Bc-Girl's Mac OS X Install DVD - Does anyone know anything about htis release?

digifreak

44 posts in this topic

I actually found some info on this release on isohunt. But I can't link you to the page I found it on, so I can copy the description of it.

This is NOT for AMD, ATI, etc machines. This is a hybrid release of the original installer dvd using pc_efi to start the loader.

I will not answer questions for help. I will not add support for ATI or AMD. The requirements are a real mac or a c2d Intel based machine.

Came from BC-Girl in #osx86scene on irc.moofspeak.net.

From what I understand its a personal build so it will only really have compatibility with systems that match her setup (which was extremely close to a real Mac). I spoke to her about it and other than the addition of EFI I don't think it adds anything new to the table.

BC-Girl is one of the moderators on the OSX86Scene. I was about 50% finished downloading when I left the house this morning (and judging from the slowdown in speed when I left, probably at 51% now). Here's what BC-Girl had to say about her/his own distro from the above mentioned site:

"It has PCEFI embedded in the boot area of the DVD so it will boot like a normal dvd would on a real mac. It at this times supports only Intel Core cpu's and Intel chipsets. It is an otherwise stock DVD (retail, not the pre-release 9A581 that is all over the net). I will start a series of binary patches for the DCD as time permits and demand grows."

he/she was working on this like a week ago, talked about it on irc, it has indeed pc_efi init, im donwloading, at 70% now, and seeding as well (ratio is like 6 or something :) ), will see if this package can be made slim (SL dvd) and repost it on tpb.

Btw did you guys see This ?

OK but it doesn't belong in this thread.. hang on.

I agree with netkas, as i started the thread, and my question was, if anyone knew anything about that release, I think it is of interest.

Oh, just saw, what you wrote above.

You got a point there as well.

This thread is about the release, not the person.

Do you think my solution (read above) was unreasonable? I dont want accusations flying around here.. If people wish to discuss this they can do so on your blog.

As of 2:00 Central time the seeders are gone. Please come back guys!

I hope all the squabbling between parties does not impact our ability to get this release. It sounds like a bootable Leopard DVD would be very valuable to our membership. It would certainly be of use to me.

As of 2:00 Central time the seeders are gone. Please come back guys!

I hope all the squabbling between parties does not impact our ability to get this release. It sounds like a bootable Leopard DVD would be very valuable to our membership. It would certainly be of use to me.

Dont know what all the fuss is about?, now at 66% hope they sort it out and dont pull the plug on us guys and gals.

Plucka

I'm also sitting at 90% too which is a shame. I would have liked to have tried this out tonight. My question to some of the more senior members of the forum is, does the retail disc give you updated files? Meaning has anyone compared the kexts in the ToH release with that of a retail disc?