Details for osx86 Leopard flat image (install mac os x 10.5 from windows

Chewy954

198 posts in this topic

ToGr82B4Gotn..

My response....

;)

APPLEling Is Nothing :(

Hd Usb...40/80/120/160/200 gb...do u want...

Mac Drive 7.0

Acronis Disk Director Suite and Acronis OS Selector

DD.exe version 0,3 DOL edition 2005

Optional: Files Kernel SSE 2...WORK NICE...

And NOT ONLY SSE 3..!

MY Laptop is SSE2 :(

Fujitsu Amilo Pro 3515 INTEL Celeron M

Use folder option ...

Show Hidden Files and folder...

Show hide estensions..

1. Two Partitions manually

Primary Partion FAT32 (Don t Use DISKPART) with compmgmt.msc 15 GB Leopard system

Primary Partion FAT32 (Don t Use DISKPART) NOT EXTENDED or FREE but PRIMARY with compmgmt.msc... Rest of harddisk

2. Install Macdrive and Acronis disk director and Selector in Windows

3. Dd.EXE version 0,3

and leopard-x86-flat.img (dimension img: 16.942.080)

USE write leopard-x86-flat-img to disk1.bat

4.Edit file bat:

dd bs=1048576 if=d:\leopard-x86-flat.img of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\partition0

Don t use --progress and pause...

click enter dd.exe start and wait...

when window close....native install complete...

Restart

DON T START LEOPARD WITH ACRONIS!!!

Choose again Windows with Acronis

Enter in Windows

U see the leopard hd...Macdrive BLINKING

Change SSE kernel if u have SSE 2 machine in folder Leopard HD (FILE: ._mach_kernel and mach_kernel)

Restart

NOW Choose Leopard with Acronis OS selector...

Loading Darwin..

wait apple GREEN SCREEN running...

Leopard run slow in first install for...name account etc etc...

when u are done u see Leopard on ur screen WITH ONLY Hd Leopard

NOW IT S TIME FOR THE GAME :D

Open disk utility

Choose Usb Hd

U see 2 partition hide...unmonted..

ERASE it with mac journaled...was DOS

click ERASE...

wait....

BINGO :)U see 2 hide Partition mounted on desktop...

Time machine start auto 4 backup if u want use it click yes or cancel...

in my case i click yes for curiosity :) it s a backup mode i think

Don t believe it??

See the screenshoots

Sorry for my f``cking English...

Now for me next step...10.5.1 update with hacked kernel :)

post-9948-1196197566_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1196197710_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1196197857_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1196202510_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1196203057_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1196203155_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1196203277_thumb.jpg

YEEEEEEES! Just got everything to work! Even got the RALink wifi drivers to work on my first try. Slowly getting keyboard and mouse drivers going...

But how I do fix the fact that I only have 8 gigs free on this tiny 160 gig HD? Boo.

Thanks OP!

Managed to resize the hard drive pretty easily, but I'm still w/o sound and I don't think the system properly recognizes my 7900GS. Everything's still nice and snappy though...if I had audio, I wouldn't have a reason to boot into Windows at all.

Well, that and the fact that it also won't recognize my SATA optical drive and HD.

I'm confused a bit.... what is .bat file?

Can I burn the "LEOPARD.ISO" to a DVD DL and setup the OS? isn't it easier?:) by this way, does it need all the steps you have wrote?

excuse me maybe my questions are so crazy, because I'm new in MAC world. :D:)

Sounds like you're new to the PC world too. This method is by far one of the easiest ones out there if you can get it working. a *.bat files is a batch file, which is just a string of commands that ready to go once you launch it, one of which is located in each of the disk0-disk3 folders. After you run the cmd lines and find out the location of the disk you want to install on, you move the matching batch file from the folder named disk* to the main folder, where your unrared iso is along with the dd executable.

Pretty simple...just follow the instructions blindly and you'll still get there.

Thanks for this tutorial! I had Windows Vista 32bit in 1st partition and Leopard on the 2nd one.

I got leopard installed on a P5B board (damn jmicron...). All worked except GeForce 8600GT (I removed the natit/titan, can't remember now).

But... when I installed PC_EFI v6 and reboot the PC the boot was {censored}ed up. It couldn't find an available OS, and I had to reinstall Vista.

Anyone could help me with a tutorial to install PC_EFI with leopard installed in the 2nd partition using this method?

Thanks in advance.

I've downloaded it, and I've done every step, but when I restart for installing, the only thing I see is a gray screen with a MAC logo,and a loading symbol.after a few seconds the loading symbol stops circuting. and nothing happens.

I've used -v, some speedy written things and then I see this:"Login window application started" but nothing happens. :(:(

I have a question...

I do not have Windows. I am using only GNU/Linux.

I also do not have an external HD.

I believe; however, that I can still use this flat disk image. Here is my plan.

1. Burn the ISO image that I unrar onto a DL DVD+R.
  2. Boot into my Gentoo Linux rescue CD and use Gparted to remove all of the partitions on my hard drive (/dev/sda).
  3. then execute in a terminal from the boot CD:

$ dd if=/mnt/dvd/osx86-iso-file.iso of=/dev/sda

$ reboot

Does anyone know if this does/does not work? Or see a reason why it would not work?

If not I'll let you know how it works for me...

I tried this method, but I think its telling me I dont have hyperthreading? I absolutely do. 965 board and core duo....

error message:

"package 0 didn't get an HPET"

help.

Fyi

You don't have Hyper threading.you have a 2 physical cores

hyper threading is 2 emulated cores

I have a question...

I do not have Windows. I am using only GNU/Linux.

I also do not have an external HD.

I believe; however, that I can still use this flat disk image. Here is my plan.

1. Burn the ISO image that I unrar onto a DL DVD+R.
  2. Boot into my Gentoo Linux rescue CD and use Gparted to remove all of the partitions on my hard drive (/dev/sda).
  3. then execute in a terminal from the boot CD:

$ dd if=/mnt/dvd/osx86-iso-file.iso of=/dev/sda

$ reboot

Does anyone know if this does/does not work? Or see a reason why it would not work?

If not I'll let you know how it works for me...

Oh well. The Image is 17G. I thought that I read that it was 6GiB.

core2duo only? this is my config and i can't get it to work, first hpet>solved then error referencing IODeviceTree and the no Index error, but it goes all the way through until starting... then it becomes stuck.

post-158441-1196551876_thumb.jpg

is there any chance, to get it to work, or will i have to settle patching for sse2?

Hello, thought that this may be a place to ask about a problem I'm having. I used the flat image installer, deleted all partitions on an external hard drive after a format, ran the .bat file. I rebooted into Darwin, and it gets to loading Extensions.mkext, and than my computer reboots.

I think it may be because of my graphics card (ATI Radeon Xpress 200). I saw that this card does not have a certain feature supported (IS/EX or something sorry i'm a n00b on graphics), but I thought that it may have one resolution supported or something.

If I installed a second graphics card in my PC, would there be any way to make it use primarily that graphics card?

Or is there some kind of fix for this graphics card, or is there something i'm not seeing that is totally unrelated?

My setup:

Windows XP on C: 250 gb hard drive

Mac OS Leopard on external 80gb hard drive, not running

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics Card

2 GB ram

_NEC DVD RW ND-1100A

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW RS-H552d

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer....I know this can be a thankless task.

no login window, blue wallpaper only...

yay! at least safe mode, used an smbios file actually made for an amd patch, but now... trying to boot normal, i get the blue wallpaper and a mouse pointer, but the login window doesn't come up

any help?

p4 3,2ghz HT

post-158441-1196559114_thumb.jpg

Hey can anyone help me out?

I have been trying to install OS X for about 2 months now... Started with the JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrated.iso and proceeded to Patch w/ IntelCore2Duo Debug by skyt7.ppf and then bikedude880.ichxr.ppf for my controller. Wasted like 6 DVDs and gave up, untill I saw the new leopard-x86-flat-img. Everything went a lot better this time, at least I actually saw the the Grey Mac screen this time. I have fixed the HPET Problem, but am stuck now. I have attached a PIC of the bottom part of the Diagnostic screen. If the whole thing is required let me know...

post-150941-1196679652_thumb.jpg

Please ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I am running WinXP Pro SP2 and my configuration is:

Hardware

HP Media Center (m7674n)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00787409&dlc=en

Base processor:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 © DC 2.13 GHz

1066 MHz front side bus

Socket 775

Chipset: P965

Intel® 82801HR/HH/HO I/O Controller Hub (ICH8R)

Motherboard: Asus P5BW-LA

RAM: 2 GB

PC2-4200 MB/sec

240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Video Graphics: GeForce 7300LE (I think it's a FOXCONN but can't seem to find it, could be a special CRAPPY model made just for HP says FOXCONN A6338 on Video card connector)

HP P/N: 5188-4292

64 MB DDR memory

I/O Ports: VGA, Composite, S-Video

Sound/Audio: Realtek ALC 882 chipset

My first partition was 15 GB, I've created a second one 45 GB from Vista and then went into Leopard, erase the second partition and then:

sudo diskutil mergePartitions "Journaled HFS+" New disk1s1 disk1s2

Merged successfully, 60 GB!

does this really work? cause i installed a flat on a 250 gb drive and the 15 gb leo partition is way too small. in leo did you erase partition Journaled HFS+ en runned the command while running leo?

and does it work with mbr formatted drive.

anyone had any luck running this on a nforce 650i mobo? i've gone through like 5 DVDs and the original fllat img install process with no luck at all. gonna try installing the flat img again later today to a specific partition as decribed in the 2nd post on this thread, hope it works out. going insane. i've got 3 torrents for various versions of OSX i hope to try and update to 10.5 if this doesn't work.

ahh the headaches the headaches..........

Core 2 Duo e6550 @3.2ghz

eVGA nforce 650i ultra mobo

2gb ram

Radeon X1950GT 512mb

im going to be downloading this flat mac osx leopard image today. here are my pc specs, will this work for me ?

intel core 2 duo 6550 2.33ghz.

2gb. OCZ PLATINUM REV2 DDR2-800 PC2-6400.

512mb nvidia geforce 8600 gt.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Socket 775 ATX Intel P35 Mainboard.

western digital 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive.

160gb western digital external hd.

acer 19" x192w widescreen lcd.

raidmax 420w sata atx case.

creative soundblaster audigy se.

windows vista ultimate / windows xp media center edition 2005.

i mean i want to triple boot leopard / vista / xp on the same hdd. do yout hink it will work for me out of the box sorta speaking ?

im new to this and i just wanted to make sure im not wasting my time ? .... :rolleyes:

Not sure where to ask this but since I am using this image...I have a wireless card 4965agn that works in the beta leopardWhat do I have to copy out of the beta so that my card will work in the retail thatdoes not support my card?

Smooth you cant just triple boot with the image, infact youll destroy anything on the dive preexistingread this site, I have windows ubuntu and osx working by following the isntructions

http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/734/howt...-in-hackintosh/BTW your hardware is dang near the best for OS X, you shouldnt have to much trouble

Remove the sys/lib/ext/AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and extensions.kext, clear your trash reboot!!

SticMAN

Guys, i have Vista and installed this one on new HDD.

Still, i'm getting same message error about "package0 didn't get HPET" or smth.

I've seen the guide recommened to solve this problem but still have no idea how can I delete the file on MAC-hdd from Vista )

Please, can anyone help me with solution, i'm absolutely newbie in MACOS.