NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

I'm a little confused, if we want to add a chipset (such as MCP73) to the source, how do we do that? When I added the vendor and device ID's to the info.plist, it told me it wasn't supported. I want to add that support to the driver and see how/if it works. Where do I add these ID's?

My motherboard is the P6N Diamond. 680i Chipset.

I did my installation with the iATKOS 5i DVD.

My hardware IDs are as follows:

PATA - 036e10de

SATA - 037f10de

Both IDs are added to the appropriate sections in the AppleNForceATA kext but upon trying to boot, I get the following message:-

AppleNForceATA 0 Units Found.

I've tried a couple different versions of the kext that I could find but to no avail.

Is there another kext that needs to be removed or am I just out of luck?

I've got my hands on a spare sata drive (samsung spinpoint series, 250gb). SATA controller is plain nforce4.

the current configuration is like this:

[ide] archive - data (i don't fully trust this driver yet :D )

[sata] system

My music is stored on the ide drive. When there's much going on at the system disk, the sound stutters (like a scratching). It doesn't matter, if the music is stored on the ide or the sata disk.

System Configuration is like that:

Mainboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F

CPU: Athlon64 X2 3800+

IDE: 320GB Seagate

SATA: 250GB Samsung

System: Leopard 10.5.6, 9.5.0 Voodoo

Any Ideas? It really bothers me... :/

Set your bios to use ahci instead of ide mode for the hard drive you want to boot off of. This effects all hard drives on your system that is sata connected to that controller.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Will this kext work for my Asus K8N-DL?

nForce 4 Professional chipset.

EDIT: I have downloaded iPC 10.5.6 Universal ppf5 final but it does not work for me.

AppleNforceATA: found 2 units
AppleNforceATA: found 2 units
AppleNforceATA: NVIDIA nForce CK 804 Serial ATA by MeDeveil (CMD 0x1f0, CIR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xf000)
AppleNforceATA: NVIDIA nForce CK 804 Serial ATA by MeDeveil (CMD 0x170, CIR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xf000)
USBF:	 4.142   AppleUSBOHCI[0x3b6f800]::CheckSleepCapability Controller will be unloaded accross sleep
AppleNforceATA: sata phy reset done
AppleNforceATA: found 1 units
USBF	  4.197   AppleUSBOHCI[0x3b6f800]::CheckSleepCapability Controller will be unloaded accross sleep
AppleNforceATA: NVIDIA nForce CK 804 Serial ATA by MeDeveil (CMD 0x9e0, CIR 0xbe0, IRQ 23, BM 0xc800)
AppleNforceATA: Warning : phy connection failed. status= 0x00000000
AppleNforceATA: found 0 units

As I said my mobo's chipset it's nforce 4 and on manual is refered NVIDIA CK8-04 Professional.

Any help about that??

Did anyone have success with install on Nvidia MCP7A (GeForce 9300) 730i chipset?

I whant install Leo on ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi LGA775 (Mini-ITX)

Very interesting motherbord in small form-factor.

• 2 weeks later...

just wanna make a suggestion...

i got a message of "found 0 units" too at AppleNForceATA.

becoz i hv 2 sata HDD + 1 sata DVD and NO ata drive.

just thinking that... could there be a driver which never check ata slot?

• 4 weeks later...

Hy

i installed os x on my nForce 560 powered machine from the ideneb 1.4 disk

everything works exept my sata drive's (os x is installed on an ide disk)

i searched for the a kext but i havent found it so if somebody has something like this working i would love to know how you did it.

Amd 2700+ 2.8GHz

Giga byte GA-M56S-S3 Rev.1

nForce 560

Asus geforce 9800 GT ultimate

thank you for reading.

Dude i am facing this Problem "Still Waiting For Root Device"

MeDevil Help Me With This I Have Problem i Have Posted The Image

Link :

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8583/st...forrootdevi.jpg

My Sepicfication Are :

Asus MotherBoard M2N - MX SE

AMD Athlon X2 64 5000+

Graphic Card : 8800GT

Sata Hard Disk : 640 GB

IDE CD Rom .

Please Help Me MeDevil

Waiting for root device means you don't have the kext installed that is for your storage chipset that the hard drive you're booting from is attached to. Try to find a kext for it and see if its included, if it is, then install it. If not, ask that it be included. If there isn't one, ur SOL.

• 3 weeks later...

I am freaking out here. I have a SATA HD, and a SATA DVD Burner, the TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F, and it will read discs, but it won't burn. I've tried replacing this kext but I am completely frustrated by now. I've been researching all over the place, but I just can't find anything that resembles a solution for this problem.

Anyone knows what to do? I have a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra D, and AMD Athlon 64 3700+ as the processor.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could recompile the code in order to make an 64 bit AppleNforceATA.kext for Snow Leopard. I wish I knew how to do this by myself.... Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

This is my hardware list:

Motherboard: Supermicro H8DAE-2 with nVidia MCP55 Pro chipset which supports up to two Six-Core AMD Opteron 2000/8000 processors

Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DAE-2

Processor: 1x Opteron 8214 (for the time being) :-)

Ram: 4 GB Samsung DDR2 667 Registered ECC Unbuffered

Graphics Card: Nvidia 9400 GT

I also have two SATA hard disks: 1)120 GB and 2)640GB, a Sony IDE DVD reader and an IDE Optiarc DVD Recorder.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dealing with the same device, could you please let me know if you figure something out.

I think Bios might be an issue.

I am freaking out here. I have a SATA HD, and a SATA DVD Burner, the TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F, and it will read discs, but it won't burn. I've tried replacing this kext but I am completely frustrated by now. I've been researching all over the place, but I just can't find anything that resembles a solution for this problem.

Anyone knows what to do? I have a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra D, and AMD Athlon 64 3700+ as the processor.

I'm dealing with the same device, could you please let me know if you figure something out.

I think Bios might be an issue.

Its a 'problem' with the kext, this can only be fixed by MeDevil. But since he's not working on it anymore...

Edit: This only applies for SATA burners :)

• 2 weeks later...
Getting the "Still Waiting for root device" on 10.4.10....I'm on an MCP55

I did delete the previous AppleNForceATA.kext from the IOTATAFamily.kext...didn't have it in root extensions folder.

Putting the new kext in IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns didn't change anything.

how you access the IOATAFamily.kext in mac.if the error comes we unable to boot the os

How can you replace the driver