iAtkos - getting really tired of Eskurza and Uphuck

darthosx86

25 posts in this topic

So this is what meets you when visiting uphuck.com forums:

FORUM IS CLOSED Don’t like iATKOS, use ToH, Kallway or wetf you want. ON IRC, I WILL NOT RESPOND TO NOOBS BY ALL

So first of all, for once I am getting really tired of ESKURZA

Ok first of all they {censored} up - yes they did. They made one big mistake by announcing iAtkos release November 9´th. And after the release was delayed they didn't care to update their site - weeks passed and no word at all. So after 2-3 weeks or so iAtkos was finally released. Yeah we no it was somewhere in Turkey and uphuck couldn’t send it with mail - but honestly I don't care, they could simply change the release date on their homepage.

And yes they {censored}ed up again when they uploaded it - they released it by sequential uploading, making the download immensely slow. But ok everybody got their iso's after 3 days so everybody was happy in the end.

And because of those 2 {censored} up's people where angry and yes then they write stupid stuff on uphuck's forum - AND SO WHAT ??? Apparently ESKURZA is getting so angry that he basically told people there that they could just {censored} off if they didn't like it, the way it was.

I mean in the Forum they had one long thread called something like: Apologies

- Which was basically used to say that they loved uphucks work and apologized for all the people who wrote stupid stuff on uphucks forum. It was basically total ass kissing - OH ESKURZA AND UPHUCK WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR WORK..... my goooood.

I guess ESKURZA is really somebody who can't take any critics at all, not even if it's justified. And a whole tread telling them how great their work is was not enough. What does this guy won’t ? Pure 24 hour ass kissing ????

So thanks for the message ESKURZA on the forum.

I can only tell you that I run iAtkos and yes I am really satisfied and happy with it - runs very stable and very fast - but I don't like ESKURZA attitude towards the community - it is childish.

So open up the forum again, and if people are angry - IGNORE IT - they don't know you, so you shouldn't take it so personally

I think they probably needed help with the forum and I know from my brief conversations with him that he is a busy person. I found them nothing but extraordinarily helpful, spinoff wise they have done much to promote Mac ownership. I know he was latterly fed up but some people on irc were pushy and rude, constantly.

I am on the fence about this one. They did have a zillion people with questions like: Way to go guys....uh will this work on a S.U.X. 6000 with a dual layered gigaflertz, etc, etc. And NOBODY on this scene needs to be bitching about something not working. That’s just childish (I do realize there are children about). And crying about torrent/download speeds, well we all got it right? The price was right....right?

But they really should have just not given a release date at all. It would have gotten here when it got here. Period. You put info like that out, then expect the reactions you got when you didn't deliver. There were times when I thought people with honest questions were "snapped" at. Of course that could be because of all the noob questions. And there were a lot. I should know...I asked some of them (I also tried to answer them as well…give/take kind of deal). In any case, I think closing the forum was extreme. It is not like they had to answer each question, or any questions for that matter. That’s what these forums are about. In time as people learned the ins and outs of these releases more and more questions would be getting answered. Just my opinion.

Geeze

kalyway works better anyway.

I second that. iATKOS doesn't work well on my system for some reason. And the attitude of the developers p155 me off so much. Kaly makes discs that work, and he/she is always happy to help people.

btw, I've heard that the iATKOS contains viruses? Is this right, or did I get mixed up with something else.

Closing the forum may or may not be a nice gesture as there are some pretty good decent guide within the forums for people willing to use the search function!

I for one benefited from both this forum and uphuck's forum regarding Iatkos problems in the first place.

And yes I do agree that most of the readme - was really helpful. I guess it's just some people did not bother to use the search/readme files and jumped straight ahead without thinking

Oh well.... it is their choice anyway .

So they took their ball and went home? :unsure:

Well, you know, they do work on their project for free so maybe they do expect some sort of gratitude. However, most of the people giving them flak didn't have anything to be gracious about.

!ATKOS was billed as 1 stop, easy, vanilla, Leopard installation that took the guess work out of setting up OSX on an x86 machine. For some (including me) it didn't live up to that expectation. Understandably some people took issue with the "devs" to try and resolve some problems ... other's went a step too far and beat up on them for the less than stellar performance.

But to answer their critic's challenges by just "slamming the door to their room" and pouting in IRC just seems childish. They did fine work, according to those that got it to work, to let some sour grapes have this great of an effect\affect on their occupation within the community just seems plainly sad.

Anyways, i didn't hold my less than stellar install against them, I just restored tiger. I mean what's the big deal? It's not like they owe anybody anything.

Back to all this name calling and the offensive personal retorts. It's one thing when a word slips out while speaking, but to write out the words takes pre-thought and shows a gross lack of maturity. I haven't read anything on uphuck's site recently, but if there is offensive language, it shouldn't be there just as it shouldn't be here.

lol, quit with your mightier than thou intellectual sounding but very unintellectual rant. You come to a website in which the main purpose is dedicated to shifting the binary boundaries in our favor. Perhaps you are aware that this is illegal. Now if you commit to the latter of what I have just said than you have to find it ridiculous that you are saying that we should censor are speech because it shows maturity. You sir are not thinking like a man that is thinking.

This is supposed to be a hobbyist's site, not a retail establishment where we can demand someone to honor a self-imposed due date.

I couldn't have said it better myself... or could I?

This is supposed to be a hobbyist's site, not a retail establishment where we can demand someone to honor a self-imposed due date or take away there right to free speech.

If you take anything on a website personally and your offended by it, then you need to grow up!

My philosophy has always been, " " <---- insert your boring garbage here and the sheep will think your a genius.

Go back to watching star wars, we're playing star trek over here kid.

i hate to be the one to state the obvious but ......

this scene is {censored}ed , all over from left to right, it has been flooded by TOO many noobs (like me)

all the info gets snowed under by questions wich have already been answered before.

Moderators are not doing their jobs and are not moderating the forum (as in deleting posts, making stickies etc)

this is not an attack on the forum mods.

The problem is that the noob users are with to many at this point and the experienced users / devvers are getting fed up by answering it over and over again.

this is to blame on the forum mods and admins, they should make posts with the info as a stickie in the forums, then the noob users will not have to ask them in general threads.

I dont know why they are not, but on other tech forums, they DO do this, and it works, also the mods are more strict and allow less mucking about.

i feel as if this scene is more "demanding" then any other scene i experienced before, it seems al the new users , previously reffered to as noobs, are more offensive and seems like they only have 1 braincell.(please bare in mind that im a new user to )

I feel this scene needs a big kick in the nuts and rearrange a lot of it.

anyway just my 2 cents

to the devvers : keep up the good work, ill be offering webspace and more to devvers if they need it

to the nubs : stfu & stff (search the {censored}in forum)

If you take anything on a website personally and your offended by it, then you need to grow up!

lol so true ....

forum is back online :)

HAHA ;) - Great. I did send uphuck and his crew an email with a link to this forum thread - maybe that did the trick.

Great now I can finally find out if bootcamp is working under iAtkos (and yes I am going to use the search function first :D )

Great now I can finally find out if bootcamp is working under iAtkos (and yes I am going to use the search function first ;) )

You didn't need to wait for the forums.

1. No, it doesn't work.

2. Why? If you have a Hackintosh with a dual boot, you have what Boot Camp does.

HAHA ;) - Great. I did send uphuck and his crew an email with a link to this forum thread - maybe that did the trick.

Great now I can finally find out if bootcamp is working under iAtkos (and yes I am going to use the search function first :) )

This Whole Thread illustrates the real problem. it's not often I take the liberty of ranting, but the level of lazy, repetitive, stupid and selfish noobery that has surrounded the iATKOS and Kalyway releases is worse than even before.

There were perfectly good ways of installing before these releases, if you were willing to make the effort to read and learn how, instead people complained at the delay of releases. Once released, the DVDs were downloaded in the thousands, and sure enough they weren't absolutely perfect, so a few bugs occurred, and as a result this forum has been flooded with endless repeat topics asking the exact same questions over and over despite the fact that the answers are *ALREADY HERE*. They're not listed under "my iATKOS doesn't boot past spinning apple" because that's not the underlying problem. Find out what the problem is, search, and all the answers are here. Starting a new topic for such things is just bad forum manners.

I guess it's human nature to want something for nothing, and that is what people have been expecting from these relases. The fact is, osx86 is not a free ride, it's not for everyone, regardless of skill, aptitude & experience (although it's not particularly hard compared to, say gentoo or slackware or any other OS that requires effort) and frankly, if you don't want to make the effort, then you should buy a Mac.

I don't know how many times I've had to post this over the years, but boot camp does not work on PCs, and unless someone has added more Apple firmware to pc-efi by the time you read this, it still won't. Who repackaged OS X, be it uphuck/eskurza, Kalyway, Zephyroth, or yourself with some effort, a couple of scripts & some nice strong coffee, makes no difference.

Please, folks, grow up & stop demanding the impossible from others whilst making no effort yourselves.

I'm sorry but I think you toally misunderstood - I didn't make this thread because I didn't know about bootcamp.

I solely created the thred because I was unhappy about uphuck and his crews attitude towards the community.

Yeah I had OSX86 since the beginning and I know bootcamp never worked , but thought that it might with iAtkos EFI bootloader - well how can I know this if I don't search for an answer.

And yes I did search this forum for the answer but they don't mention iAtkos EFI bootloader when talking about bootcamp. Anyway this is what you get when searching for bootcamp in here:

My Leopard installation working great :censored2: *First post recently updated* 1

Unofficial- Geforce 8 thread

Marvell Yukon 8001 - the driver

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Leopard How-to (Updated 12/26)

HP Pavilion tx1000?

EFI Bootloader and bootsound!

GTA San Andreas on Crossover

And searching for "iAtkos bootcamp" gives you no results.

And yes I know that doing a dualboot hackintosh will do the same thing as bootcamp - but it is much much more complicated especially if you have a setup like mine - took me 2 days last time when I did my triple boot installation with tiger. Bootcamp would be able to do this on my computer much faster and easier - plus i don't have to fight with GRUB .

wow someone needs a job and spend their time on other things... if you're not one of the developers of these releases then don't complain.

(The below is not complaining, I am just stating what the facts are for me)

I will say though that I am not happy with any of the releases iATKOS or Kalyway (although the latter does work better) neither of them are including as many drivers as some of the older releases for Tiger (Kernel reasons?). Specifically drivers for the Geforce 8 series graphics card are in neither iso from what I can tell, however there are other issues with both of those discs that prevent it from working well on Asus laptops. I have basically been fixing one problem after another during the install process and have gotten a bit closer each time but I have finally given up. I am just going to check back in a month and see how the pre built iso's are going because I literally cannot spend any more time on this.

In the meantime my true love is windows so it makes more sense for me to just run OSX in VMware but I will miss QE/CI greatly. My main purpose to run it though is so I can test out applications that can be deployed on the macs that my co-workers use and to test out applications I want to deploy on my Home Theater MacMini.

Thanks for everyones hard work and I can not wait to see PC EFI mature more as well as driver support. *cough* Core 2 Duo support on Asus motherboards.

Be grateful that you have a free Leopard running. I'm using iATKOS and it works like a charm.

Human are just like that, they take things for granted and it's always me me me... I'm like that a lot of times. But I know it's wrong. So stop that whine and appreciate that Eskurza and uphuck had done something they are absolutely not obligated to do so. You didn't pay a dime for that release, so shut the F up and get your head out of your ass once in awhile.

It's absolutely ridiculous to complain anything at all.

I'm sorry but I think you toally misunderstood - I didn't make this thread because I didn't know about bootcamp.

I solely created the thred because I was unhappy about uphuck and his crews attitude towards the community.

I understood you perfectly. I answered your post because I was unhappy with *your* attitude towards the community.

The rest of your post just illustrates my point.. you want a ready made, easy solution to dual booting, ideally with bootcamp as grub is too much effort, and you want someone else to make it for you, whilst complaining about them & their attitude at the same time.

The searches were unsuccessful because you don't even understand what it is you are searching for. It is very hard to help those who can't be bothered to do the minimum research needed to know the right question to ask.

Anyhow, I had my rant & this continuation is undignified. I won't respond again.

It ain't much in this world that is free.

I think it's a shame when ppl whine about things not working.

Use the free stuff be gratefull and try to contribute to others, or dont use it.

Whatever do not complain about the work others have done to share with us for free, its very unpolite i think.

It might be postponed releases and drivers not working etc., but in the end someone put in a lot of time and requires nothing back, and does not deserves whining as thanks.

Thats my opinion

Not to condone or defend any other persons actions but as someone who watched all this from the beginning starting with the IRC chat that both Eskurza and Uphuck put up with a lot of {censored}, I'm not sure I could have been so tolerant.

Then once people finally started installing they found out that they actually had to put a little effort into making their various rigs work rather than pour through google or past experience to figure out the solutions many did start to complain that ABC POS hardware wasn't working .. Well duh, it shouldn't work by design, I've fixed my intel nic by editing its plist so many times I know my device ID by heart now, on Kalyway for some reason it won't use DHCP any more and my GMA950 which was flawless on Tiger has mouse tearing on Leopard. It has had this with all attempts so results may vary from release to release or not, oh well !!!

My current setup is Kalyway with iATKOS kernel, its been the smoothest so far other than the DHCP issue .. I'm using the different kernel due to a crash using Carbon Copy Cloner with Kalyway's .. Now that I've got a good disk image I may give iATKOS one more try on my scratch drive ..

As with anything else a little patience goes a long way .. In the future I hope more people will excercise this rather than be a PIA, I mean really does anyone need to post every few minutes about why they haven't had a reply yet .. The devs are possibly half the world away and sleeping or busy with life .. Half the time their question has already been asked and answered and then follows the obligatory 10 responses telling them to read the forums ..

My suggestion to everybody is just relax and be thankful for what you got working or not .. and remember the only perfect working install is one that goes on a supported apple product ..

Cheers..

The rest of your post just illustrates my point.. you want a ready made, easy solution to dual booting, ideally with bootcamp as grub is too much effort, and you want someone else to make it for you, whilst complaining about them & their attitude at the same time.

What are you talking about - "you want a ready made, easy solution to dual booting" ??? No I just wanted to tjek if bootcamp MADE BY APPLE would work on iAtkos with EFI bootloader - Im a allowed to search for this information ??????

"you want someone else to make it for you" - Yeah Apple makes bootcamp - so yes I want to use their software .....

I give up, you totally misunderstood . I believe that I used this forum in the correct way by simply first searching for the information before asking - I mean, I didn't ask anybody for this information but found it myself - so honestly I don't understand what your problem is.