Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

22/07/2008

time to update this tread with all you need and make clear some things

ISO FOR USE TO INSTALL THE RETAIL LEOPARD DVD 10.5 + UPDATE YOUR LEO to 10.5.4 from internet using the apple software update tool without any problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmwgcwrvjgg

PAY ATTENTION MAYBE YOU MUST PUT IN YOUR BIOS UNDER CPU CONFIGURATION THE MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT to [DISABLED] and then ENABLE it after the successfull Leopard install (under verify)

ISOS TO USE AS BOOTLOADER 132 AFTER THE 10.5.4 UPDATE:

07/12/2008:

Added HDAenabler (thnx to Kabyl), IOAHCIfamily, IOnetworkingfamily, Chun-nan PS2/USB kexts for mause and keyboard, JMicronATA and more...

http://rapidshare.com/files/129023748/BURNME.iso.html

22/07/2008

Another version with the SMBIOSResolver.kext (SDRAM memory bug but wrks fine in all) THNX to SUPERHAI (www.superhai.com), it works with original applesmbios FROM 10.5.2 and up

http://www.mediafire.com/?6j9wcsxszlz

With those isos you can install the retail leopard, run it and keep your extensions folder like the original macs computers, thnx to GALAXY for his work "the ramdisk is dammn fast", thnx to the others for this fantastic bootloader ( def, kabyl, zef, bumby and all the chameleon gang!)

After the first update for e.g. from 10.5 to 10.5.4 (YES NOW U CAN!!) simply reboot and use the other iso.

After the 10.5.x update you will lost the QE on video card... reinstall it, be carefull to delete the old drivers before reintall, reinstall repair permission.

AUdio package installer for asus p5w dh deluxe : http://rapidshare.com/files/128111193/AUDIO.mpkg.zip.html

BIOS SETUP ver.2704

IN MAIN MENU:

-IDE in AHCI mode, ALPE and ASP Disabled

MENU ADVANCED, CPU CONFIGURATION

-MODIFY RATIO SUPPORT [DISABLED]

-MICROCODE UPDATION [ENABLED]

-MAX CPU VALUE LIMIT [ENABLED]

-EXECUTE DISABLED FUNCTION [ENABLED]

-ENHANCED C1 CONTROL [AUTO]

-VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLY [ENABLED]

-INTEL SPEEDSTEP TECHNOLOGY [DISABLED]

MENU ADVANCED, CHIPSET MENU

-MEMORY REMAP FUTURE [ENABLED]

MENU POWER-SUSPEND MODE [s3 ONLY]

-RESPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]

-ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [YES]

-ACPI APIC SUPPORT [YES]

MENU POWER, APM CONFIGURATION

Set the ps2 keyboard to awake from sleep with your pref button like space bar, CTRL esc etc... make your choice i used SPACE BAR

-Power on by ps2 mouse [ENABLED]

22/07/2008 BOOT FROM HARD DISK!!

ONLY AFTER THE RETAIL INSTALL USING THE FIRST CD BOOTLOADER....

FROM KALYWAY:

Download link : Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.zip --->http://tinyurl.com/6je4eh

1 - Copy the contents of your "Extra" folder to "Extra Contents" directory link !!!

2- then run Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.pkg and install it to your hard disk !!!

your are done ! now no need to use dfe 132 cd to boot your hd !!

enjoy!!

by kalyway !

COPY FROM THE CDBOOT ONLY THE MKEXT FILE ON THE INITRD:IMG (mount it)

IT WORKS FINE

About the kexts, SMBIOSresolver has a bug, for a moment not show the right memory setup, Superhai will make the nfo.plist editable for put it the correct value.

This post has helped me a lot. Thanks macita!

I'm now erasing my old crappy Kalyway 10.5.2 partition, which bugged out when trying to update to 10.5.3. I'm hoping this 132 boot thingy will be as great as it is told to be (updates straight from apple's software update).

Let's see how the install goes and then its time for the driver hunt :(

I've bumped into some problems with NVidia kexts (or at least that's what I think the problem is)

I have downloaded the boot CD which is mentioned first in macita's post. Everything installs fine with the OSX Leo retail disc, NVidia GeForce 7300 GT working with CI/QE (not getting the right device name tho, but the only things that matter are CI/QE). built in LAN works out of the box, WLAN works with Realtek drivers.

Pretty much everything is good after the install. Then I install the chameleon thing for getting rid of the boot CD and the audio package for sound. Everything is great so far. Only thing not working is sleep (screen stays black after wake up)

When I install OSX updates I lose the QE/CI from 7300 GT and that pisses me off. I've tried every Titan,Natit and what not, but it just doesn't work.

Now I have a pretty stable 10.5.0 retail install but I don't want to fück it up, so I will not install any updates until it's safe to do so.

This is the 3rd attempt and I don't want to go for the 4th :)

Help me out please. Only those final little touches needed to make this perfect.

Hi,

i have ideneb 1.5.5 working fine at p5w dh deluxe. I have upgraded the ram from single 667 module to two kingston ddr 800 valueram and upgraded the bios to latest verion.

The bios detect 4gb 800 ddr memory wih dual-channel config but when i see "about this mac" in ideneb system says there is 4gb but running 667 mhz only.

somene have the same problem?

thnks.

Well guys its bin fun , i got my self a real Mac Pro (second hand, only cost me 6 pints of blood an arm and 1 leg )

lol i got it cheap for mac standards still was 1200 euro do

and got me a set of 2 xeon Quadcore cpu's both real cheap. 150 euro the set

so for 1350 euro's i got my self an 8 core rig : evil :

Any way after 2 years i would like to thank every one for there help , making in my vieuwe the

asus P5w the best hackintosh board around.e

And letting you guys know NO I'M not selling my baby! :unsure: my old asus P5W DH is going to take it easy

retyering to windows media center to play mp3's xvid movies ect....

Going to flog my Q6600 with a gigabyte GA DSP3 board 2 gb ram in combo with and an efi-x set. hoping to fetch me a great deal to pay some of the cost of the mac pro!

Ok, now I'm running 10.5.4 on the hack (OT: and 10.5.5 on my real Mac Pro ;)).

Graphics are working after installing Leopard graphics update with pacifist. Now the only thing not working is sleep...

Still no fix for sleep mode, which means that I have only 99% working hackintosh :S

Turn off USB LEgacy Support in bios.. sleep will work!

Now fix my Hot Swap issue!

Well guys its bin fun , i got my self a real Mac Pro (second hand, only cost me 6 pints of blood an arm and 1 leg )

lol i got it cheap for mac standards still was 1200 euro do

and got me a set of 2 xeon Quadcore cpu's both real cheap. 150 euro the set

so for 1350 euro's i got my self an 8 core rig : evil :

Any way after 2 years i would like to thank every one for there help , making in my vieuwe the

asus P5w the best hackintosh board around.e

And letting you guys know NO I'M not selling my baby! :P my old asus P5W DH is going to take it easy

retyering to windows media center to play mp3's xvid movies ect....

Going to flog my Q6600 with a gigabyte GA DSP3 board 2 gb ram in combo with and an efi-x set. hoping to fetch me a great deal to pay some of the cost of the mac pro!

Is the 4 core motherboard the same as the new 8 core? Im speaking about mac pro! (real)

Hi,

i have ideneb 1.5.5 working fine at p5w dh deluxe. I have upgraded the ram from single 667 module to two kingston ddr 800 valueram and upgraded the bios to latest verion.

The bios detect 4gb 800 ddr memory wih dual-channel config but when i see "about this mac" in ideneb system says there is 4gb but running 667 mhz only.

somene have the same problem?

thnks.

Edit the info plist inside the SMBIOS :)

ANd anyway...dont warry, be happy.... its only text...in reality your hackintosh is using all what YOUR BIOS DETECT! so if your bios show to you 800 Mhz pc.6400 OSX will use this one...and not the pc-5400 ;)

Edit the nfo.plist inside the patched SMBIOS ...dunno wich one i never used this Italian friend distribution :)

So I tried using Macita's *excellent* instructions and files for my p5w build and can't find a way around this error.

AppleHDAController;; start ERROR no layout-id found

AppleHDA.kext failed to load. unable to locate "layout-id" property

A lot of people seem to have this issue in a few different forums, with different builds. Only solution I saw posted was that it was the JMicron kext that wasn't there/working (for a gigabyte mobo), but this isn't an issue with Macita's bootloader.

I've tried the original dfe-132, bumby's updated (146), I built my own iso with the updated boot file with jmicron support (fun, but didn't help). I have booted in -v -f -s and -x (wind up hanging within a few lines of the same place). I flashed my bios to ver. 2704 to match Macita's. Double checked the BIOS settings as per Macita's instructions, tried the BIOS settings from Lifehacker's original Hackintosh post, and tweaked the BIOS in a few different ways on my own.

Since all the bootloaders seem to have the same issue I have the feeling I am missing something external to the bootloader.

Only other pertinent bits of information are I can get to the installer page (but no language choices menu pops up - just the pinwheel of death) in Bumby's build (dfe-146) - and no error log to give clues as to why (since it is out of verbose mode by then). Also interesting is that using the cd's from my MacBook (which I know won't work) I can get all the way to the install screen before it tells me I 'can't install Os X on this computer'. The restore dvd's are NOT dual layered, and are 10.5.2. Retail DVD is Dual Layered 10.5.0

Unless my dvd suddenly forgot how to read DL DVD's or 10.5 is a problem over 10.5.2 I am at a loss

Build is as follows:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

intel core 2 duo 2.66 E6700

4 gb ddr2

EVGA Geforce 8600gt 256mb

WD Velociraptor 300gb

sony dvd-rom (ide) ddu1612

dl dvd rw (sata)

500w ps in a Coolermax case

I am about to try the INSTAHackintosh method in desperation (as it updates/patches/builds iso from scratch not after install), but I can't imagine it will make a difference as the AppleHDAController kext is one I will have to include, it will still run a bootloader, and it will most likely run into the same issue.

I had a working kalyway 10.5.1 with efi for about a year, but couldn't load my new adobe CS3, so I have been trying to install a vanilla with a newer method.

I am sure that others as well as myself would appreciate a hand with this if anyone has a clue.

Alright, I opened Macita's mkext and none of the bootloaders I have used had an applehdacontroller.kext so the one hanging my install must be off the retail dvd. I am thinking that using a patched hdacontroller kext in the botloader might fix this? I found cyclone's legacy lists here which look pretty good - if you insert your device/vendor id. (self-attaches to new kexts in apple updates).

Gonna try making a new bootloader with these and/or using them in an INSTAHackintosh disk build.

My configuration:

P5W DH Deluxe

Intel Pentium D 940 (dual core 3.2Ghz)

2x1024 Geil 667 Mhz

6600 GT 128M

2xSeagate 500G sata2 -- on the orange ports

Kalyway 10.5.2 - vanila kernel

tested with xbench - 124 ( looks slow to me. )

post-108961-1225389638_thumb.png

Should i upgrade or somtin ?

tnx :angel:

DONT DO IT OR YOUR USB WILL BE SLOW!!!!

Sleep is working fine here without this trip!

check your ACPI setup on BIOS

I still get full USB 2.0 speed with no issues. I just loose the ability to hit enter on the bootloader ;P Small issue.

Can you please post you full bios settings, maybe then I can get this to work!

I still get full USB 2.0 speed with no issues. I just loose the ability to hit enter on the bootloader ;P Small issue.

Can you please post you full bios settings, maybe then I can get this to work!

the setup was already post here...miss only the USB settings?

So, since this motherboard is officially discontinued, what is the best alternative? Just curious for future builds I might attempt.

Yeah good question, i think Gigabyte, and all the mobos who are on HCL on efi-x.com

Did u see the new MSI ram lover? you can put on it also 32 GB of DDr2 RAM!!!!!

Sincerely i will use my asus p5w dh till i will or switch to real mac-pro or switching to some good efi-x motherboard compatible, im tired to look every day at news for make my hackintosh working like a real mac... i spent lot of time for do it....

One point is...for what i use my hackintosh? hobby? safe Internet?? ok go for hackintosh....

but for me that iv switched to semi pro audio is time to buy a real mac....or try efi-x instead without having to think and look at news....

Still thinking bout it....

Hi everyone,

I have the P5W DH for quite some time now, running Kalyway 10.5.1 smoothly for months. However I feel it is now time to reinstall everything fresh and possibly update up to 10.5.5.

What method would be the best to do so (best as clean install)? I read about a lot of different ways (through this thread and elsewhere), and I'm a bit lost about it. Whats your thoughts about this?

Thxs a lot.

PS. I tried the Kalyway 10.5.2, but it crashes when the it gets to the installation interface ("Installing Mac OS X could not be completed" message) and then goes in CPU halted and shut down. I double checked my BIOS and now investigate if the DVD is good, but also look for alternative, possibly a Retail method (?).

I personally used the iAtkos 4i build (10.5.4) without any problems - then upgraded to 10.5.5 (following the steps I linked to somewhere in this thread :))...but I'm sure there are other (probably better) ways to do it.

I'm interested in this as well, so will be interesting to read the responses.

Ok it was a bad image apparently (reminder to me: always check the md5, and DO NOT mount the ISO, just burn it!).

So I install Kalyway 10.5.2 very easily, then upgrade to 10.5.3 following this...

http://cocoatree.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/...y-1051-to-1054/

and then downloaded the 10.5.4 and installed it (not via Software Update). Had to fix couple of things through the process though (sound, system profiler broken). Not too bad.

GIBRONGIB : I will now try your way. Did you use Chameleon or EFIv8 in your installation?

MilesR : Thxs I'll look into it.

Not sure if this has been asked and answered, but what is the best Core 2 Quad chip to use with this board? I currently use an Intel Xeon 3085 Conroe 3.0GHz 4MB L2 Cache which has been rock solid. But on my next build (I already have a second hand P5W DH Deluxe motherboard) I want to use a Quad core chip. Ideas?

Help me Insanely Mac'ers!

I really appreciate any help you can give me.

I have an ASUS p5w dh deluxe

Intel Quad q6600

4 gigs Ballistix 800mhz ram

Diamond Ati radeon 2600xt 512

500 gb SATA HD

Sony SATA DVD

I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2 / boot 132 generic iso / several boot 132 iso from Macita with 10.5.4 retail.

Kalyway doesn't do anything when I try to boot off the DVD.

With the boot 132, I start the computer, insert the cd, and press enter when the boot prompt shows up.

I then insert the retail DVD. I get "Ebios read error: controller or device error

block 16432736 sectors 64" repeated 5 times.

It then says "Errors encountered while starting up computer"

It then goes to the gray Apple startup screen with the scrolling thing.

After about 5 minutes, the screen goes to a bunch of pixelated distortion, and the computer freezes.

All of the searching I've done describes errors after install, but EVERYONE seems to be able to get it to install initially. I can't even get that far! Its driving me crazy. I'm a total and complete noob to this kind of thing.

I'm a lifelong Mac user, and don't even own a PC (except the one I've built for this Hackintosh). I consider myself a really smart guy, but I read all these posts about adding kexts to DVDs and its all over my head.

I know you all don't know me, and you don't owe me anything, but I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

-Sean