OS X 10.4.11 released,anyone working on it?

Hiko

58 posts in this topic

i couldnt upgrade at all.

i can install leo with PCI_Efi and all, but not 10.4.11

my system:

Dell 9300

Pentium M SSE2

6800go

2915abg

anyone who installed can pm me or post it here? =o

i would like to have 10.4.11 =(

when i tried it i had no kernel panics, it just hangs at the end of booting.

tried it with pci kernel and No_pci kernel from 10.4.11 irc..

thanks for reading. =)

Followed instructions and everything is working, 1680x1050 res, HD audio w/optical output, LAN, both cores , everything, great install. Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L , Intel Conroe E6600, 2GB RAM 250GB SATA Seagate 7200 RPM HD. 160GB WD PATA for Vista Ultimate. 160GB SATA Seagate for Windows XP. Does a great triple boot using the F12 boot menu key on startup.cap1.tiff

This worked for me too.

Although I am running into a very minor issue. Sometimes after I reboot the machine, it gives me the normal gray apple logo screen , and when the monitor goes to switch resolutions before giving me my desktop, it remains black. I see the monitor LED switch to green meaning it gets a signal, but nothing happens after that. I did have one time where it moved on to the blue desktop, but no icons or dock or wallpaper came up.

However, if I reboot the machine again, the system boots just fine.

The fast way from post #11 worked for me also

I have a Jas 10.4.8 upgraded to 10.4.9 according to this post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=45283&hl=

My setup

Badaxe2

core 2 duo

Ati x1950gt

Cheers

* After install had to re-install my video drivers to enable quartz extreme

thx for the head up. Now i understand why mine doesn't work from 4.8 to 4.11 :rolleyes:

Have since re-installed to mac.nub 4.10 instead, will try the same method in post 11 again soon.

Hi all,

I've reading InsanelyMac Osx86 forum for quite a long time but this is my first post.

Wanna know why?

Well, it's the first time i've been able to use Software Update to for a system update :D

I had 10.4.10 running 8.10.1 kernel from netkas, I installed pc_efi v4.0.

At first I tried the 10.4.11 combo update but it screwed my system up.

After recloning my partition back to a working 10.4.10, i thought i'd try 10.4.11 update (not combo), but whith not much confidence it would work.

Well, I was wrong...

It did work out of the box!

Only needed to replace IONetworking kext and Apple HDAudio kext)with backed up ones to get network and sound working again.

And remove Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext.

Nothing more.

My rig:

MB: Asus P5W DH (need patched IONetwork kext and patched AppleHDAudio)

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 4400 @ 3.0Ghz

GC: Radeon X1600pro (this sucks for Quake 4 but otherwise is perfect for every day use)

Thanks all to you who made this possible (starting with Maxxuss, if anyone remembers him :)

I've spend a lot of time with different versions from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10 and for me the easiest way to have 10.4.11 is to install Kayway-10.4.10. Then do the software update and reboot with the same DVD. After, you go to terminal and do the script with "pc_efi" on your USB-Flash. It take a second. Close the terminal and repair permissions. Reboot!!!

The fast way from post #11 worked for me also

I have a Jas 10.4.8 upgraded to 10.4.9 according to this post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=45283&hl=

My setup

Badaxe2

core 2 duo

Ati x1950gt

Cheers

* After install had to re-install my video drivers to enable quartz extreme

Repoz, your system will easily take to EFI, with a minimum of effort. Then Apple update will work directly. I just did it on two of my Tiger disks. Checked and saw that the kernel was updated to 8.11.1 also. Leopard will also install very easily on your system.

ok, here's the update. Installed a ver 4.10 from mac.nub & then patched it to 4.11 from apple site as instructed. Everything went great for the laptop. thx guys for all the tips!! :P

btw, i can't find the control for Bluetooth in the Sys preference anymore in ver 4.10. Any tips on that?

cheerios... :)

How do I get pc_efi command ?

I have the efi package but it makes me wonder that I don;t have the right version.

Also, I understand that installing efi will allow me to run any direct upgrades from apple on my hac- is that correct ?

Would efi work with a dual Vista boot ?

Repoz, your system will easily take to EFI, with a minimum of effort. Then Apple update will work directly. I just did it on two of my Tiger disks. Checked and saw that the kernel was updated to 8.11.1 also. Leopard will also install very easily on your system.

hey will this update work with the 8.8.1 kernel? its the only one that worked for my video card (gf4 ti-4200 128mb agp) w/semthex kernel natit_uni installer..

im currently running 10.4.10 on a p4 2.4 and it runs flawlessly

thanks

Well I've tried two ways to run pc_efi version 52 - one installing it on my partition and one using grub for dos and in both cases after I use system update to update from XxX 10.4.10 to 10.4.11 I get stuck on reboot immediately after "starting cpu 01".

I'll try downloading just the update for intel and see if that works but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or advice...

My system should be ok - Gigabyte P35-DQ6 with an Intel E6750.

Thanks,

SMF

UPDATE: Downloading and installing the update for intel (not the combo) still didn't work. I had the same problem with boot hanging at the "starting cpu 01" point.

grmiller's instructions from page 1 worked fine for me also. ThinkPad T41 laptop. I started with XxX 10.4.10.

Just remember to add any kext's you added to your install to the backup/restore terminal commands. I added IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Everything is fine, posting from Safari 3.0.4! It's even running cooler now. Under 10.4.10 it ran quite hot.

The ToH 10.5 DVD won't even boot on this, so it looks like 10.4.11 is the end of the line for this machine. Fortunately I have 10.5 on my desktop Hack, and also on a MDD Dual 1.25 GHZ G4 Mac!

[edit]: Further testing reveals that System Profiler crashes. Everything else seems OK so far.

[edit2]: Replaced the /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter with the 10.4.9 one. Working fine now.

Anyone else experiencing problems running the update on 8.10.1 and 8.11.1 kernels? I had it (uphuck 1.4i r2) updated to 10.4.10 with the 8.10.1 kernel, running fine, but 10.4.11 just continuously reboots (with both .10 and .11 kernels) when I try to start it. I can only get it to run on the 8.9.x kernel.