Bc-Girl's Mac OS X Install DVD - Does anyone know anything about htis release?

digifreak

44 posts in this topic

Hey Plucka,

Where are you getting it from. The torrent from PB is where I am looking and the most anyone has is 0.2%. No Seeders, I'm hoping you can point me to a better place.

Thanks

Sorry mate, I just started DLing it Sunday and havent switched off my computer since, now at 94%, I wont stop until I have it. I will seed for a while as well!

Cheers, Plucka

Finished the download this morning and tried to burn to a +DL disk. I keep getting the message (in disk utility) that media isn't large enough for image. In Toast, the bar remains red, indicating a DL disk isn't big enough. Unless I'm doing something wrong (and I don't think so) this is not really an install disk. It appears to be a backup image of BC_Girl's system. Even though it's a 6.3gb dmg file, it appears to contain info that says it is over 39gb. I'm going to try to restore it using an external usb drive with diskutil to another drive and see what happens. Might not be able to do this before I go to work this morning, but for those who only have a single system, I wouldn't tie it up downloading this until you hear what others have to say about it.

I tried booting into OSX from my usb drive and using disk utility to restore the image to an OSX Journaled partition on an SATA drive. The drive erased, but the restore failed within seconds. I also tried superduper to restore it and had no joy. Can't think of anything I'm doing wrong, but that's always a possibility. Using info on the image shows it's about 36+gb with approx. 29gb free. Don't have to time to play with this anymore until I come home from work this afternoon. If anyone has any ideas, pass them on to me. I have a pretty fast download connection, but if this is bogus, I feel sorry for those on slow connections who will spend days downloading to no avail.

I've discontinued seeding this. I don't want to be responsible for contributing to false advertising. It does not appear to be what it says it is. There's something there, but it's definitely not an install disk in the traditional sense of the word. Maybe pacifist will help determine what it's good for.

Have it DLoaded now, unpacks with RAR OK, info says 6.33Gigs on disc (dmg image) I suppose it will burn, have to buy a DL disc. Opening the dmg shows 3 files, Mac OSX install disc, instructions and optional install files. Anyone gotten any further? Keen to find out if it will work and that leaving the computer on for 2 days and nights was worth it?

Cheers, Plucka

Got it restored on external USB HD (remember in disk util to scan image before restore) but i cant boot from it but it could just as well be the disk that not bootebel!! But it looks like an install disk but jst too big for DL dvd burning!

Hope some gets better results and i willl try tomorrow to make the disk bootebel...

Good luck 2all

More than likely, if you try to restore this to a partition smaller than 36gb, it won't install because it was probably a partition of that size with the basic install of Leopard on it. If it restores, I suppose it might help someone who can't figure out how to install it from scratch, but if it works, it would work from scratch too.

Smells fake...

Probably, though I wouldn't understand why someone would take the time and trouble to upload 6 Gig's of data. Anyway, let's just wait for Uphuck's release, probably this weekend. If that doesn't work for me (though ToH worked quite ok already), I'll go for Uphuck's Tiger release and finally settle on that as my main system for a while.