37 posts in this topic

Works!

Kudos to upchuck and the iATKOS team!

Followed all instructions:

1. Disk Utility - for clean install

2. Darwin boot with EFI

3. Gparted for boot

4. Installed with EFI, NVinject (256mb)

5. Network and Sound works out of the box!

My build:

Gigabyte GA-946GM-DS2

E4400 2Ghz

2gig Corsair 667

Palit 7300GT Sonic 256mb

WD 80gig

Lite-On DVD 18X

This is happening because probably you are writing 0 on target HDD, If your target HD is disk0, then you have to write 1, so basically this would be your correct setup.disk0s1target hdd1target partition1That should fix your problems.AMAZING!!!It works *PERFECTLY* in my desktop PC, No modding necessary!Everything,,, Just installed and everything including audio and video worked ootb *out of the burner

I was getting the same error , After using your hint It went Of .Thanks

Hello everyone :)

I'm kinda new here, but im stucked with a problem while install OSX on my laptop.

Since it is a new release, iATKOS is not very documented.

My harware supports SSE3 and is Intel based :D

I'd like to make a dual boot with vista pre-installed, I have only one partition on my hdd.

The problems i'm facing is that after the Apple logo a black screen appears, and at that time nothing can be done, but the hdd and cd drive still often show an activity.

The question is, what should I do,? Format entirely the hdd or create a blank partition ?

And if I create a partition, with what and what kind of format ?

Thanks a lot for your help, this release needs a wiki :D

How on earth do you install this thing!??I burned the dvd put it in to my HP NC8000 laptop.Boots from the DVD, i see the mac logo and a round spinning cursor...and thats it!Nothing else happens, it just sits there for hours!Please help!

This could be a compatibility problem with your DVD drive. OSx86 can be picky that way. Try another DVD drive (or copy the iATKOS disk image to another bootable device like a hard drive).

The question is, what should I do,? Format entirely the hdd or create a blank partition ?And if I create a partition, with what and what kind of format ?

There are several ways to go about setting up a disk to dual boot.

Try searching for a tutorial in the Genius Bar: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=45

Or reading the dual boot wiki: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...uides#Dual_BootYou are probably also going to need to install GRUB to choose which partition you want to boot from.

no WiFi atheros draft n ?

finally did get it to run on laptop, R60 with sata drive,

did give trouble with start screen , do not transfere,.... selected transfer from volume, got stuck a couple of times,...

sound, eathernet working, cpus=2 speedstep crashed, did run in on 1 cpu, removed all old throttle, speedstep,

runs on booth but hot, no wifi,....

can I copy old atheros kext ?

anybody , atheros 802.11n ?

I tried the iAtkos Leopard install and have given up and went back to Uphuck 10.4.

(Tiger) I had three main issues.  I'm using an AOpen Mini, Model MP945x, 2.166 Core Duo with the Intel 945 Chipset and using the built in Video provided by the Intel Chipset. The issues are: (1) Can only boot with Installation DVD inserted in DVD Drive. I think the problem is installing the Darwin Boot Loader.  Never could get it to work.  Might try it again if the person in Post #17 above would kindly translate his discovery into something I can understand. (2) Ran awfully slow!  Could not figure out anything the Docs were saying about PRASY and/or TUXX and could not find anymore information. This area seems to indicate methods of controling the CPU speed but I don't understand it.  The Uphuck version of Tiger that I went back to seems to have a problem with speed also.  It has the built in Speedstep program and defaults to 1000 MHZ when I boot. When I change the speed to 2,167 MHZ there is just a very small, almost negligble, increase in Xbench scores. Anyone care to comment on this? (Both the 

Leopard and Tiger) (3) When the computer goes to sleep I can not revive it short of removing power to it.  This is the straw that broke the camels back as far as I'm concerned and I decided to go back to Tiger.  The sleep function in Tiger seems to work OK.  In fact the only issues I have with Tiger (Uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i) is when I boot the process starts in text mode and runs several pages of script before it switches to graphics mode just before completeing the boot process. From there on there is no problem. I've already mentioned the speed problem. There is one more problem.  It does not recognize the Firewire port.  It recognizes the USB ports wth no problem. In fact my first install of Uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i was to an External 60 GB with a USB connection.  Any Comments, Ideas or Help will be appreciated.

carlc80301

I got it to work :) - Leopard is BEAUTIFUL!

1 - Start up by using Gparted Live CD

2 - Partition your HDD into 2 seperate fat32 partitions. Then Boot Flag the 1st partition.

3 - Start up using the iATKOS CD

4 - Go to Disk Utilities, make sure MBR is set - DO NOT PARTITION AGAIN

5 - Format each partition as HFS+ Journaled. Close Disk Utility.

6 - Run the Darwin Boot EFI from the Utilities menu - IMPORTANT: use 1 instead of 0 for your HARD DRIVE, use 1 for your PARTITION

7 - Proceed with install & choose EFI Vanilla Kernel, choose your video, LAN, sound drivers, etc.

IMPORTANT: after I did all this I rebooted, removing the iATKOS DVD from my DVD drive - I got a blinking cursor. Just for kicks,

I decided to reboot with Gparted to make sure my 1st partition (where I'd installed iATKOS) was still flagged as boot. When I got into

Gparted, I found that somehow the iATKOS install had changed the boot partition to my second partition (which of course didn't have

an OS). So I re-flagged my 1st partiton/iATKOS install as "Boot", restarted & BANG! LEOPARD BABY!!!!

Only problem now is I can't sleep (won't wake), restart, or power off with the Apple menu - any help here?

what about fdisk -e /dev/rdisk? .... f 1 or 2

would that work,... wierd, on dekstop, the gparted craped out, due 7300gs,....

vlad, nice writeup,.. noticed too, darwin +1 , but had usb keyboard issues,...

I'll give it a shot, once I get new disk, ... does the efi can screw up the partitions ?

• 2 weeks later...

iatkos slow 1/2 xbench ???

on my laptop, iatkos did not run full speed,....

did not notice it, till I ran the xbench and geekbench,

got kalyway running on it, with vanilla, with full speed,

no sleep,

iATKOS: desktop, ok, full cpu, low opengl , nvidia problem, sleep works, not vanilla

kalyway: laptop, vanilla, no sleep, no battery meter

note, my laptop with gma950 gets better quartz and opengl xbench score, then my desktop with 7300gs ??

taking a break from all the installs,....

graphics & sleep

the gma950 seem to have init problems, especially from wake,

so it looks, that on a gma950 laptop sleep will never work !!?? though on my 10.4.5 it worked on a dell,....

please post if you get leopard working on laptop with sleep, what graphics ? model of laptop,...