Anybody tried iATKOS?

BLT-FQX

37 posts in this topic

Does it work?

Is there anything wrong?

Please write here, so others would know.

1. When you format your drive with MBR, don't forget to run Darwin Boot beside it. Otherwise you may keep rebooting... (Thanks bofors for this tip)
  2. You should type 1 for disk0.(Thanks JSN1 for this tip)

Could you explain more about that so if I get this working I can use it as reference? Thanks!

After you boot the iATKOS installation disk, the main menu bar (at the top of your screen) has an item in labelled "Utilities".

In "Utilities" there a variety of programs you can run, like for example "Disk Utility" to format your target drive with an MBR partition table.

You will also a see an executable script called "Darwin Boot". This installs the bootloader for iATKOS, so you need to run this before actually installing iATKOS.

Please help....

I have a Dell P4 sse3 machine set for EFI/Vanilla and I'm getting a Darwin Script Error as well.....

Disk is 100% clean and formatted to journEXT

then proceed to Darwin script

1 - HDD with only 1 partition (Disk0S1).... Darwin Recognizes the partition but when I prompt to add EFI I get this...

Unmount "s1" Failed to unmount error 2

unmount failed - no such directory

startup tool opendev (s1): no such file or directory

dd:s1: Read only file system

Hdutil: Mount vol Failed : no such file or directory

any help appreciated ;) as always

did not work for me,

tried everything,..... laptop ide to sata probably jmicron culprit,....

desktop,.... now thinking, speedstep issue,... have keyboard issues,...usb,...

with darwin loader, the numbers are delayed, have to press 2 times not 3, to get 1,...

once booted, but got stuck on keyboard setup,... sound was working,...

Darwin Bootloader Installation did not work for me. Default installation (non efi) went off otherwise without a hitch. I'm using the dvd as the bootloader to get into leopard. It actually found my wifi card and ethernet port without any extra kext or the networkinterfaces.plist hack that tiger demanded. I'm going to give kalloway install a try since it uses a common efi and i beleive installs darwin automatically.Plus i {censored} hate the iatkos about mac change!Sorry--- I'm on a Gateway MX8711 laptop dual booting vista.

Please help....I have a Dell P4 sse3 machine set for EFI/Vanilla and I'm getting a Darwin Script Error as well.....Disk is 100% clean and formatted to journEXT then proceed to Darwin script1 - HDD with only 1 partition (Disk0S1).... Darwin Recognizes the partition but when I prompt to add EFI I get this...Unmount "s1" Failed to unmount error 2unmount failed - no such directorystartup tool opendev (s1): no such file or directorydd:s1: Read only file systemHdutil: Mount vol Failed : no such file or directoryany help appreciated ;) as always
This is happening because probably you are writing 0 on target HDD, If your target HD is disk0, then you have to write 1, so basically this would be your correct setup.disk0s1target hdd1target partition1That should fix your problems.AMAZING!!!It works *PERFECTLY* in my desktop PC, No modding necessary!Everything,,, Just installed and everything including audio and video worked ootb *out of the burner

I gave this a very quick shot on my laptop but it just gave me a blinking cursor on reboot. Grumble. I was confused by the EFI Emulation option since it says it require the "EFI emulation" option. Huh? I also didn't see the Darwin Bootloader thing, so I missed that as well.

All I want is a single hard drive, with one partition, preferably GUID, with EFI. What do I do to get this?

I gave this a very quick shot on my laptop but it just gave me a blinking cursor on reboot. Grumble. I was confused by the EFI Emulation option since it says it require the "EFI emulation" option. Huh? I also didn't see the Darwin Bootloader thing, so I missed that as well.

All I want is a single hard drive, with one partition, preferably GUID, with EFI. What do I do to get this?

I haven't downloaded this one yet, but from what I've read, this is mbr only. You might want to try kaly's which gives you a guid option.

This is happening because probably you are writing 0 on target HDD, If your target HD is disk0, then you have to write 1, so basically this would be your correct setup.disk0s1target hdd1target partition1That should fix your problems.AMAZING!!!It works *PERFECTLY* in my desktop PC, No modding necessary!Everything,,, Just installed and everything including audio and video worked ootb *out of the burner

This solved EVERYTHING for me.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

iAtkos works perfectly for me. (no audio, but thats fixable)

Now to get rid of that Damned "about this mac" icon

I love that they added menumeter to the install

You all are the greatest

uphuck made atleast 1 huge error when making this disk. that was he forgot to change the kext for gma950 from 10.5.0 to the 10.5.1 version. really bad tearing with mouse on firefox.

Yeah I have some tearing going on as well. I have a P5LD2-VM DH mobo with the GMA950 graphics. Is there a solution?

Chevy

What a messup!!

I decided to test both NEW installs on my Dell Dimension 9200 and did Kayway first, without going into too much details (cause there are'nt any!) everything installed.

I had to add my soundcard sigmatel 9227, my Wireless USB from Netopia and i was up and running! This included running in RAID mode.

NO PROBLEM!

I must add to read the instructions during the setup screens during boot up!

Then it was Iatkos's turn....

firstly had to switch my raid off, so I had to disable my main drive in order not to wipe it!

The boot setup went through with normal speed, i read the instructions, as the setup did NOT include making the drive bootable!

It had a seperate Terminal application to do this!?

This is where the mess started, if you do a diskutil list you will see your drive, mine as it had my main drive(disk0) included, was disk1, BUT you have to GUESS as the question was which HDD?!!!!

If you didn't know GUID made more than one partition, HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO KNOW ITS PARTITION 2!!!!!

After this mess the installation continued, but the DVD seemed to be stuck on a point for a long time without showing ANYTHING on the progrees bar (4 min 23sec) the first time i thought it wwas stuch so i rebooted then the second time, then just as I was going to reboot it, it continued! I do understand that this is because the image file is compressed? but why try and save 2GB if you are going to cut a 4,7GB DVD!?

I really thought the idea of the DVD was to help those that don't know as much as others(us, we, the inner circle) but this is a real mess if you are a normal(noobi) user!

You be the judge...... Iatkos, or Kalyway......

SticMAN

ps do Kalyway last then you are done and don't have to redo everything!!

It worked well. The only problem for me is they didn't consider logical partition where the number can be larger than 4. So I have to manually install EFI.

My ATI X300SE has only software CI, no QZ and tearing. The Intel VE/100 also shows "Cable unplugged". But I won't blame them for not testing all drivers thoroughly.

Good job, Uphuck!

Please help....

I have a Dell P4 sse3 machine set for EFI/Vanilla and I'm getting a Darwin Script Error as well.....

Disk is 100% clean and formatted to journEXT

then proceed to Darwin script

1 - HDD with only 1 partition (Disk0S1).... Darwin Recognizes the partition but when I prompt to add EFI I get this...

Unmount "s1" Failed to unmount error 2

unmount failed - no such directory

startup tool opendev (s1): no such file or directory

dd:s1: Read only file system

Hdutil: Mount vol Failed : no such file or directory

any help appreciated :D as always

you'll be fine - the instructions were a little wierd

if you want to install on disk0s1

then type 1 for disk0

then type 1 for partition 1

it will work

works, install was easy. just had to do the darwin boot loader thing.

can't get my ethernet to work (gigabyte marvell 80856) or my sound (alc883). Patches that previously worked on tiger don't seem to work and can't get apple HDA patcher to work in leopard. will keep googling for help.

My system:

Intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz

Asus P5G33 - Intel chipset with GMA3100 graphics onboard

2Gb ram

320Gb HD SATA drive

last comment - leopard looks a bit dull compared to tiger...anyone else agree?