zip.gif 10.5.6_kexts_pack.zip ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 31

Which of these packs do you mean?

zip.gif Latest_889a_AppleHDA.kext.zip ( 641.29K ) Number of downloads: 5081

zip.gif Latest_Kext_package.zip ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 6464

zip.gif updated_kexts_for_10.5.5.zip ( 521.43K ) Number of downloads: 5042

zip.gif Kexts___Post_patch_10.5.5.zip ( 1.73MB ) Number of downloads: 4556

zip.gif 10.5.6_kexts_pack.zip ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 31

Which of these packs do you mean?

I have applied the mentioned file from the 10.5.6 pack: zip.gif 10.5.6_kexts_pack.zip ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 31

sudo mkdir /Volumes/LEOPARD/vanilla2
sudo cp -r /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext /Volumes/LEOPARD/vanilla2/
sudo cp -r AppleHDA.kext /Volumes/LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/
sudo diskutil repairpermissions /Volumes/LEOPARD/

Reboot...

Applied EFI strings with EFIStudio.

Reboot again...

It doesnt work. No mic in, no multichannel out.

What is wrong? Attached kextstat, linux codec dump and screenshots.

Can I provide more information for better support?

Audio_MIDI_Setup.tiff

kextstat.txt

System_Profiler.tiff

proc_asound_card0_codec_2.txt

@karaakeha1

Can you explaine me? I have a GA-P35-DS3. So far no Probs with that Board and the origianl Vanilla Kernels!

With my GA-EP45-DS3 the retail 9.5.0 Kernel will not do it. Cannot Boot with that KErnel, When I switch back to an ideneb Kernel 9.4.0 everything works fine.

How do you think the Vanilla Kernel might work with the EP-45 Board? Any Suggestions?

After failed attempt with latest Chameleon .12 version with the RAID that I had before...I cloned from my existing single 10.5.5, installed the .11 version of Chameleon to the RAID ("Boot OS X"), changed the com.Boot.apple.plist with the RAID ID as per the guide (I had the RAID worked before the 10.5.6 update as said)...

With the new instructions here for 10.5.6 I used Pacifist and install 10.5.6 on the RAID, ran 10.5.5 patch, then replaced with the "Latest 10.5.6 kext"...

Rebooted with the RAID, now it complains that "AHCI port is not in the same super class...." and got "Waiting for root device"....

23 Dec.

Actually it complains about "com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage"

Still the same problem with the latest 10.5.6 kexts pack...help !!!!

Another re-install and this time it works....

Another re-install and this time it works....

if you have DSDT using the patch, copy the dsdt.aml for root BOOT OSX (rdisk? s3), making it works normal, and loads the dsdt opens normally, not that I was tested, was one of the forum here that said that

if you have DSDT using the patch, copy the dsdt.aml for root BOOT OSX (rdisk? s3), making it works normal, and loads the dsdt opens normally, not that I was tested, was one of the forum here that said that

When using fresh install of leopard and than combo update 10.5.6 DSDT not required

When using fresh install of leopard and than combo update 10.5.6 DSDT not required

Too right...

I did a complete re-install, then 10.5.6 kexts. After that tried the command line "diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/RAID" It complains about IOAHCI, tried again once more the command "diskutil..." ..that did NOT fix the problem...

Finally, I tried to boot from the iATKOS DVD and tried the dislutil from there. And that finally fixed the problem....

Have to say, there are a lot of inputs here that are helpful...

Thanks and HAPPY XMAS....

did now finally the update to 10.5.6 on my raid config. worked (almost ) flawless.

installed the downloaded update within the install (ususally I did it from the other install).

after first reboot spining circle, so I decided to reboot again. second reboot > everything working :)

EDIT: needed afterwards - timemachine fix,audio patch.AHCIport. removed dsdt. it prevented to load the driver of my second UAD card.

Apply IOATAFamily.kext form the 10.5.5 kext pack

i have done that but i got stuck in the loop see pic.

308h9wh.jpg

this work as soon as i apply this kext but 1 boot it work and 2 boot i get stuck in the loop that is on about pic.

i go in to the drive by doing -x and remove it and i can get back in.

and also 10.5.6 appleHDA.kext don't work for me so i use the old 10.5.5 and that work.

thanks for your help.

Hey guys,

I made me a little x-mas gift an ordered yesterday:

8x Super Talent 32GB SSDs (approx. 150MB/s read, 100 MB/s write) 76,- EUR each

1x Highpoint 3520 SATA Raid Controler for OS X 445,- EUR

2x FANTEC MR-SA1042-1 Backplane for the 8 SSDs 68,- EUR each

Together: 1200,- EUR

What I like to test:

1st - Highpoint 3520 Raid Controller under OSX86!

2nd - Speed of 8 SSDs in a Raid-5 Array on the Highpoint 3520 Raid Controller

The Highpoint Contoller should be able to max out the speed and performance even of cheap MLC SSDisks,

cause of his 256MB Cache.

I would be very happy to achieve read-rates from 120-130 MB/s and write-rates round about 60-70 MB/s.

In a Raid-5 this should be something about +-800MB/S read and 420MB/s write.

I will give you all the details in setting up the stuff, installing OSX etc. in Details when the hardware arrives.

By the way. If i can get that the speed out of the SSDs it think it is worth the price I paid!

And I use this workstation for work not for private purpose!

22 Dec

New full kexts pack 10.5.6 used

works with Chameleon 1.0.1.11 or 1.0.1.12 AKA EFI9

All hard Drive kexts are latest & vanilla just added device ids

no need for patched IOATAFamily.kext anymore in my case So i used vanilla

It's now working OK, thank you. First try, on restart it hung on the light grey Apple screen, with a small "stop sign" (slashed O) on top of the Apple Icon. After a careful reinstallation, and with -v boot, it stopped with "Still waiting for for root device" message. With my 10.5.5 installation I had the BIOS setting Integrated Peripherals, SATA RAID/AHCI Mode = Disabled. I tried changing that to AHCI and it restarted OK. During OS X setup, I used Transfer information to import my applications and settings from a 10.5.5 backup. The screen eventually froze showing "Transferring Network settings". When HD activity was finished, I powered off, restarted and ran EFI Studio. Everything has been OK since.

Audio is working, but System Profiler shows "No builtin audio" and EFI Studio doesn't have anything for HDEF. I don't use Time Machine -- I like SuperDuper better.

Anyway, overall everything is working well.

I've had a few issues with 10.5.6

Wake from sleep was fine ga-p35-ds3l

But

Bluetooth wasn't working had to replace 2 kexts from 10.5.5

also energy saver/schedule when I tell the computer to shutdown it now reboots. (Not sure how to fix that yet) quick update seems to be a problem with chameleon v1.0.12 went back to 1.0.11 without dsdt and works fine

On a different system after waking from sleep usb mouse goes crazy (haven't fixed but guessing its going to be a case of using usb kexts from 10.5.5)

Could you tell what kexts files you had to replace pleaseeeee ? ;)

I'm guessing you're talking about IOBluetoothFamily.kext but did you just install it with osx86 utility or did you remove those from 10.5.6 before or something like that ?

derpuma it would be nice if you update me on this one I need to know what speeds you are getting I would love to see the speeds ... i need to build a system for video editing ....

I have a different configuration but so far I am happy with 10.5.2 need to know if I would be able to install all adobe, final cut software... software arriving soon!

Hi keksonja,

i will give a detailed report when i setup all the hardware!

I want to use the setup for 3d modeling and video editing too!

I know from a friend who has the same setup (8xssd on a Raid Controller) on a PC WIN XP

and he has amazing speeds.

BR,

derpuma

PS. By the way, are you german?

@peach-os

I made a progress. I was able to run the voodoo Kernel 9.5.0 setup and it works.

I think my Problem before was not to replace the system.kext witch is needed to run with the kernelversion.

But still no luck with Vanilla 9.5.0! If it runs for you can you send me a copy of your kernel and system.kext?

Another thing witch was corrupt after 10.5.6 update and may help others with the same problem:

I was unable to mount DMG Files and had a panic after trying!

Had to replace the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 and then it worked like before!

I was wondering, cause both seatbelt.kext Versions had exactly the same size...

But anyway, if it works now, i'll be happy...

Still wann now if there is a way for the Vanilla on my GA EP45-DS3! :)