[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

With 10.4.1 you will get QuartzExtreme and everything shoult work (DVD, OpenGL), even for 852GM. CoreImage is not so important, most of old Mac dont have it.

Will my version of 10.4.1 have quartz extreme supported. It is called Apple.OS.X.x86.Developer.Kit.Install.DVD-pheNIX. Because you mentioned something that said quartz extreme will only work on the old x86 version of 10.4.1. Is my version the right one. Oh and the file is called Maklar-Tiger.dmg.

Jeah, if its the patched DVD, if its the original Dev DVD, you have to patch it. But if you get it working, you will get QuartzExtreme (Hardware OpenGL for the Intel Extreme)

I tried to install it on a toshiba satellite a55-s1063 that has 852gm and no matter what I tried quartz extreme didn't work. Can I get it to work. I patched it with a patch called Maklar-Tiger patch release 1.

In AppleIntel830.kext & In AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext Info.plist <key>IOPCIMatch</key> <string>0x25828086</string> <--- Change 2582 into yours, delete others, leave only yours

You get your ID from System Profiler, Graphics

I´m not sure about AppleIntel830GA.plugin Info.plist

There is such String like "80862562-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff"

First without it, only change in KEXT Info.plist

Use some Plist Editor to navigate, its easier

+Rights fix after changes

Hi I've been following this thread and applying changes and I still can't get another other resolution on my system other than 1024x768. What I've done so far is download the 2 files:

AppleIntel830.kext

AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext

Put those in my Extensions folder and changed the numbers to my device, chmod and chown them and restart as stated. Am I missing anything else in this? When I downloaded those 2 files there were also like a GA plugins or something and a bundle file which I threw into extensions as well but still no luck. I'm running osx86 10.4.8 so I'm not sure if this fix is supposed to work for that version. Anyone know or have any other suggestions for me?

In AppleIntel830.kext & In AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext Info.plist <key>IOPCIMatch</key> <string>0x25828086</string> <--- Change 2582 into yours, delete others, leave only yours

You get your ID from System Profiler, Graphics

I´m not sure about AppleIntel830GA.plugin Info.plist

There is such String like "80862562-0000-0000-0000-ffffffffffff"

First without it, only change in KEXT Info.plist

Use some Plist Editor to navigate, its easier

+Rights fix after changes

Windows XP tells me that my device ID is 3582 not 2582. So which one do I enter. I am doing this on my cousin's laptop and we tried 10.4.1 before and it didn't work so I put 10.4.7 on it so can't I just put the Apple Intel 830 kexts into 10.4.7 and then change the device ID or does this only work in 10.4.1.

Hi,

I just had an idea that crossed my mind and I have no idea if this would work but basically I have osx86 on a windows machine except my display driver isn't working. What if, I install parallels and then download the appropriate windows driver. Would that in turn help the display on osx? Not sure if that works though, maybe someone tried it?

Hi,

I just had an idea that crossed my mind and I have no idea if this would work but basically I have osx86 on a windows machine except my display driver isn't working. What if, I install parallels and then download the appropriate windows driver. Would that in turn help the display on osx? Not sure if that works though, maybe someone tried it?

I don't think so because osx can't really handle files from windows xp unless darwine is used and even then I don't think it would work.

I could use some help I have a Toshiba Satilite m35x-s149 I have got everything to work except the screen resolution I have tried everything. I have changed the apple830kext file same with the appleintelintegratedgraphics.kext file did the terminal stuff restart and i still only get 1024x768. If any one knows how i can address this issue that would be awsome.

Windows XP tells me that my device ID is 3582 not 2582. So which one do I enter. I am doing this on my cousin's laptop and we tried 10.4.1 before and it didn't work so I put 10.4.7 on it so can't I just put the Apple Intel 830 kexts into 10.4.7 and then change the device ID or does this only work in 10.4.1

Yours then, 3582

3582 is Intel 855GM, 855GME or 852GME

2582 is Intel GMA 9xx

And this works ONLY in 10.4.1

Newer OSX has "something" different in System, os its pointless from QuartzExtreme View

• 2 weeks later...

I have 855GM chipset on a Asus M3N laptop. I was initially trying with version 10.4.4 and was getting no where. With the advice from this forum I got a pached copy of 10.4.1 and was able to get it in 1280x1024 resolution, no QE. I didn't try to get QE because I was unable to open any downloaded software. Only software that came with the 10.4.1 would open but the downloaded software would just bounce once in the dock and not load.

Any one have any idea why I cannot open/load downloaded software in 10.4.1, and how I can fix it?

Hey all,

Some usefull tips on this forum - Cheers ! But I can`t seems to get it to work for me. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I`m running a Dell Dimension D500, 1.3 Ghz (SEE2), with 256MB RAM. It`s got the Intel 830M Intel Chipset onboard, with 64MB shared. I`ve installed JaS`s 10.4.8 Intel.AMD SEE2 SEE3, which installed first time - easy ! (Cheers JaS!) the only problem is the display is a nasty 800*600 grey mess. I`ve tried changing the display in System Prefs, but there are no options. I`ve searched and there are none of the AppleIntel files mentioned installled. I`ve downloaded AppleIntel830.kext and AppleIntegratedGraphics.Kext, and Sudo`d them as pert the instructions, but my display still resembles a crossword puzzle. Anyone any ideas on a possible workround ? All sugestions appreciated !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got QE working, no core image, at resolution 1280x1024, in 10.4.1. Using 855GM, ASUS M3n laptop. Left out the swapping of *915 for *830. Attached is a picture of the proof!

However I'm not able to run software added to the OS. I tried the user-land 10.4.3 update and had no change.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this problem? :( I was able run all software in 10.4.4 but not able to get QE working.

working.tiff

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just installed the Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 and can only get basic video. I have an Intel D865GBL board with on-board video, device ID 2572. I've read threads that mention AppleIntel830.kext and AppleIntel915.kext, but these don't exist in /system/library/extensions in 10.5.1. Does anyone know 1) if these files work for 10.5.1, 2) where to get them, 3) if there's a better way in Leo.

Please help!

Thanks,

Abdul

I installed JaS 10.4.8 on Dell 700M, I followed all the steps, tried many times, ended up with 1024*768 every time..

I am wondering whether there're something wrong with these files(AppleIntel830.kext, AppleIntel830GL, AppleIntel830GA, AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext). Can anyboby send me a copy of those files? my email address is: stephenlew@sina.com.

and any more useful tips on this matter??

thank you!

• 1 month later...

Could someone who has these old kext files put them as attachments in the forum please. My laptop uses 852GM which having the kexts for this chip would be very helpful to me. I have jaS 10.4.8 and uphuck 10.4.9 and neither have the kext files as outlined in this thread and i cannot seem to find an old version. Can someone help me please...many thanks..rog