Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

Some new issues =/

After updating to 10.5.2, kernel + Intel Graphics Update (I deleted the X3100 + GMA950 + AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer and patched again with hacked Dell X3100 kexts), when not booting in Safe Mode, Leo hangs on!

Note: everything looks ok, I use Firefox, System Preferences, etc. So when I right click with mouse (when ANY menu appears on screen, indeed), system crashes!

Am I missing something? SwichtResX not well configurated? :huh:

Some new issues =/

After updating to 10.5.2, kernel + Intel Graphics Update (I deleted the X3100 + GMA950 + AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer and patched again with hacked Dell X3100 kexts), when not booting in Safe Mode, Leo hangs on!

Note: everything looks ok, I use Firefox, System Preferences, etc. So when I right click with mouse (when ANY menu appears on screen, indeed), system crashes!

Am I missing something? SwichtResX not well configurated? :huh:

I have the same problem. Do you have a weird looking dock too? My dock was completely reflective after I did that, and it looked really weird.

I finally got it to work as well! Just installing the Graphics Update did the trick for me...

My system:

Intel GM965 with GMA X3100

Intel C2D T7500

Kalyway 10.5.1, installed with vanilla kernel and ALC883

Kalyway 10.5.2 update + patched kernel and vanilla

Graphics Update by Apple (while running vanilla)

Everything just booted right up, and now sound works as well. The only thing that doesn't, is my wifi and the AltGr button (azerty).

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model:	GMA X3100
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	144 MB
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x2a02
 Revision ID:	0x0003
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1280 x 800
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Built-In:	Yes
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
Display Connector:

Hey eXpy!

I have a question about your last post:

You said:

I finally got it to work as well! Just installing the Graphics Update did the trick for me...

My system:

Intel GM965 with GMA X3100

Intel C2D T7500

Kalyway 10.5.1, installed with vanilla kernel and ALC883

Kalyway 10.5.2 update + patched kernel and vanilla

Graphics Update by Apple (while running vanilla)

Everything just booted right up, and now sound works as well. The only thing that doesn't, is my wifi and the AltGr button (azerty).

--------------------------------------

I allso installed the kalyway 10.5.2 combo update only i dont know what you mean by the patched kernel and vanilla. I can't get my X3100 to work properly, but the system looks fine, audio works, lan works, but no working x3100 :P

Anyone on this thread know how to get external display working correctly? Specifically for Dell laptops? I have the GMAx3100 and it works with the internal display with iATKOS 1.0, but external display is scrambled.

The other version (Kalyway) works only when the external display is connected, but no internal. Wierd wierd.

Any luck? I have an external monitor I hook up to my laptop from time to time, wondering if anyone got it working.

Many thanks!

I'm running a default install of Leo4All v2 10.5.2 on a Core 2 Duo Gateway laptop with GMA X3100 video. I am using the Apple Graphic Update 10.5.2 Kexts from a Macbook and Natit.kext.

I can adjust my resolution, but QE is listed as "not supported" in the Profiler.

Since some programs require QE to run properly (or at all), what steps can I do to enable it? One thread was talking about changing the Device ID in the Kext files to enable QE--but which kexts do I need to check and where is the Device ID located in the Kext Bundle?

Thanks for the help,

I'm running a default install of Leo4All v2 10.5.2 on a Core 2 Duo Gateway laptop with GMA X3100 video. I am using the Apple Graphic Update 10.5.2 Kexts from a Macbook and Natit.kext.

I can adjust my resolution, but QE is listed as "not supported" in the Profiler.

Since some programs require QE to run properly (or at all), what steps can I do to enable it? One thread was talking about changing the Device ID in the Kext files to enable QE--but which kexts do I need to check and where is the Device ID located in the Kext Bundle?

Thanks for the help,

Where did you get the macbook 10.5.2 x3100 kext and the natit kext?? I wanna try that to!

Is it possible for you to post your original kext so I can try that to?

Hi,

I tried, but the GL driver bundle is too large (2.3MB) to upload to this forum.

BTW Following some instructions I found yesterday, I reinstalled the all the kexts, repaired permissions and rebooted and now my X3100 is working 100% with full hardware acceleration and QE!!

my notebook is hp6520s 259pa

graphic card is gma x3100,my driver id is 2a12

i have added my driver id in natit.kext

when i restart ,my card doesn't work,i can't change resolution

i also install gmax3100.pkg also useless

anyone with gmax3100 with driver id 2a12 can fix the problem?

thank you !!!

I have the same problem. Do you have a weird looking dock too? My dock was completely reflective after I did that, and it looked really weird.

Exactly the same... weird dock.. and work until some menu appears (right mouse click, programs menu, etc)

Well.. I reinstall and do not upgrade the Intel Graphics... all works fine...

Hi,

I tried, but the GL driver bundle is too large (2.3MB) to upload to this forum.

BTW Following some instructions I found yesterday, I reinstalled the all the kexts, repaired permissions and rebooted and now my X3100 is working 100% with full hardware acceleration and QE!!

Can you post a link to those instructions and upload to any file share site?(mediafire is easy&free) Im sure everyone would greatly appriciate it, you would help out so many people.

-Steve

Couldn't get internal display on with natit.kext plus a couple of gmax3100 kext (removed appleintegratedframebuffer). Will only work on external display and hangs before the desktop and dock could load (even with -x).

It's a Dell 1525 on GMA X3100 (VEN_8086&DEV_2a02)

i installed kexts for x3100 from 10.5.1 delete framebuffer.kext and then install natit but if i do the leopard graphics update opengl bundle will crash and screensaver or anything that uses opengl will not work even pages will crash.. however if i dont do the leopard graphics update the performance is sluggish and open gl test in xbench give me like 15 frames/sec and even the dock is sluggish... any ideas???

This is what happening when the natit loads:

Apr 10 23:10:50 localhost kernel[0]: Alkor: Starting.

Apr 10 23:10:50 localhost kernel[0]: Chosen model Not supported.

Apr 10 23:10:50 localhost kernel[0]: Alkor: Required dictionaries not found in plist

Apr 10 23:10:50 localhost kernel[0]: Alkor: Required dictionaries not found in plist

My device id is 0x2a12 and I put it in both natit and x3100 kexts-

Any idea?

Noob here. Okay, I'm completely confused after reading through most of this thread.

I've gotten leo4allv2 installed and everything works except my GMA X3100.

What do I delete from my extensions folder exactly?

What kext(s) do I install using kexthelper?

Anyone?

Hi,

having problem with Natit.kext by paulicat,

I am use a DELL D630 laptop with X3100 graphic, after I installed these kext, I can boot up and internal display works fine(1280x800).

But I have problem with external LCD, I just plug in a external 17' LCD and after reboot, I have got the desktop spaning over internal and external displays, but the external display was set to incorrect resolution.

after I change external dispaly resolution to 1280x1024, the internal display went black, so I can't see my menu anymore.

then I tried to change display mode to duplicate display, here comes the problem,

both display displays color strips, seems like out of sync pattern, and have no way to trun it back to span display.

I have tried to reboot again, if I unplug the external display, internal display works fine, but if I plug in external display, it goes into color strip again.

Anybody know how to change the duplicate display back to span desktop, without plug in the external display?

or anybody have any clue of how can make my setup work fine with out color stips?

I have search a lot on this forum, but no finding, any clue will be appreciated, Thanks!

This is what happening when the natit loads:

My device id is 0x2a12 and I put it in both natit and x3100 kexts-

Any idea?

bump since I'm having the same issue.