Details for osx86 Leopard flat image (install mac os x 10.5 from windows

Chewy954

198 posts in this topic

Ok , installing worked okey. on a external usb drive :rolleyes:

i'm booting from the drive via the F8 key of the bios.

intro movie and setup afterwards worked fine to.

after that i had to solve the hpet problem.

now on normal boot i'm stuck with a dead desktop nothing responds, mouse pointer does move.

When booting with -V i can do i few clicks and things and then everything freezes again.

anybody????

Asus p5KC,6600 GT.

Greetz Henk.

Ok there is something I did not understand ...

I`m running Win XP ... I`v downloaded leo flat image and I want to install it on single partition. I separated partition for it (22GB) but when I run write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk0 (because i have only one HDD) shall the instalation of leopard delete the existing one of XP and where is the place where I chose on witch partition to be installed Leopard ?

Does it installs on the partition that is placed the image or I choose manual on witch one to be ... and is it 100% sure that it won`t delete (or crash) my XP installation ?

Edit: My motherboard is Asus M2N-E SLI (it is nForce 5) with SATA HDD ... is there any problem with that ?

got that taken care of with macdrive software... now I have this issue upon boot it is similar to issues i have w/ the uphuck version as well.... this is lame.

1850322814_3845f9d327.jpg

anyone? bueller? bueller?

core duo 2.2, msi neo 965 motherboard nvidia 7600gs graphics

motherboard specs

965 chipset

ICH8R chipset

High Definition link controller integrated in Intel ICH8R chip (azalia)

Realtek RTL8111B PCI-Express Gb LAN Controller

I read this elsewhere, could it possibly help those with 965 chipsets?

Apple MacBook Gets Major Refresh With Intel 965 Chipset

This week Apple's MacBook line got an Intel "Santa Rosa" 965 chipset refresh. Though described by some publications as a "minor" upgrade, it's more than minor. Replacing the ancient mobile 945 chipset with the new 965 gets you GMA X3100 graphics, a faster front-side bus, integrated 802.11n wireless (though Apple supplies AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi), and Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.0, among other features. That's more new features than you get with a processor upgrade. And speaking of processor upgrades, the fastest Core 2 Duo processors offered with the MacBook now run at 2.2 GHz, bettering the previous 2.16 GHz. The stealth angle to the update (that is, it was done unannounced) is a bit perplexing. Let's put it this way: consumers considering a MacBook may have more than a passing interest in the fact that the lineup has been refreshed with completely new silicon. (11/02/07)

Guys, i have Vista and installed this one on new HDD.

Still, i'm getting same message error about "package0 didn't get HPET" or smth.

I've seen the guide recommened to solve this problem but still have no idea how can I delete the file on MAC-hdd from Vista )

Please, can anyone help me with solution, i'm absolutely newbie in MACOS.

silly question here, i was wondering if there is a way of installing the flat image without using windows. i have tiger on one drive and wish to install lepard on another. is there any way to extract the files from the img file? myself without using dd.exe. cheers

silly question here, i was wondering if there is a way of installing the flat image without using windows. i have tiger on one drive and wish to install lepard on another. is there any way to extract the files from the img file? myself without using dd.exe. cheers

For OSX

Using dd to copy the image creates a partition of 15 GB for Leopard. How can I increase the size?

Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem.

In Windows with the Disk Manager you can initialize the remaining space as a blank partition, as in no file system, so that OS X will see it. At least that was the easiest way I could figure out. OS X will then see the remaining space and you can format it using the OS X disk utility as a HFS disk which you can use.

However, when I reboot the bootloader doesn't want to load OS X when the addition partition on the drive is initialized. So I have to delete the parition in Windows for OS X to load again. Though this could be because I'm just using the XP bootloader with the chain0 file in my C:\ drive. I'm going to look more into this when I get home tonight.

hey can someone help on this:

i am getting these at -v mode

Extension "com.Apple.driver AppleACPIplateform" has immediate dependencies on both com.Apple.kernel and com.Apple.Kpi " components: use only one style

Extension "com.Apple.driver AppleIntelCPUManagement "has immediate dependencies on both com.Apple.kernel and com.Apple.Kpi " components: use only one style

devfs_make_node: not ready for devices

ACPI: Button driver prevents system from sleep

Extension "com.Apple.driver ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.Apple.kernel and com.Apple.Kpi " components: use only one style

From path: uuid

waiting for boot volume with uuid AOFO6784_

Here it freezes not going further icon_sad.gif

Iam using flat image. i made partition primary id=af with diskpart on first dive partition1(this hdd conected to IDE slot as master while at slave is dvd writer)

and also successfuly dded the image to this above partition.

and added entry with EsyBCD within vista and when trying to boot to osx entry via vista bootloader, iam stuck on grey Apple screen not going further even though i waited for several hours.Then i booted via -v mode and got above messeges.

My specs are:

Mobo = intel DG33FB (ON board graphic and sound)

Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2331 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

HDD WD 200GB Sata (native mode as IDE) and seagate 80GB hdd At IDE Slot as master, slaving creative dvd writer.

File System = Running xp64 and vista64 as ntfs at second sata dive.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi all,

After reading the readme i started to unrar the leopard-x86.rar to the same folder were the Bats files are on Disk0.

I want to instal leopard on disk1 so i copy the bat (write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk1) file also in de same dir were the leopard-x86.img ( around 17gig almost) is and the DD.bat file. after some minuts it made a 15 gig partition on mine disk1.

In the readme is writting reboot after and press in ur bios esc or whatever to boot ur disk were leopard is on.

so i press mine hdd disk1, and i see some files loading (loading the darwin) and i see a quick apple logo screen, But after that mine machine reboots.

What does that means? my machine is not compatible?

I have a

Mobo: ABit fatal1ty FP-IN9 sli

CPU: Core 2 duo E6600

GPU: Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB

HD : 250 gig Maxtor hdd

(sorry for my bad english btw, not from us or uk :D

Hello, i have problems with this leopard installation, too.

When i boot from the new leopard harddisk, my system reboots after a short start of darwin.

@cee: i don´t see the apple logo.

with the -v when darwin boots, I see something like "match.kernel". The last thing i see is that it loads the "Extensions.mkext" or something like that.

And this is only line 8 or so from the booting process. And then it reboots! :blink:

I have a:

Epox nforce 4 ultra sockel 939 board

AMD X2 3800 

2 Gigs G.skill RAM

MSI 7800 GT

Could anyone help me please?

and a very big sorry about my poor english!!!! ;)

I seem to recall seeing something about that here, do a search on "match.kernel" or something similar.

sorry, but I think I don´t understand you the right way.

What do you mean with search? Should this be on the new HFS+ harddisk, where leopard is installed? But why it shouldn´t be there?

Would be a picture of the first few lines of the darwin startup useful?

Thank you a lot!! 

I got the same problem as the above. I am on windows XP, any help ? Thank you

I had the same problem.

My fix was really weird and flukey.

Try booting onto the Disk you made for Leopard now, even though nothing seemed to have happend, it'll probably give you a bunch of errors and stall somewhere.

And which point, return to windows and then run that Batch file, if you're as lucky as me, it'll all go fine from then.

Hi, I would like to know if this Flat image work on my:

Dell Inspiron 5150 Notebook, 2.66 Ghz processor pentium II, 256Mb RAM, 60Gb internal HARD DRIVE with windows XP. This pc was bought around 2003-2004.

I ALREADY downloaded it, but I am not sure if my pc is SSE3 or SSE2, I will update that Ram to 768Mb, and buy an external hard drive of 60Gb to try this Leopard flat image.

This would be the first time I try the OSX86, or do you think is better to get the ToH Leopard Release that supports better SSE2?

I would like to know, if my pc doesnt work with SSE2, I could use virtualization software to try it like VMware or VirtualBox?.

Thanks