in this way (system wakes up after 3 seconds) and no PC Card.

Any ideas of the connection between PCMCIA driver and USB hubs?

Thanks

Hi,

Do you see any message in log file when it happen?

kizwan