Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

did you overclocked it? how does it performs compared to a Q6600?

i'm getting 5470 in geekbench Q6600 OC to 2.8GHz 32bit - was that a 64bit test? Getting over 10000 is a lot - a 4 core 3GHz mac pro usually gets about 5521

Nope, not overclocked. Dunno about the Q6600, never had one. My previous CPU was the Xeon Core 2 Duo running at about the same specs. All I did was add a chip with 2 more processors, feels faster! Yes, I always use the 64 bit test. I am doing a little better than a Mac Pro probably because I have slightly better parts...dunno if the hard drive comes into play with that test or not as I have a WD Raptor.

Well guys its bin fun , i got my self a real Mac Pro (second hand, only cost me 6 pints of blood an arm and 1 leg )

lol i got it cheap for mac standards still was 1200 euro do

and got me a set of 2 xeon Quadcore cpu's both real cheap. 150 euro the set

so for 1350 euro's i got my self an 8 core rig : evil :

Any way after 2 years i would like to thank every one for there help , making in my vieuwe the

asus P5w the best hackintosh board around.e

And letting you guys know NO I'M not selling my baby! :P my old asus P5W DH is going to take it easy

retyering to windows media center to play mp3's xvid movies ect....

Going to flog my Q6600 with a gigabyte GA DSP3 board 2 gb ram in combo with and an efi-x set. hoping to fetch me a great deal to pay some of the cost of the mac pro!

Hi, can you please try EFI-X with P5W DH Deluxe motherboard? I have intention to buy it, but I'm not sure if it works, so I'd be thankful if you could try it :P

Can someone tell me, is there any problem with 4gb ram? I heard about some problems, but....

Still living a happy life with this mobo. 10.5.5 retail installation is running smotthly wihtout any major problems. Just 1 little issue with sleep, the PC won't wake up from it! ;)

Hey G5, thanks for the reminder. I've just started getting my hands dirty with the Boot-132 guide page and I'll try to stick with it (expanding it, giving it more explanations, etc.)

Could Macita (or anyone else for that matter) post the list of kexts that are needed to boot on this board? I'll try to organize them as required and optional (ie: PS2, Jmicron, etc.).

yeah, it sleeps fine. it only wakes up by pushing the power button but to be honest i prefer it that way. i'm always knocking my desk and coming back hours later to find my computer fully awake, lol. it's fully updated to 5.5. can anyone think of a reason why my line input would suddenly stop working? i had it recording fine for a while and now all of a sudden there's no input signal from it. it still shows under sound in system preferences but can't get anything from it.

thanks,

marc

oh, and i updated the wiki as requested. there's a link to the drivers and instructions for audio without patching the AppleHDA file under the drivers section. hope this helps a few people out.

I've used Macita's boot cd too, but my hackintosh won't wake from sleep. You say yours do. How did you manage to get it working?

I added a little something in the wiki about updating the system :(

My BIOS settings are as they should be for the sleep to work, unless they have been changed by someone (*suspects his little brother)

I'll check them again and report back.

And my thanks to Macita again, my "OpenHack" is working great, even without sleep :)

Regarding sleeping and (more importantly) waking from sleep on the P5W DH Deluxe board -

I've used a number of different osx86 environments since Tiger on my P5W DH Deluxe with ATI graphics cards.

I have had shutdown and sleep working just fine but my system has never woken from sleep fully/properly.

I suspect it is mostly down to the graphics drivers - I have ATI rather than NVidia. Most people with NVidia cards seem to have better luck waking up from sleep. I also noticed this [even on Windows] that recovering from sleep or hibernation mode occasionally has video glitch issues and the system recovers fine but only to a black screen or garbled display even though it still responds okay to keyboard/mouse input. I noticed Netkas mentioned that his new PC_EFIv9 allows sleep but ATI cards only display a quarter of the screen when woken. Maybe it would be worth doing a voting poll thing based on sleep/wake success per graphics card type?

Also, from my Windows experiences, I also suspect SATA chipset drivers being important for waking from sleep, as standard Intel ATA/IDE chipsets tend to sleep/hibernate and recover fine wheras more unusual SATA/RAID/JMicron/NVidia/Via/etc. setups (i.e. those that might need you to push F6 to load a specific Windows driver during setup) have more issues with power management and waking from sleep. On the Asus P5W DH Deluxe it is possible to use different chipsets to boot from.

Finally, which input devices are you trying to wake the machine with? (i.e. power button/USB/PS2/other input peripherals). I heard somewhere that you can only wake properly with PS2 inputs, although that seems silly to me.

Hi everyone,

I've had a 10.5.4 install and tried to system update. While it was updating i got a kernel panic.

I've downloaded Iatkos 5i and tried to install to the best of my knowledge.

It won't boot at all and i think it panic at the point when it tries to boot (doesn't find the driver perhaps?)

I've selected EFI_v9, x86 ACPI, Driver for jmicron (Since this is where the drive it)

I've tried some combination and nothing works.

Any idea?

Thanks

hey guys, i have problems with 8gb ram on the p5w is there a fix?

and many of you have 800 mhz fsb, what are your settings at that in the jumperfree bios section?

What kind of problems with the 8 gb of RAM? You mean the computer doesn't see it all? BIOS -> ADVANCED -> CHIPSET -> Memory Remap Feature should be Enabled to see that extra ram. I don't overclock my boards so for the FSB I changed it to manual and then 333 should do it.

COPY FROM THE CDBOOT ONLY THE MKEXT FILE ON THE INITRD:IMG (mount it)

IT WORKS FINE

About the kexts, SMBIOSresolver has a bug, for a moment not show the right memory setup, Superhai will make the nfo.plist editable for put it the correct value.

Just curious, how do we update this thing? I seem to have it running, is this based on the same idea as DFE boot where the 200 mb partition is used? Wondering if I want to update kexts, etc., how to do it that's all. Thanks.

Okay, I'm looking to install fresh with iATKOS 5i dvd however I have been way way way out of the loop in terms of what kexts have changed. Im currently running Kalyway 10.5.1 (which has been updated via Software Update to 10.5.4 and using boot-132). I'll give kudos to boot-132 for it though, its pretty solid and i really cant hose it up that bad. However, I may have crippled it because i finally gotten around to restoring QE without any luck and now my resolution is locked at 1024x786. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Now i've tried a couple of variations of installing with this disc and I get immediate kernel panics. If any other P5W DH Deluxe people know the exact config to install flawlessly with this disc, then I'm all ears.

P5W DH Deluxe

2 Sata 500gb (Kalyway install is on JMicron)

1 Primary IDE (Windows XP)

1 Sata DVD+/-R

4gb ram

Asus 7300GT 256mb (QE worked before any updates) using DVI

Gigabyte 8500GT 256mb (would love to use but cannot get QE or it to recognize well) using DVI

not a lot of people. If I have enought time, I'll try this night... twp people for the moment (as I know)..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1000172

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1000133

To be prudent I thinck it's better to use the dsdt patch and pass to pc-efiv9 before try anything (and BACKUUUUP!!)