Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Sean - first thing to check is that your bios settings are set up correctly.

See Macita's post earlier in the thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...bios&st=400

Second thing is that you might want to try a different build (e.g. iAtkos 4i) which I've used and worked straight away. Very easy to set up as well.

Or go through the instructions for using a retail disc (also links in this thread).

Not sure if this has been asked and answered, but what is the best Core 2 Quad chip to use with this board? I currently use an Intel Xeon 3085 Conroe 3.0GHz 4MB L2 Cache which has been rock solid. But on my next build (I already have a second hand P5W DH Deluxe motherboard) I want to use a Quad core chip. Ideas?

Not the best, but for the price, the Q6600 is a classic.

Hello I have installed kalyway 10.5.2 and everything is working except my firewire port. The port is working when booted in windows.

Has anyone gotten it working?

Is it activated in BIOS? With my install of Kalyway 10.5.2, it worked right off the bat.

Help me Insanely Mac'ers!

I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2 / boot 132 generic iso / several boot 132 iso from Macita with 10.5.4 retail.

Kalyway doesn't do anything when I try to boot off the DVD.

For Kalyway, my roadmap (maybe not the best but it worked nicely for me):

Check BIOS settings first! (scroll down fro G5Rocks):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...8453&st=100

then check MD5 of your Kalyway image (important! should be e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99), then burn as slow as you can. At boot, press F8, then chose your DVD player to boot from, then at comand prompt (if it gets there) press F8 again. I used -v -f -x comand flag there, then return and cross fingers.

Hope it helps. I have to try Retail method that GIBRONGIB described.

I fired mine up last night (don't tend to use it too often since I use the Macbook more)...but after 5 mins use it froze (top 1/4 of the screen darkened as well).

I figured it was just one of those things...so rebooted. Same thing again...and again...and again.

Which is strange since I hadn't made any changes/updates to it since the last time I used it when it was fine.

Will have to have a deeper look around tonight.

I'm confused and was not reading here for some time - is there a way for a safe update to 10.5.5 out? I'm currently on 10.5.4 and used (EFI 5.1 / combo update to 10.5.1 / 10.5.2 - 10.5.4 via kalyway update.)

I don't want to risk my stable system - is it better to stay at 10.5.4 and buy a new HD to go keep the old installation safe and try the boot 132 (but i get a headache when i think of the lousy manuals for that)

G5Rocks - I successfully updated to 10.5.5 (check back in earlier posts to find the link I posted with the instructions in).

Do you have an external drive you can do a TimeMachine back up on? That's what I always do before any updates etc.

That way you should be able to simply restore the backup if necessary.

if you have a little and want to get you rig running great try this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404 and use the kext ive post my machine runs for weeks with no problem but you must be patient

ive install and reinstall uuu maybe a 100000000000000000000000000000000 times but in the end it worth it irie.

if you have a little and want to get you rig running great try this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404 and use the kext ive post my machine runs for weeks with no problem but you must be patient

ive install and reinstall uuu maybe a 100000000000000000000000000000000 times but in the end it worth it irie.

Maybe you are interested in writing a nice easy step by step guide for the P5W DH in the wiki about how to exactly install it? :D

http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/ori...l-chameleon-efi

G5Rocks - I successfully updated to 10.5.5 (check back in earlier posts to find the link I posted with the instructions in).

Do you have an external drive you can do a TimeMachine back up on? That's what I always do before any updates etc.

That way you should be able to simply restore the backup if necessary.

You did it EXACTLY this way? nothing missing? No danger to f*** up the system when done correctly?

This is how I updated to 10.5.5

1) Download MacOSX10.5.5.dmg from Apple (not the combo update).

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1055update.html

Backup working AppleHDA.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext

2) Open Terminal

3) Run the following commands:

sudo bash

Type your password. Hit enter. Then type this and hit enter:

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

^ ^ YOU MUST DO THIS STEP ABOVE!!!

You CANNOT just delete it afterward. It WILL BREAK the install, and require a new install or restore from backup.

4) Mount MacOSX10.5.5.dmg and run the installer.

---------------------------------

5) When the installer finishes, DO NOT REBOOT!

6) In the Terminal window, hold the CONTROL key and press C.

7) copy previously working AppleHDA.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. (With combo update, you have to restore AppleAHCIPort.kext too)

8) repair permissions for kext copied in step 7

(for the noobs) go back to Terminal window.

It should still be in superuser mode

Type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel ./*.kext

chmod -R 755 ./*.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

9) Now let the Update Installer reboot.

Yep that's how I did it.

Listen, there's always a risk that it will mess up your system. We're messing with 'hackintoshes' after all. Software put on machines it was never really destined for.

So that's why I always ensure I have the Time Machine backup ready.

IM GLAD TO ANNOUNCE THAT PCEFI9+NEW CHAMELEON 1.0.12 IS WORKING FAWLESS ON OUR MOTHERBOARD.

DEEP SLEEP IS WORKING PERFECT!!!!

JUST ENABLE ALL OPTIONS (SET TO ENABLE) IN USB BIOS SETUP!!!

SOON ILL INSTALL LEOPARD SNOW!!!

IM READY ALSO FOR THE 10.5.6!!

INCREDIBLE THIS ASUS MOTHERBOARD STILL A PERFECT HACKINTOSH!

IM GLAD TO ANNOUNCE THAT PCEFI9+NEW CHAMELEON 1.0.12 IS WORKING FAWLESS ON OUR MOTHERBOARD.

DEEP SLEEP IS WORKING PERFECT!!!!

JUST ENABLE ALL OPTIONS (SET TO ENABLE) IN USB BIOS SETUP!!!

SOON ILL INSTALL LEOPARD SNOW!!!

IM READY ALSO FOR THE 10.5.6!!

INCREDIBLE THIS ASUS MOTHERBOARD STILL A PERFECT HACKINTOSH!

you could write an article how to install it in the wiki :)

http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/start

(first person helped writing a bit for the wiki yesterday: ps3customgamer :D )

Not sure if this has been asked and answered, but what is the best Core 2 Quad chip to use with this board? I currently use an Intel Xeon 3085 Conroe 3.0GHz 4MB L2 Cache which has been rock solid. But on my next build (I already have a second hand P5W DH Deluxe motherboard) I want to use a Quad core chip. Ideas?

Answering my own question for those who may be following this thread; I went ahead and bought the Xeon X3370 and it makes this board FLY! Easy install, bios = 2801. Geekbench scores shot up over 1000 points. My last upgrade will be to dual Fujitsu SCSI 15K hard drives. WOW!!

Answering my own question for those who may be following this thread; I went ahead and bought the Xeon X3370 and it makes this board FLY! Easy install, bios = 2801. Geekbench scores shot up over 1000 points. My last upgrade will be to dual Fujitsu SCSI 15K hard drives. WOW!!

Price? and what are you using as cooler cpu system?

Hi,

there is one year ago that I run my P5W-DH. and everythings works..

but there is 4 days, wifi has stopped. the system know the hardware, under Léo and under XP (both native, separates HD).

I don't thinck I disconnect somthings in the Bios (where is the option in the Bios to disconnect it??? to verify)..

I touch nothing in the config or in the software, no new program etc..

any idea??

Hi All

I am currently running Kalyway 5.4 on a P5W-DH with 2 gig of RAM. I was wondering if anyone

else was havingh problems with Lan speed. When I try and stream video fron a NAS hard drive which is connected to my network I get jerky playback. However, when I boot into my XP

drive on the same machine and access the same video file, playback is good. Does the P5W-DH

Lan need to be patched in Leo?

Thanks

Danny

Hi All

I am currently running Kalyway 5.4 on a P5W-DH with 2 gig of RAM. I was wondering if anyone

else was havingh problems with Lan speed. When I try and stream video fron a NAS hard drive which is connected to my network I get jerky playback. However, when I boot into my XP

drive on the same machine and access the same video file, playback is good. Does the P5W-DH

Lan need to be patched in Leo?

Thanks

Danny

Nope is native is working out of the box

did you overclocked it? how does it performs compared to a Q6600?

i'm getting 5470 in geekbench Q6600 OC to 2.8GHz 32bit - was that a 64bit test? Getting over 10000 is a lot - a 4 core 3GHz mac pro usually gets about 5521