Nvidia G92 (8800GT) support in 10.5.2

Dense

359 posts in this topic

Yeeeeeees, Have FULL QE/CI on my 8400mGS but something is making the colors to distort

Login Screen appears with good colors but once I enter to Desktop it apperas fine for a second or less and then it appears like solarize effect.

Yeah guys!!!

Worked for me, on my Asus F9S with NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G (g84m G) now I have FULL RES - CI - QE!!!

I'll give it a screenshot later..

Really thanks to all!

Please do.

Here's my screen for my 8600M GT 512MB. picture1ah3.th.png

Can someone make a guide (or an installer :-D), on how to make this work? I would really really like my 8400 GS to work.... I downloaded Natit, OpenGL.framework, and geforce 1052.. a guide would be awesome. Thanks!

10.5.2 Nivida kexts don't measure that size, even the whole 10.5.2 update is 350MB.

If you haven't already any of the Leopard DVD's don't waste your time neither your broadband, just wait that someone take the risk and "waste" time and resources.

But this thread is not about WHOLE DVD's is for 10.5.2 kexts that measures 33MB.

hi again,

I managed to get Ci and QE working in a 8800GT with NVinjector, but with 1 version, on VRAM i get 768 which gives me graphics errors, and with nvinject 0.1.7 i get a VRAM of 256 which gives me errors too. i dont know how to set VRAM to 512.

Can anyone post a NVinject of 512 or give a detailed way of how to do this??

Or can anybody to post a nvinject of VRAM od 512????

Thanks 4 youre time and patience

10.5.2 Nivida kexts don't measure that size, even the whole 10.5.2 update is 350MB.

If you haven't already any of the Leopard DVD's don't waste your time neither your broadband, just wait that someone take the risk and "waste" time and resources.

But this thread is not about WHOLE DVD's is for 10.5.2 kexts that measures 33MB.

That's what I'm saying, im not going to download the ISO just to find out whether it works or not. I'd rather ask somebody, if your not going to answer me question (is 8600gt compatible) then don't respond.

So...

I have a 8600GT, and I did everything posted here, and suddenly I booted up in full res, which is cool, but I DON'T HAVE qe or ci ;)

Maybe I have to edit nvinject.kext or something?

Please, any help will be appreciated

Thanks

picture1ht0.th.jpg

EDIT: also, it shows up as 256mb, while its 512

EDIT2: in opengl extensions viewer, it says version: 2.0 nvidia-1.5.18, shouldnt it say 1.5.22? (I copied over the new framework after deleting the old one.)

So...

I have a 8600GT, and I did everything posted here, and suddenly I booted up in full res, which is cool, but I DON'T HAVE qe or ci :thumbsup_anim:

Maybe I have to edit nvinject.kext or something?

Please, any help will be appreciated

Thanks

picture1ht0.th.jpg

EDIT: also, it shows up as 256mb, while its 512

EDIT2: in opengl extensions viewer, it says version: 2.0 nvidia-1.5.18, shouldnt it say 1.5.22? (I copied over the new framework after deleting the old one.)

you surely didn't copy the new kexts then, at least completly... 1.5.18 is old kexts

And to Daryll, it works

Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank everybody in this thread on this issue we are cutting edge.

Anyway here is my issue, I followed the instructions of updating the nvidia ktext and I was able to run my XFX 8800GT 512MB.

The only issue is that when I select a menu the items get corrupt by getting the background and not refresing the image.

I got a quad-core Q6600 with Gigabyte P35C-DS3R and 4GB of memory and 3 hardrives.

Please any comment or help is appreciated. By the way I installed Iatkos DVD.

Thanks

no luck for my 8800GT,

still got a kernel panic and i need to remove the NVDAResman.kext to boot up..

i can see the nvinject.kext successfully loaded, but why i also see the natit??

with only the nvinject.kext installed .. no qe/ci for sure and not even the

resolution change ....

anyone have the same configure with me and a successful stories to share?

thanks..

but still no luck, i did it all in single-user mode, will that make a difference?

i have changed the device id, 0xxxx10de&ampxxxxxxx ..

still got a kernel panic of the geforce.kext and the nvresman.kext ..

alas, maybe i should wait for the installer ...