Guide+Support; to installing EFI v8+ dual booting(Pics)

i_am...me

454 posts in this topic

Where does it stop?

Stops on my realtek card.

RTL8139 fix Enet FlowControl Flow control is disabled

localhost mdnsresponder {23} couldn't read user specified computer name using default bmacintosh 001a73b000bf4b instead

localhost mdnsresponder {23} couldn't read user specified computer name using default bmacintosh 001a73b000bf4 localb instead

localhost mdnsresponder {23} setDomainSecrets: mdnskeychaingetsecrets failed error 0 CFArrayRef 00000000

localhost mdnsresponder {23} couldn't read user specified computer name using default bmacintosh 001a73b000bf4b instead

localhost mdnsresponder {23} couldn't read user specified computer name using default bmacintosh 001a73b000bf4 localb instead

STOPS DEAD Here. What can i do? seems weird that ethernet would hang it but thats where it stops.

Are you using brazil mac?

If you are his newest patches have a problem where they make the video loop, his first ones didnt. i have them if you want em

yes please!!! should i just run the patches over the installation i have now?

thanks for your time "i_am...me" ...if it's cool with you i can PM you my email address?

thanks again...

I have an external drive with 2 GUID partitions. On the first partition, there's Leopard installed with a MacBook.

Is it possible to install EFI on this external drive without a new Leopard install ? With EFI, my drive will be still bootable with a hackintosh and with a MacBook ?

My hackintosh is not finish (I'm waiting the motherboard....). The internal drive must be a MDB partition with a BrazilMac install or is it possible to do a GUID partition with EFI ?

Sorry for my english, but I'm not fluent....

Stops on my realtek card.

RTL8139 fix Enet FlowControl Flow control is disabled

localhost mdnsresponder {23} setDomainSecrets: mdnskeychaingetsecrets failed error 0 CFArrayRef 00000000

STOPS DEAD Here. What can i do? seems weird that ethernet would hang it but thats where it stops.

remove AppleEFIRuntime and add dsmos.kext and all work fine!. Don't forget to repair permission and delete extensions.mkext on library

this is probably a really silly, stupid question, but I've been doing this for far to long to want to make any silly or stupid mistakes.

I assume that in this text which you put in the terminal

sudo -s
*password*
cd /Users/XXX/Desktop/pc_efi_v72
./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsY ./boot_v7_guid_only
dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1
*at this point make sure all partitions are unmounted*
dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

when using pc_efi_v8, you change this value:

to "boot_v8" from the pc_efi_v8 files correct?

remove AppleEFIRuntime and add dsmos.kext and all work fine!. Don't forget to repair permission and delete extensions.mkext on library
I deleted AppleEFIRuntime from System/Library/Extensions/ and added dsmos.kext chown/chmod it also like you said repaired permissions and deleted extensions.mkext and still have the apple logo and its still stopping on my realtek card in verbose mode.Any other ideas? I did this from within another install of leopard if that makes a difference. Also when I repair permissions I get some ACL is unexpected on a few files and it will not repair that. I think I've had that before though and it did not matter.Is extensions.mkext the permission file on the disk? I read that it tells the system what kext files are to be loaded at startup. Also seems to be the permissions on the disc. Is that correct?

Scratch that it DID work! YES THANK YOU FAMOUS ;-)

Turns out I had an older dsmos.kext file and as soon as I got the newest version (prob updated for GUID) it worked. So now I'll have to rewrite my install procedure again.

Format/unmount -> Run script -> install leopard -> Del: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext & AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext & AppleEFIRuntime.kext -> copy dsmos.kext, & ACPIPS2Nub.kext, Natit.kext over and chmod/chown them all and delete extensions.mkext and finally repair permissions.

In short thats it. Other x3100 users who want guid prob the same procedure or close.

this is probably a really silly, stupid question, but I've been doing this for far to long to want to make any silly or stupid mistakes.

I assume that in this text which you put in the terminal

sudo -s
*password*
cd /Users/XXX/Desktop/pc_efi_v72
dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1
*at this point make sure all partitions are unmounted*
dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

when using pc_efi_v8, you change this value:

to "boot_v8" from the pc_efi_v8 files correct?

yes you do. i updated the shell but not the guide. i will do that now thanks for pointing that out

i just reinstalled my ToH version, updated kernel to speedstep. installed efi and updated to 10.5.1. then rebooted and installed the AppleSMBios.kext and all works fine now.

hey, congrats on your install...

can you explain the "updated kernel to speedstep part"

what method did you use to upgrade to 10.5.1 and can you email me your version of AppleSMBIOS.kext?

i've been trying to install with every disk...but i haven't tried to more then three times...

i will send you an IM..thanks

Its AppleSMBIOS.kext isnt it? Thats the boot rom that bootcamp wants. I have the generic one. So if I update that to PC_efi 8.0 version I'm good right?

THANKS

I tried editing it and it didnt work.

And not it doesnt take the boot rom from the smbios it takes it from the IODeviceTree:/rom and im not sure how to edit it.

Thk for this topic

Is it possible to install EFI after (and not before) Leopard ? partition is still bootable for a real Mac or only for a hackintosh ?

Is it possible to have only one drive with EFU and GUID or I must have an other MDB drive ?

Thk for this topic

Is it possible to install EFI after (and not before) Leopard ? partition is still bootable for a real Mac or only for a hackintosh ?

Is it possible to have only one drive with EFU and GUID or I must have an other MDB drive ?

No its not.

You have to completely erase the drive to make it a GUID.

i just realised that efi didnt come with a dsmos.

I deleted the kext cache last time when i used ipguy's dsmos.

where can i find a different dsmos? or are there even any differences among them?

i just found one that came with the brazilmac leopatch.

will that do?

i just realised that efi didnt come with a dsmos.

I deleted the kext cache last time when i used ipguy's dsmos.

where can i find a different dsmos? or are there even any differences among them?

i just found one that came with the brazilmac leopatch.

will that do?

Yes it might.

But i think that may be the one ipguy send u