 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Thanks a Lot :) with your help another step closer.see pic

Added update to post 1 ,credit goes to you & minority for simple and complete guide

Also Attached with post for XFX7600 GS 265 Mb com.apple.Boot.plist just updated , (first uploaded the wrong one)

You are most welcome.

All credit goes to people who is still working on the gfx-string...

Hi karaakeha1,which software did you use to see your IODevicetree efi? First posting, last image.thanks, apooo
Program name is IORegisteryExplorer install this From: On Retail DVD Optional Install/Xcode Tools/Xcode tools.mpkg

Awesome news Wake UP after XFX 7600GT string is instantaneous

hi

i'm a newbie to the project and i found the idea very interesting cuz i'm tired of my xp and its problems

i'm planning on running leopard but my pc is a little old and i think it can hardly run vista...

pentium 4 2.4 ghz and i checked with cpuz and it's (sse2)

intel chipset 845 wn

768 mb ram (sdram)

ati radeon 9550 (256mb) running on AGP4x

60 gigs of HD (i don't think it's SATA)

so is this possible or i'm gonna have to run tiger?

also is it better if i do a clean installation for leopard then use bootcamp to install xp or do a dual boot keeping my xp

except deleting my whole data r there any risks of damage to my motherboard or BIOS?

i'm using a creative PCI modem for my DIAL UP connection would i have a problem with that?

i read much info and FAQs but i can't be sure about this...

i really appreciate ur help...

Thank's

I've just revolved the problem

It was not BIOS settings wich are close to your's

It was the BIOS Update to F8 (my board is rev1)

so F6 or F7 works fine with wake and sleep but F8 do not

Awsome karaakeha1 & all the rest of ya!

Should receive my 'packages' tomorrow containing a p35-ds4 & 8800gtx. Looking forward to binning my uber unreliable p5ld-vm (contrary to popular belief it has issues imo). Glad that gfx-strings have been discovered for the p35 chipset too.

Will report my findings ;)

Here is something I don't understand. I am doing this method on my laptop now, and I got it to boot with the Leopard intro/setup deal, but now my keyboard/mouse doesn't work. I know this is a PS2 issue, because when I hooked up a USB keyboard/mouse all worked well. I even tried copying ACPIPS2Nub.kext from the iAtkos install DVD, but it didn't work. I also used both vanilla and iAtkos versions of AppleACPI.kext with the same results.

So here is my question why does the iAtkos/Kalyway installs give me keyboard/mouse on my laptop but the retail method does not?

Geeze

Ps still have not done the gfx string deal, but will do that tomorrow for my desktop.

Here is something I don't understand. I am doing this method on my laptop now, and I got it to boot with the Leopard intro/setup deal, but now my keyboard/mouse doesn't work. I know this is a PS2 issue, because when I hooked up a USB keyboard/mouse all worked well. I even tried copying ACPIPS2Nub.kext from the iAtkos install DVD, but it didn't work. I also used both vanilla and iAtkos versions of AppleACPI.kext with the same results.

So here is my question why does the iAtkos/Kalyway installs give me keyboard/mouse on my laptop but the retail method does not?

Geeze

Ps still have not done the gfx string deal, but will do that tomorrow for my desktop.

Try Appleps2controller.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

I've got retail Leo, burned into dl, formatted in GUID, installed EFI_v8, installed Leo from iAtkos applied Taruga's patch for onboard audio, installed VGA drivers from iAtkos and NOT succesfully patched with scripts from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=73952&st=0 (it says something like ... file not found or sth).

I noticed that time machine doesn't work and god knows what else (TM doesn't find disk when I want to set where to backup to)

I'd be most grateful if you could tell me what EXACT modifications (apply this delete that replace another) I need to do in order to run my Leo flawlessly. And ... Do I need to revert patching I've done ?

My specs are in sig

...I'd be most grateful if you could tell me what EXACT modifications (apply this delete that replace another) I need to do in order to run my Leo flawlessly...

See my sig!

I can see it, but our specs differ vastly, do I need to do exactly what your sig says ?

I guess "XFX_7600_GS.zip" would work for my graphics ?

Oh ... and one last thing. I've imported my setings and apps, and couldn't see any difference beside not working TM and "Mac pro" in system info :) Is iLife included in retail Leo ?

When I patched the way you did, it didn't want to boot, instead it told me to "restart by holding down power button for a few seconds or pressing restart button"

Can you tell me which of these are essential and needed no matter what hardware you have ?

Hi!

I followed the instructions, all seemed very well. THANS for that, i will try that with Leo Server, too.

BUT:

Hi!

I just installed Leo from a retail dvd, by following parts of this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=76404&hl= and that http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...5863&hl=....

worked very well, gfx string is great, after all 10.5.0 installations i repaired permissions and all went well.

Then i did the 10.5.1 upgrade and the other available upgrades (including the last security upgrade).

And then i tried to repair permissions again. And BOOM:

Warning: The SUID-File „usr/libexec/load_hdi“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „usr/libexec/authopen“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool“ has been changed and was not repaired

Warning: The SUID-File „System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent“ has been changed and was not repaired

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Flags“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Flowers“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Fruit“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Fung Shui“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Funk Animals“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Gems“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Hollowbody Guitars“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Planets“ is missing.

The "Zugriffssteuerungsliste" for„System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons/Tribal Masks“ is missing.

Dont know the Translation for "Zugriffssteuerungsliste"; kind of permission list.

What is that????

How can i fix that ?

It doesnt look well!!!