Details for osx86 Leopard flat image (install mac os x 10.5 from windows

Chewy954

198 posts in this topic

In order to fix my HPET issue i had to delete system/library/extensions.mkext, dunno if the same could work for you, just a thought.

Radx, how do you delete this? I have Vista and have the same problem when booting to Leopard... If I press F8 during install and type -s on the "boot:" prompt, after pressing enter the booting continues :-(

Can you please specify how to delete this?

Thanks!

Chale

Radx, how do you delete this? I have Vista and have the same problem when booting to Leopard... If I press F8 during install and type -s on the "boot:" prompt, after pressing enter the booting continues :-(

Can you please specify how to delete this?

Thanks!

Chale

Download the MacDrive trial for Vista. You can then go into the Leopard partition from Windows. Look at the first post of this thread for more details: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=68934&st=0

Incidentally, I have done this and it cured my HPET issue, now my system hangs at the Mac Logo...

Thanks for the MacDrive tip, that fixed my HPEC problem, now I have the same problem as others:"Still waiting for root device"I have 1 disk, Windows XP on the first partition, flat image on the second. I'm using EasyBCD to choose Leopard, then hitting F8 to try -x, -v, -s. I get "Still waiting on root device" with all of these flags.Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, 1 sata drive, nvidia 8800 GTS.I have a theory that we have to repair permissions after using MacDrive. Im booting off a DVD atm to try it.

I just think i cant install it with a Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI (nForce 650i SLI) mobo.

when i do the same thing with mine Asus P4pe mobo ( pentium 4) it works great.

If some has the same mobo like me and managed to install Leopard. would love to hear how he did it.

My first partition was 15 GB, I've created a second one 45 GB from Vista and then went into Leopard, erase the second partition and then:

sudo diskutil mergePartitions "Journaled HFS+" New disk1s1 disk1s2

Merged successfully, 60 GB!

Thanks for the MacDrive tip, that fixed my HPEC problem, now I have the same problem as others:"Still waiting for root device"I have 1 disk, Windows XP on the first partition, flat image on the second. I'm using EasyBCD to choose Leopard, then hitting F8 to try -x, -v, -s. I get "Still waiting on root device" with all of these flags.Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, 1 sata drive, nvidia 8800 GTS.I have a theory that we have to repair permissions after using MacDrive. Im booting off a DVD atm to try it.

Let me know if you figure this out, I've got the same hardware as you, and I'm having the same problems.

My first partition was 15 GB, I've created a second one 45 GB from Vista and then went into Leopard, erase the second partition and then:

sudo diskutil mergePartitions "Journaled HFS+" New disk1s1 disk1s2

Merged successfully, 60 GB!

I just did this, however, the MBR seems to be corrupted as the darwin boot loader is not working anymore..

I've tried re-installing the boot loader but still no go (I've opened a different thread for that purpose : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=70019

if you guys have any ideas, please let me know

thanks ! :(

I just did this, however, the MBR seems to be corrupted as the darwin boot loader is not working anymore..

I've tried re-installing the boot loader but still no go (I've opened a different thread for that purpose : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=70019

if you guys have any ideas, please let me know

thanks ! :)

You have to make the partition active again with acronis or whatever you prefer.

Can anyone confirm if this image works on AMD SSE3 with SATA drive, based on nForce4 Ultra chipset. I have DFI nForce4 Ultra motherboard with ATI X800 GTO2 card and Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

Right now Tubgirl 10.4.10 is working nicely with internet connection via my built-in ethernet card. Only ATI card and Audigy 2 ZS are off.

Apart from other 2 SATA drives with Linuxm, I have 3rd SATA drive with 3 partitions ->

1st primary = Vista

2nd primary = Tiger

3rd logical = Vista data

I want to install Leo instead of Tiger ... which dd command I should use. As far as I understand I don't need to patch this image.

I am new to this hackintoshing, as Tiger is being there on my drive for only few days. Any help and tips appreciated.

I downloaded this image from the Demon and I "hatched" it from my tiger install. Must say I was a little taken back when I heard and saw the start up vid! The only thing I needed to install was the IONetworking.kext found in the ToH kexts to get Time Machine working. Other than that, I was up and running in about 15 minutes. This is the fastest OS install I have ever done! Everything is working on my machine! My machine specs are in my sig. Also, does anyone know what exact install this image is made from (ie BrazilMac, ToH)?

hey can someone help on this:

i am getting these at -v mode

Extension "com.Apple.driver AppleACPIplateform" has immediate dependencies on both com.Apple.kernel and com.Apple.Kpi " components: use only one style

Extension "com.Apple.driver AppleIntelCPUManagement "has immediate dependencies on both com.Apple.kernel and com.Apple.Kpi " components: use only one style

devfs_make_node: not ready for devices

ACPI: Button driver prevents system from sleep

Extension "com.Apple.driver ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.Apple.kernel and com.Apple.Kpi " components: use only one style

From path: uuid

waiting for boot volume with uuid AOFO6784_

Here it freezes not going further

Iam using flat image. i made partition primary id=af with diskpart on first dive partition1(this hdd conected to IDE slot as master while at slave is dvd writer)

and also successfuly dded the image to this above partition.

and added entry with EsyBCD within vista and when trying to boot to osx entry via vista bootloader, iam stuck on grey Apple screen not going further even though i waited for several hours.Then i booted via -v mode and got above messeges.

My specs are:

Mobo = intel DG33FB (ON board graphic and sound)

Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2331 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

HDD WD 200GB Sata (native mode as IDE) and seagate 80GB hdd At IDE Slot as master, slaving creative dvd writer.

File System = Running xp64 and vista64 as ntfs at second sata dive.

Thanks in Advance.

Any progress on above..because many peps have that issue but no solution from any one. :)

1. so can we patch the efi bootloader after installing the flat image file and copy over the original kernel?

2. what benefit do we get if we can do this?

3. can anyone post a newb guide to doing this if its worth it.

or suppose we can wait for the new uphuck release but it would be worth saving myself more gb's of download if i can patch what i already have.

Hi guys, I found a reply of a guy who had the m audio firewire 410 soundcard working great with leopard

http://www.bigbluelounge.com/forums/viewto...7b2573f2166d94b

"M-Audio Firewire 410 works in Leopard. In fact if you look at the list of updates in the latest version of the driver it states it has been tweaked for 10.5"

" Version History driver version 1.8.2

- Mac OS X 10.5: Added workaround for potential inability to load devices "

:(