Asus Claims Apple is Building a Tablet PC

REVENGE

18 posts in this topic

CNET UK reports that during dinnertime, an Asus executive let leak that "Asus is helping Apple build a Tablet PC." Coinciding with the fact that Asus is one of Apple's contract manufacturer, this news confirms the speculation of many that Apple is seeking to enter the Tablet PC market. No further details are known, but it is practically a given that such a Tablet PC would be Intel Core architecture based [santa Rosa specifically], with most likely a revised Leopard incorporating support for hardware multi-touch, writing recognition, and 'Coverflow' interfaces.

On a personal note, this is THE Apple product I have been waiting for. The drool fest starts now...

Source: CNET UK

I had that idea of a tablet once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trmNCe90dws :lol:

My point is that iPod Touch / iPhone are clearly tablets (they operate by touch screen) and PCs (they run OS X).

As Apple already builds iPods is a variety of sizes, it would be silly for them not to offer large screen versions of iPod Touch that approach the size of table PCs.

I tend to agree about the keyboard thing... imagine one that would slide out like a slider phone! Keeping with the current thinness of the keyboards, it's very doable. And it would be cooler than a swivel.

Instead of folding up and twisting to get a keyboard, you would slide out and fold. Think about it!

And owning an iPod touch, a virtual keyboard actually wouldn't be that bad of an idea, provided the thing is priced right. But as a main machine (or even just if it could stand a chance as a main machine, like my Powerbook 12") they do need to add a keyboard in there somewhere...

If they get the form factor and keyboard right, this thing is going to be the next big thing... or at least on of them.

I would love such a device for school...

iTablet

Naw, they'll call it the iSlate :P

I've been hearing about this tablet for a while now. I personally don't really consider it a rumor. I've read many other credible reports about it and it makes a LOT of sense for Apple to do this. This is going to be one awsome Macworld :mellow: