HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

Hey Albert, did Glauber's method work? Or did you have to do it Empra's way?

I installed ToH fine, then tried the rofl fix (so that I can boot without the CD), but just get the blinking "_" and that's it.

If not, Empra, can you provide a little bit more detailed information on doing it with kalway? First, where do I find it, "in the usual places?" And second, if I do use kalway to make the partition bootable, does that I mean I have to re-install leopard?

Sorry for the questions, I'm new at osx86, but lovin' it!

Thanks!

Hey hoopplaya4 i used Glauber's way and it worked perfectly, then i was trying to get Vista and Leopard to dualboot and failed .. i then reinstalled Leopard and Manually added OS X's Bootloader(Glauber's way) and i got the same as you with the blinking underscore _. I did it many times and still the same, I even deleted OS X's partition and restarted with a new fresh leopard install and still got the same results.. Im thinking im just gonna Format the entire HD and Make 4 Partitions (Vista, OS X, Linux, Shared), and use Linux'es Grub bootloader to boot Vista and OS X, i know for sure it will work that way because iv done it in the past, its just that don't want 3 OS's on my Laptop.. i don't use linux much so its gonna be a waste of HD Space.

I havn't used Empras way since Glauber's seems way much easier to me, just that it takes 10+ min to load os x'es Installer!!!!

I have the HP Pavilion dv6205us

I installed Leopard using the ToH disc and after installing it, it found the Wireless without any tweaking.

It also found my Intel GMA950 display with no issue and was set at the correct resolution when booting up.

I have it now on 10.5.1. If you follow the links below this, you will see a screenshot of my Intel Core Solo (WTF is up with that) and it being on 10.5.1. The ZIP file you will download has a read me with the necessary files that I myself have used to get my HP on 10.5.1.

Screenshot:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4jwxmyzfiio&thumb=4

ZIP File Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5xnctfwmjme

I have HP DV6315ca core 2 duo

searching for resolution to my new blue screen problem since updating to 10.5.1

working before update:

video (1280x800), VGA out (1440x900), S-Video to TV also working out of the box

audio with patch

battery with patch

HP remote out of the box

built-in web cam out of the box

USB

Firewire

Volume media buttons

Function buttons for screen brightness, video switching

wireless, patched or it is picked up by OS as built-in ethernet

Built-in ethernet works if wireless is patched

EFI V8 working, profiler FINALLY picks up my processor as core 2 duo, instead of core solo

no working:

audio line-in/out

card reader

PCI slot

all in all almost a perfect system, once I find the solution to my blue screen :blink:

DV6626us

Processor Brand:Intel Processor Class:Core 2 Duo Processor Processor Number:T5250 Processor Speed:1.5 GHz Front Side Bus:667 MHz Mobile Technology:Centrino L2 Cache Size:2 MB Memory Type:DDR2-SDRAM Installed Memory:1 GB Maximum Memory:2 GB Memory Slots Total:2 Memory Slots Available:0 Total Hard Drive Capacity:160 GB Drive Controllers:SATA-150 Rotational Speed:5400 RPM Optical Drives:LightScribe Double Layer DVD+/-RW SuperMulti Drive:

Additional Drives:LightScribe DL DVD SuperMulti Sound Support:Digital Audio (16-bit) Video Chipset Brand:Intel Video Chipset:Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100 Total Available Graphics Memory (Vista):251 MB Resolution:1280 x 800 Screen Size:15.4 in Screen Type:Active Matrix LCD (TFT) Physical Aspect Ratio:16:10 (Widescreen)

Everything working

execept:

Audio Realtek ALC268

Wireless Intel 3945abg

Finally got 10.5.1 working by changing the video kexts after update

Almost perfect system, if I can only find a fix for the audio in/out working, not alot of hope :)

also had to reinstall power management bundle after update

EVERYTHING else working, very cool

also dual booting alongside vista

Has anyone managed to get the line in/out working on an HP. I have everything working perfectly but my audio in/out, even the stupid webcam works but haven't been able to find a way to get external audio, only built-in speakers. Have to use external card whenever I want to record.running 10.5.1 EFI vanilla kernelFor anyone who hasn't seen it, it's pretty cool: system profiler reads model identifier as HP Pavilion dv6000 :)

I have the HP Pavilion dv6205usI installed Leopard using the ToH disc and after installing it, it found the Wireless without any tweaking.It also found my Intel GMA950 display with no issue and was set at the correct resolution when booting up.I have it now on 10.5.1. If you follow the links below this, you will see a screenshot of my Intel Core Solo (WTF is up with that) and it being on 10.5.1. The ZIP file you will download has a read me with the necessary files that I myself have used to get my HP on 10.5.1.Screenshot:
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4jwxmyzfiio&thumb=4

ZIP File Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5xnctfwmjme

mine reported as core solo too until I installed EFI and Vanilla kernel. Now in about this Mac it shows as core 2 duo, and under system profiler it show 2 cores.

I have a dv9000 series and am trying OSX for the first time

Here's some specs:

CPU: Core2Duo @ 2GHZ

RAM: 2GB

HD: 2 x 100GB

Graphics: GFgo7600 256MB

My story: I would love to dual or multi-boot with Vista, Leopard (and possibly Ubuntu). I ran the leopard install and everything went fine. It allowed me to format the second hard drive and install Leopard there.

But when it came time to configure the boot loader, I chickened out because I didn't want to lose Vista booting. So, I just rebooted without installing the boot loader.

Now I have Leopard sitting on the second drive and I don't know how to boot it.

Any ideas?

(complete b00by, i mean... n00b here. thanks!)

I have a dv9000 series and am trying OSX for the first time

Here's some specs:

CPU: Core2Duo @ 2GHZ

RAM: 2GB

HD: 2 x 100GB

Graphics: GFgo7600 256MB

My story: I would love to dual or multi-boot with Vista, Leopard (and possibly Ubuntu). I ran the leopard install and everything went fine. It allowed me to format the second hard drive and install Leopard there.

But when it came time to configure the boot loader, I chickened out because I didn't want to lose Vista booting. So, I just rebooted without installing the boot loader.

Now I have Leopard sitting on the second drive and I don't know how to boot it.

Any ideas?

(complete b00by, i mean... n00b here. thanks!)

Just use EasyBCD(http://neosmart.net/downloads/software/EasyBCD/EasyBCD%201.7.1.exe) on vista. Add a new entry and choose MacOSX. Easy.

• 3 weeks later...

the easiest multiboot solution i've found is from: http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/

If the PC is Vista only, put ntldr(get one from your XP installation CD), tboot and a boot.ini file to your Vista boot partition, for example

[boot loader]

timeout=0

default=c:\tboot

[operating systems]

c:\tboot="Mac OSX Leopard"

Vista will automatically detect and add the Leopard entry on next boot.

it works, and it's easy!

that said, i have dv9260nr (i think)

i have kalyway 10.5.1 installed. everything works pretty much except:

no battery indicator (going to try the powermanagement solution from elsewhere here and hope time machine can save me)

front row works, but if i poke around in there a bit, the screen goes grey and i can't get it back on

sleeping seems to work, but if i try to wake computer, the screen goes grey and i can't get it back on

audio line out doesn't work with azalia.kext

that's all i can think of now.

anyone else have solution to similar problems? thanks!

IAtkos v1.0i

works awesome but-

no wifi- going to use usb wifi :D

no webcam- who needs a webcam ;)

no sound- this needs fixxing :(

anybody know a fix for the sound?

HP DV6565us

2 GB RAM

1.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 dual-core processor

200 GB Serial ATA hard drive

8x LightScribe DVD-/+RW drive

WebCam

3 USB, 1 FireWire

1 VGA, 1 S-Video

expansion port 3 connector

ExpressCard 54/34

5-in-1 memory card reader

Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)

10/100 Ethernet

Intel GMA X3100, 384 MB shared memory

windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)

Hi Guys,

I'll be getting a dv9000 (intel) in a few days from work, and have one question seeing that there has been successful installs of leopard. Will the keyboard and touchpad work ? or would i have to patch it ? . I'm asking because on my previous laptop the keyboard and mouse pad did not :(

Thanks and best Regards.

I've installed on my dv6000 with Kalyway with few problems. However, my webcam (actually kinda want it), line-in, and wireless of course. I noticed that some of you could only boot from the install disc, as did I. I eventually found that Kalyway can't support spaces in the volume name (hence, my "Macintosh HD" would not work). After reinstalling with the partition renamed "Leopard," it now boots from the hard disk. If anyone knows of a webcam solution, I would appreciate it, as it does seem that it works on my model.

I'm thinking of buying the "HP DV9750US" (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834147559)

Do you guys think this will be compatible? Also, what kind of wireless cards do the 9000 series HP laptops support? Looking to run iATKOS Leopard.

Any feedback on this system is appreciated....

I'm not sure about the dv9000 specifically, but if you go with the wireless option of a/b/g with bluetooth, it will most likely be the intel 3945 which has no drivers and seems to not have prospects of having any developed anytime soon. Scratch that; it looks like there has been some genuine progress made very recently. I wouldn't put it out of reach that there will be a working driver in the near future.

I'm not sure about the dv9000 specifically, but if you go with the wireless option of a/b/g with bluetooth, it will most likely be the intel 3945 which has no drivers and seems to not have prospects of having any developed anytime soon. Scratch that; it looks like there has been some genuine progress made very recently. I wouldn't put it out of reach that there will be a working driver in the near future.

O ya? U got a link to the post or anything. Interested to find out more information

Hi everyone! I personally own a dv6244us and I was able to get Leopard to run with iATKOS v1.0, dual boot with Vista Home Premium

What's Working:

- Intel HD Conexant Audio, Headphone Jacks

- Intel GMA 950, 1280x800 Resolution, Out of Box

- USB and Firewire (Tested)

- Lightscribe Dual Layer DVD Burner (Tested, Burns perfectly)

- Dual Display Supported

- Intel Ethernet (Tested)

- CPU Speedstep (Fan fluctuates based off load)

- Touch Sensitive QuickPlay Buttons (Play, Pause, Next, Back, Mute, Volume Slider)

What's Not Working:

- Integrated Webcam, not recognized (I really want this, can anyone help me with this please???)

- Line In/Out Jack

- Integrated Microphone

- Card Reader (Fails to Load)

- Intel Wireless 3945 (Replaced with D-Link DUA-1340 USB Adapter w/ Ralink 1.4 Drivers)

- Sleep works sometimes and other times it locks up the display

I'm hoping you guys can provide some help regarding the Webcam, since that's the only main reason why I'm not willing to switch over to Leopard yet. Other than that though, everything runs smoothly. Hope that info helps! :)

Leopard Install:

iATKOS 1.0i with EFI and Vanilla Kernel

Dual Boot with Vista Home Premium using the Vista Bootloader (configured with Easy BCD)

HP Laptop Model:

HP dv9200 CTO

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0GHz

2GB DDR2 667

1 - 100GB HD with Vista

1 - 80GB HD with Leopard both internal

nVidia GeforceGo 7600 256MB

What Works:

- Video - nVidia GeforceGo 7600 256MB - 1680X1050 full QE support out of the box

- DVD Burner - burns discs perfectly

- Expresscard Slot - installed a Novatel v740 EVDO Rev. A card and connected to the internet

- USB ports - have plugged in several devices including a flatbed scanner successfully

- Audio - Out of the box through main speakers only

- Webcam - Worked out of the box, surprised me by asking to take my picture for the user profile

- Infrared receiver - included remote works for volume, mute anywhere in the OS and arrow keys on DVD menus only in DVD player

- Quicklaunch buttons for mute and volume only, but the color does not change when the sound is muted

- Bluetooth - works great with my bluetooth mouse and even discovered my blackberry on it's own and added a bluetooth DUN profile.

- Keyboard

- Trackpad

Edit: Marking out the following line 01/20/08

- CPU fan throttling - laptop runs cooler than in Vista (much MUCH cooler)

About This Mac shows the correct Proccessor, speed, RAM and speed of RAM

Am able to run software updates directly from Apple successfully due to the vanilla kernel and EFI.

What Doesn't Work:

- Intel Wireless - No Surprise

- Card Reader

- Front audio ports

- Every Quicklaunch Button other than the volume and mute (amazed the volume and mute works)

- Sleep - Doesn't wake up

- No battery indicator (Edit: Added 01/20/08)

Information for the video card shows it as an Unknown nVidia and with half the amount of RAM. I know this is just a cosmetic issue as the Darwin loader shows the correct amount of VRAM and the 3D performance is excellent. (World of Warcraft plays beautifully...when I can connect)

What hasn't been tested yet:

- VGA and HDMI ports - possibly the VGA might work, don't know. Not expecting the HDMI port to work at all

- Firewire

- Modem - Doubting this will work as the System Profiler says "No Information Found" for the modem

- Expansion Dock port - don't have one to try it out with

What was once working and now is not:

Wired Ethernet - This is very perplexing and EXTREMELY frustrating to me at this point. At first, the Intel ethernet adapter was recognized and pulled an IP address when the cable was plugged in. Then, one day while relaxing with some World of Warcraft the eth0 interface suddenly dropped and shows as not connected. No amount of resetting the interface or manually configuring the TCP/IP info will get it back.

Edit: NOW it works when I disable it and re-enable it in Network Prefrences, though it still shows as Not Connected, it pulls DHCP info now, hopefully 10.5.2 will help some.

Another note is that when I originally installed I experienced the Looping "Welcome to Mac" screen where it would ask you if you had a Mac before or if this is your first mac. When you would choose this is your first mac and click next it would loop back to the welcome video. I stumbled upon a rather odd way of getting past it and to be honest, I don't know if it would work again. Rather than click on the option that says there is no other mac to copy a user profile from, I clicked one of the other options, to copy the profile. I clicked next and went to the next screen but then immediately clicked back to return to the selection screen. This time I chose the New Macintosh option (the one that caused the looping) and somehow this time it worked and I was able to set up my profile.

As for the never waking from sleep problem. I turned everything off in Energy Saver and set everything else to Never where appropriate. As I don't leave my laptop for long when it's on, this option works just fine for me. The screensaver can run on the rare occaisions I step away for a short time.

sorry to spam this question in every forum i enter, but i can't find an answer.

is it possible at all to get headphone jacks working on a dv9000t conexant which shows up as:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x103C30BB

or anything else? and if that's a question so stupid it's not worth answering, could someone post a url to the answer?

thanks, everyone!