Details for osx86 Leopard flat image (install mac os x 10.5 from windows

Chewy954

198 posts in this topic

I have the "Leopard GM 9a581 Patched for Intel PCs (SSE3 ONLY) and Patch" , i have made the dvd.

My harddisk size is 160 gb. I have vista (32 bit) loaded. i want to have vista in one partition and leopard in other. I tried the steps on the first page of the forum..."DISKPART etc" but it says that i dont have sufficient space while i have half of c: and whole d: empty.

I wanna have three partitions

1) 30GB VISTA NTFS

2) 30GB LEOPARD HFS+

3) rest FAT32

Can somebody guide me to do the partition and install leopard (all the commands and stuff). I wanna keep the existing data.

I m new here. plz help me, this will be a dream come true for me. thanks in advance.

Acer Aspire 5570 core duo 2.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 160 gb hdd.

post-152287-1195176527_thumb.jpg

post-152287-1195176540_thumb.jpg

Well, I fixed my "instant reboot" after loading darwin problem, now I'm stuck at the "Still waiting for root device" message.

How I fixed that issue was I replaced the "mach_kernel" in the root of the drive with a nohpet version I found in an IRC room (I don't think I can post it here due to TOS). I dunno why I needed it because my mobo supports HPET, but it worked nonetheless.

Now, with the "Still waiting for root device error", what options can I change for my SATA drive? I have AHCI enabled in my motherboard. I have an Asus Striker Extreme, trying to run leopard off of a 160GB SATA drive, Core 2 Duo 6700

It is My first close encounter with a Mac. I used once Safari but that's about it.

Working on first time on my PackardBell Easynote GN45-028 using an external USB2 HDD.

Configuration:

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2250 1.73GHz 2048KB Cache 533FSB

MB: Intel Mobile 945GM Express Chipset 533FSB

Intel ICH7-M South Bridge

Intel GMA950 integrated graphics - Working

Display: LCD 14.1" TFT WXGA 1280x800

Sound: Sigmatel 9200 High Definition Audio Codec - No sound have to try patch

System Memory: 1GB 2x512MB SO-DIMM DDR2-533 Dual Channel operation

Hard drive: Seagate Momentus ST9100828A 100GB 5400rpm - Recognised will try dual boot

Network: Realtek 8139 Familiy network card - Working

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network card - Not recognised tried to instal driver but system freezes

Synaptics Touchpad - Working

ExpressCard 54 slot, supporting 34mm and 54mm wide devices

FireWire (IEEE1394) - Not tried but I think is working

Consumer Infra-Red (CIR) receiver - Have not tried yet

4 in 1 Card Reader (Memory Stick / MS PRO / SD / MMC) - Have not tried yet

I am working on sound.

Maybe replace WiFi card or external one.

It is an interesting experience for me. I keep You informed on this project.

hi, I would like to know if this Flat image work on my:

Dell xps m1330 Notebook?

I ALREADY downloaded it, but I am not sure if my pc is SSE3 or SSE2.

This would be the first time I try the OSX86, or do you think is better to get the ToH Leopard Release that supports better SSE2?

I would like to know, if my pc doesnt work with SSE2, I could use virtualization software to try it like VMware or VirtualBox?.

Thanks

can someone explain to me y is there an error coming???

"dd in not recognized, not internal or external commanmd"

and how to pass this error??

I have placed all the files in the system32 folder:

-compmgmt.msc

-dd.exe

-leopard-x86-flat-img

-dd --list.bat

-write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk0.bat ----- ("dd.exe if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 bs=5M --progress

pause")

thanks in advance

:D u like this? Atb ;):wacko:

Use dd.exe (version 0,3) first tool in old old old guide made in 2005 (DOL release great stuff :wacko: )

In raw mode..

For Leopard

dd bs=1048576 if=c:\leopard-x86-flat.img of=\\.\physicaldrive1 (usb external)

install macdrive...

Replace kernel if u have sse2 machine gun :D

For Tiger old old bovinity image :D

dd bs=1048576 if=c:\tiger-x86-flat.img of=\\.\physicaldrive1 (usb external)

and for dual boot with xp or vista use acronis...

WORKS on Amilo Pro 3515 Intel Celeron M

post-9948-1195509103_thumb.jpg

So can I install this over the partition where I currently have Tiger 10.4.11 installed? Also, will leopard run on my system properly? I'm not too sure where I can get leopard patches for stuff like the graphics card and audio (Realtek ALC882 btw)

My system:

Intel C2D E6700

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Asus EN8800GTS 320mb graphics card

WD 320GB SATA (windows on this HD)

WD 500GB SATA (Tiger partition and storage Partition on this HD)

2 x 1GB DDR800 Transcend Ram

2 x LG SATA DVD Drives

Motherboard: 775Dual-VSTA

Prozessor: Intel Pentium D 945

Ram: 1024MB DDRII

Grafik: GeForce 8800 GTX 640MB

But my Leopard, get to reboot after a sekond. (my english iss bad, sorry)

The exactly problem iss in my first Question.

Please Help me.

so i tried again. this time i put everything in my system32 folder and ran cmd and then typed in dd if=leopard-x86-flat-img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 bs=32256 skip=1 --progress. the only reason i put everything i could thing of in there was so i could type it all in my self. this is what i got

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8138/osx86manualddac3.png

note: im running xp

Ok guys, your ganna love this one.

Here is what im running:

AMD 3200+ 2.1ghtz ACPI

2gigs DDR

Disk0s1=WindowsXP PRO Corp SP2

Disk1s1=Windows Data Storage

Disk2s1=Tiger 10.4.3 (Works great)

Disk3s1=Attempted Flat img of Leopard (as discussed in this artical)

So my main OS is XP and i dual boot fine with the Tiger.

In tiger, the leopard volume mounts and Leopard is there, but it is not listed as a start up volume.

Here is what i have tried:

IN WINDOWS:

- Run the dd.bat first, then run the disk3.bat stuff (yes i know what im doing to a point), it writes the leopard image just fine, i can boot into Tiger only and see that the leopard img was written. But when i try to boot from the HD disk3 from the bios window( you know, hit esp or f12 and choose your boot up hardware) It shows me the Darwin boot loader for a split sec then resets the prossesor and the machine is rebooted.

-Ive tried running the disk3.bat first THEN the dd.exe, same result as before.

-ive tried both of these options THEN booted into tiger, and blessed the leopard volume coreservices folder as seen here in terminal. ((( sude bless -verbose -folder "/Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/CoreServices" -bootinfo "/Volumes/Leopard/usr/standalone/ppc/bootx.bootinfo")))

Now when i go into system prefrences in tiger and choose startup disk, it list the Leopard 10.5 as a startup option. But once again i cant actualy tell tiger to choose it, cuz every time i do, it boots back into tiger like i never changed it. And when i try to boot from the HD its self, i get the same fast darwin boot loader and then a hard reset.

-I have also tried removeing the Tiger drive and using the my dual boot menu to the only drive containing a chain0 file which was the Leopard drive, i get a kernal fault error and the first line in the verbose text is somethign about NO driver found for ACPI.

SO...knowing all this, the darwin boot loader located on the Loepard Drive does not conatin all the correct drivers for the AMD prossesors? is this sound correct? Ive noticed that there isnt a chain0 file located on the Leopard volume, i thought about replaceing the one on my windows boot drive with one from the leoprad volume to see if that would help but alas, no chain0 on Leopard.

Im at a stump, i know damn well the Leopard img is writing correctly, but its not using the darwin boot loader correctly...i would LOVE some insite on this....The 'firmware' for the osx86 has to be located on the drive your installing it on, so where is all this info at?..This will be racking my brain for awhile..you all can email me at Hummaie@yahoo.com so i can get fast up to date replys, it will come to phone and that way im not buzzin my brain while trying to eat Turkey Dinner!

Ok guys, your ganna love this one.

Here is what im running:

AMD 3200+ 2.1ghtz ACPI

2gigs DDR

Disk0s1=WindowsXP PRO Corp SP2

Disk1s1=Windows Data Storage

Disk2s1=Tiger 10.4.3 (Works great)

Disk3s1=Attempted Flat img of Leopard (as discussed in this artical)

So my main OS is XP and i dual boot fine with the Tiger.

In tiger, the leopard volume mounts and Leopard is there, but it is not listed as a start up volume.

Here is what i have tried:

IN WINDOWS:

- Run the dd.bat first, then run the disk3.bat stuff (yes i know what im doing to a point), it writes the leopard image just fine, i can boot into Tiger only and see that the leopard img was written. But when i try to boot from the HD disk3 from the bios window( you know, hit esp or f12 and choose your boot up hardware) It shows me the Darwin boot loader for a split sec then resets the prossesor and the machine is rebooted.

-Ive tried running the disk3.bat first THEN the dd.exe, same result as before.

-ive tried both of these options THEN booted into tiger, and blessed the leopard volume coreservices folder as seen here in terminal. ((( sude bless -verbose -folder "/Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/CoreServices" -bootinfo "/Volumes/Leopard/usr/standalone/ppc/bootx.bootinfo")))

Now when i go into system prefrences in tiger and choose startup disk, it list the Leopard 10.5 as a startup option. But once again i cant actualy tell tiger to choose it, cuz every time i do, it boots back into tiger like i never changed it. And when i try to boot from the HD its self, i get the same fast darwin boot loader and then a hard reset.

-I have also tried removeing the Tiger drive and using the my dual boot menu to the only drive containing a chain0 file which was the Leopard drive, i get a kernal fault error and the first line in the verbose text is somethign about NO driver found for ACPI.

SO...knowing all this, the darwin boot loader located on the Loepard Drive does not conatin all the correct drivers for the AMD prossesors? is this sound correct? Ive noticed that there isnt a chain0 file located on the Leopard volume, i thought about replaceing the one on my windows boot drive with one from the leoprad volume to see if that would help but alas, no chain0 on Leopard.

Im at a stump, i know damn well the Leopard img is writing correctly, but its not using the darwin boot loader correctly...i would LOVE some insite on this....The 'firmware' for the osx86 has to be located on the drive your installing it on, so where is all this info at?..This will be racking my brain for awhile..you all can email me at Hummaie@yahoo.com so i can get fast up to date replys, it will come to phone and that way im not buzzin my brain while trying to eat Turkey Dinner!

the Problem your getting is that you have an AMD chip. look around the forum for the how to apply the AMD fix to the flat image. should work well since you have 10.4.3 installed.

Happy "mass murder of Turkeys" Day :P

Silly me, i thought when i downloaded the torrent with the title "osx 10.5 leopard 9a581 in your intel/amd sse3" it was already setup for that.... for the boot, there are two folders, i386 (used for intel) and ppc (used for power PC and AMD mabe?) Little more instuction could be nice, now i have a Tiger Volume and a Leopard Volume....is it possiable to patch the Leopard volume while running the Tiger volume?

Silly me, i thought when i downloaded the torrent with the title "osx 10.5 leopard 9a581 in your intel/amd sse3" it was already setup for that.... for the boot, there are two folders, i386 (used for intel) and ppc (used for power PC and AMD mabe?) Little more instuction could be nice, now i have a Tiger Volume and a Leopard Volume....is it possiable to patch the Leopard volume while running the Tiger volume?

yes you can use Tiger to patch leopard, It's in a post somewhere in forum, can't remember where, just search for "flat leopard amd" or something like that and you'll get it.

Good luck... Time to go Kill my Turkey :blink:

This is working! My first Leopard installation! And it was fast! Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... Thank you...

My specs:

Compaq Presario V3000 Notebook

Intel Core Duo

Intel 950 Integrated Graphics (graphics accel works)

1GB Ram

Seagate HDD on external USB

Update:

Removed NV*'s

Ran the Shrinker

Boots wahoo!!

Still trying to get the About this Mac to work.

Time machine works.

But no real video support..how do we reinstall the NV texts? I have The pack that came with the Shrinker, and AMD Utility and NV drivers...any instructions for them? Also..is there anyway to RE_CREATE an INSTALL DVD from a flat image? you know, reverse engineer it? That would be cool! haha

Or mabe write a BAT file that includes the extracting of the flat image, then writing to user choosen disk, then patching, and removing all the correct files? that wouyld be sweet too..lol

fianly after read alot and trying many time this metod is work with me great many thanx i did it on

asus p5w hd deluxe - asus eax1300 pro ( i used the natit ) but i have a problem that my hd i installed the leopard on it is 300 gb but only shown as 20 gb !!!!!!! any solve for this ???? thanx