OS X 10.4.11 released,anyone working on it?

Hiko

58 posts in this topic

check this news:

http://www.iigy.com/2007/11/14/apple-relea...-x-tiger-10411/

Apple today released Mac OS X 10.4.11 which is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Tiger and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. This update also includes Safari 3, the latest version of Apple's web browser.

Mac OS X 10.4.11 is available via Software Update and also as standalone installers.

More info and download links:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC) - 180.8MB

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update (Intel) - 128MB

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel) - 321.5MB

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update (PPC) - 67.9MB

check this news:

http://www.iigy.com/2007/11/14/apple-relea...-x-tiger-10411/

Apple today released Mac OS X 10.4.11 which is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Tiger and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. This update also includes Safari 3, the latest version of Apple's web browser.

Mac OS X 10.4.11 is available via Software Update and also as standalone installers.

More info and download links:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC) - 180.8MB

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update (Intel) - 128MB

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel) - 321.5MB

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update (PPC) - 67.9MB

I'm working on downloading it...

for my G4 PowerMac...

But I did have a useful thought - extract Safari 3 final from the installer to put on all macs ^_^

except that safari 3 may be dependant on certain things that "all macs" might not have.... i could be wrong but it would be like trying to run ie7 on windows 98. anything older than xp just doesn't have the right stuff to run it. ^_^

How I can install Efi emulation? I saw PC efi V5.0 in netkas blog http://netkas.freeflux.net/blog/ but I didn't see a link to download or install intructions, Thanks. :wacko:

you can get it from irc, #leopard irc.osx86.hu I'm also looking for help with install for AMD. but if you use intel look at this one http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/734/howt...-in-hackintosh/

except that safari 3 may be dependant on certain things that "all macs" might not have.... i could be wrong but it would be like trying to run ie7 on windows 98. anything older than xp just doesn't have the right stuff to run it. :blink:

Well, my PPC update of tiger.11 has PowerPC-only version of Safari 3.0.4 included. That definately won't run on all macs, but it might work on my 10.3.9 iBook... trying that next, but now I'm going to try the Intel Delta update for this other mac - and it doesn't work by itself... I had to copy the JavaScriptCore.framework AND the WebKit.framework from the installer package at /System/Library/Frameworks/

So, now I'm posting from the new Safari 3.0.4 (intel) from 10.4.10 - no time to break the system altogether with the new update, have to go 2 work. But here's how to get Safari 3 final by itself - navigate to your HDD /System/Library/Frameworks/ and back up your "JavaScriptCore.framework" and "WebKit.framework"

Then you can just use Pacifist to install Safari from installer/Applications and the 2 frameworks from installer/System/Library/Frameworks/

Or extract the 3 parts above (app plus 2 frameworks) to somewhere, navigate to that directory in Terminal, and use "sudo cp -R (each of the 2 frameworks) /System/Library/Frameworks/"

Then repair permissions, and Safari 3 should work. BTW, Gmail chat works in the new version :D

There is a fast way to do it. I have the Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r2 installed on my laptop and than I downloaded the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Intel and do the follow:

Below are the steps to update your computer to 10.4.*:

1) Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following (line by line):

Code:

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /

2) Keep terminal open.

3) Open disk utility and keep it open

4) Run Software Update or download the file and run it. But if you use the Software update :deselect everything but the 10.4.* intel update and install it (AND DO NOT RESTART---IGNORE THE INSTALLER WINDOW)

5) Open terminal and type the following:
CODE

Code:

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/

rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*

6) Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition

7)Reboot {Remember this that after you restart, the computer might reboot and not enter the system, But just let it do its stuff and let it reboot and after that you have the new Version of 10.4.10 or 10.4.11 working and running. I have it 100%.

Everyone have fun and get thoses great upgrades.

There is a fast way to do it. I have the Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r2 installed on my laptop and than I downloaded the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Intel and do the follow:

Below are the steps to update your computer to 10.4.*:

1) Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following (line by line):

Code:

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /

2) Keep terminal open.

4) Run Software Update or download the file and run it. But if you use the Software update :deselect everything but the 10.4.* intel update and install it (AND DO NOT RESTART---IGNORE THE INSTALLER WINDOW)

CODE

Code:

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/

rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*

6) Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition

7)Reboot {Remember this that after you restart, the computer might reboot and not enter the system, But just let it do its stuff and let it reboot and after that you have the new Version of 10.4.10 or 10.4.11 working and running. I have it 100%.

This method worked for me. All seems good here. => P5LD2-VM / XFX 7600GT / Celeron D / etc

I used the Delta update (not the combo) going from Tiger.10 to Tiger.11

Looking inside the update package, it appears that Loginwindow, AppleAPIC.kext, and AppleSMBIOS.kext are not there - so they probably were not updated and you could cut the work in half above by leaving them (but back them up of course).

Thanx to grmiller.

Hey guys, I tried this on my laptop and seem to have lost my login window. It just stops at the blue screen but without anything on it. I cut and pasted the lines from the post. My laptop does have GMA 950 video and I know that may be an issue. Any ideas?

Ohhhh yeahhh baby! I got to it work. Thanks guys for posting the instructions. I think it was my GMA 950 that was buggin'. I extracted the gma 950 package with pacifist from uphuck 1.3 dvd, and instead of upgrading straight to 4.11, I went to 4.10 first, then 4.11. Now it is up and running and I can try this on my main machine. I'll just kick back and let the leopard dust settle now...

mine didn't come back. Freezes on reboot, only blue screen after the apple logo. Something is wrong but don't know what. :D any help greatly appreciated. Was updating it from 4.8 (Jas ver) to 4.11 (from apple)

There is a fast way to do it. I have the Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r2 installed on my laptop and than I downloaded the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Intel and do the follow:Below are the steps to update your computer to 10.4.*: 1) Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following (line by line):
Code:cp /mach_kernel /oldcp -R /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app /cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /cp -R /system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /2) Keep terminal open.
CODECode:cp /old /mach_kernelcp -R /loginwindow.app /system/library/coreservices/cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /system/library/extensions/cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /system/library/extensions/cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /system/library/extensions/cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/rm -rf /system/library/extensions.*6) Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition
7)Reboot {Remember this that after you restart, the computer might reboot and not enter the system, But just let it do its stuff and let it reboot and after that you have the new Version of 10.4.10 or 10.4.11 working and running. I have it 100%. Everyone have fun and get thoses great upgrades.
it works for me.. thanks man
mine didn't come back. Freezes on reboot, only blue screen after the apple logo. Something is wrong but don't know what. :hysterical: any help greatly appreciated. Was updating it from 4.8 (Jas ver) to 4.11 (from apple)
from 4.8 to 4.11????i dont think thats a good idea. why dont you get uphuck 10.4.9 dvd?download from usenet.or can you tell me about ur pc or laptop?

You need System.kext to mount DMG's either you didnt back up the one you have from your previous install or your system is just trippin out, what u can do it get the system kext from a 10.4.8 or Uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.3 DVD i believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure im right due to the fact that this happened to me once. :hysterical:

There is a fast way to do it.(snip)

Worked perfectly, although the tip could use some capitalization of paths. ;) ... Here's to my Hac running 10.4.11 (more or less) perfectly. I'll get to the EFI thing when the first 10.5(.1) distro with it included comes along, although I might rather stay with my incredibly stable 10.4.11 now...

Hi all. I installed the 10.4.11 update with the instructions given in this post. Wow, it worked! The only problem I now see is that my video resolutions (System Preferences: Displays) are now gone. All that's left is 1024x768. I can force it to a higher one via the Boot.plist, but Displays shows a refresh rate of "n/a" when it used to show actual Hz listings. Also, my mouse pointer now flickers if anything under it changes -- when I use the dock, the pointer disappears completely until I stop moving the mouse. At first, I thought the video driver hadn't loaded, but I can see the name "GMA 950" in the System Profiler (I think it only shows the name if the driver is loaded -- I'm probably wrong about that though :-)

Any thoughts? My system specs are included in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=381449

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that sound isn't working either... maybe something more is going on than I thought.

Thanks,

David