Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

didn´t have the chance yet to try efi-x.

I´m also not sure that I ever will try it as long we have the same functions for free ;)

I´m using since 1 week the EFI-x together with my p5w dh based 2GB E8500@3.35 system. Installation works as it should do (retail 10.5). No updates till now.

RTL8187 based wlan does not work with any rtl driver :) (Loosing wlan connection after 2 s and get a 169.xx.xx.xx ip)

sound seems not to work.

nv 8800GT works because of no updates only in native modus.

Help, hints or solutions are very wellcome.

Kind regards

Norbert

I´m using since 1 week the EFI-x together with my p5w dh based 2GB E8500@3.35 system. Installation works as it should do (retail 10.5). No updates till now.

RTL8187 based wlan does not work with any rtl driver ;) (Loosing wlan connection after 2 s and get a 169.xx.xx.xx ip)

sound seems not to work.

nv 8800GT works because of no updates only in native modus.

Help, hints or solutions are very wellcome.

Kind regards

Norbert

it´s possible that the RTL Driver doesn´work without updated leo.you should update to 10.5.2 the only working driver was released in february : http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...;Downloads=true

i was going to order my self on untill i found this post in ther bug hunting forum:

ATI Radeon HD 3870

Postby WhiteDragon on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 am

After update to 10.5.5 Kernel Panic.

Issue is known and confirmed, please avoid for this moment to use this GFX for your new system.

Ho well im just going to stick with vanila and a 100% working system in 10.5.2

it´s possible that the RTL Driver doesn´work without updated leo.you should update to 10.5.2 the only working driver was released in february : http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...;Downloads=true

That was the right clue. After updating to 10.5.5 using the rtl driver from feb.2008 (i now just have to type in after each reboot the wpa key) and using the audio.mpkg for the AC882 the EFI-X based system works, better seems to work perfectly.

:)

EFI-X, p5w DH and 10.5.5 is possible with wlan and sound!

Kind regards from germany

Norbert

That was the right clue. After updating to 10.5.5 using the rtl driver from feb.2008 (i now just have to type in after each reboot the wpa key) and using the audio.mpkg for the AC882 the EFI-X based system works, better seems to work perfectly.

:)

EFI-X, p5w DH and 10.5.5 is possible with wlan and sound!

Kind regards from germany

Norbert

cool.............greets from south germany :D

Can anyone post a guide on how to update the P5W successfully?

I tried about 4 different guides all crashing my OS. So I have to go back to 10.5.2 and upgrade to .3 and .4

Any help is greatly appreciate it.

Sure, I use this method and it works great! One thing, read this thread for the correct BIOS settings and then you should be ok.

Thanks a lot... I had read that guide before but was not sure it worked.. THANKS A LOT!

Cool! If you want easy, Kalyway seems to work best with our board. But for me, that retail install with only a few changes gives me that Mac like feel I want.

Maybe is time to build an iso drivers collection?

And a raid guide for the specific ASUS P5 W DH deluxe with JUMPERS AND BIOS SETTINGS?

i never play on raid... would apprecciate it.

Soon ill put all the kexts, for THE POST LEOPARD RETAIL INSTALL for getting wrking our lovely board with DFE chameleon hard disk install wich needs extra kexts....

I need an help for audio because im not interestin on alc882 (im using all pro audio cards).

I think then we are ok ...

P5 W DH deluxe ROOOXX!!

And a raid guide for the specific ASUS P5 W DH deluxe with JUMPERS AND BIOS SETTINGS?

I have wondered if THIS GUIDE which describes a RAID setup with Chameleon would work. I tried the orange ports once but must have not done it correctly because the speed was horrible. Have since purchased the new 300 gig WD Raptor and love the speed.

PS: audio works great with this board once you use Taruga's patch and EFIStudio to get the correct strings. Dunno about HD audio because I'm only using the green stereo line out port in the back to a set of Klipsch speakers.

PPS: you're on Pro-Tools, how does it work with this board? Have an old Dual G4 setup with OS9 and Pro-Tools, thinking about building another Hackintosh based on this board and getting an MBox. I only do light remix and editing work. Any info appreciated.

I install leopard 10.5 native, and update to 10.5.5 with comboupdate.

Both ethernet detected without install any kext. eSata, FW too.

But I have problems with Firewire conection. When I us a HD with firewire don't have any problem. But when I will conect my two pc's with firewire, I can't net conection. Because in Preferences don't show firewire, where both etherents are showed. While firewire net isn't showed in preferences, it don't acquire IP number.

After with iAtkos, Firewire appear in net prefernces, and the net conection with my two pc's function correctly.

Any solution?

I installed the drivers and the utility loads but it tells me to enable the network connection in system settings but theres no option

I installed with the new Kalyway 10.5.2....& then ran the Kalyway 10.5.3 update package. The first thing that happened on reboot was the Realtek WLAN Client Utility configuration panel appearing on the desktop.

Since I'm cabled up it doesnt really bother me, but if youre desperately lacking wireless, this might do it for you.

Hi all. I've just now tried to install iDeneb v1.3 (10.5.5) on my system. While the install works, I can't boot into the OS unless I use -x -f. When I view in verbose mode, the installation seems to stall on what looks like a network type issue.

My question is this: Has anyone experienced a good install, but halt/fail on boot (on any distro/release)? If so, what can I do (bios or otherwise) to allow my hackintosh to boot without -f and -x?

My system specs are,

Asus p5W dh deluxe

2GB Crucial Ballistix

C2D E6700

AHCI on

CPU's error something or another set to "Enabled" (I had this disabled for XP/OC'ing but it would crash the OS X boot)

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A few more details:

I've done numerous install types, including audio/no audio, ethernet, wifi etc. No support for my 9800GX2 so I don't install any graphics drivers. Still the boot stops.

im using idebt version 10.5.4 and it works great.

did you remember to put your sata to ich7 mode? in the bios? also you did not mention your video card.

did you remember to put your sata to ich7 mode? in the bios? also you did not mention your video card.

on page 6 are the bios stettings that work with this board and also give you a working sleep mode.

I acknowledge that this may be an obnoxious question...

I had my machine working well with a Kalyway 10.5.1 install for about 6 months. Sleep never really worked but everything else more or less worked well. After (inappropriately) feeling confident, I let Apple update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 and the kernel panics started. Several weeks of totally failing to get things to restore from the TimeMachine image - that was a major pain - lead me to re-installed with Kalyway 10.5.2 and upgraded sequentially, and successfully to 10.5.5.

So now the questions: I've cobbled together the new install using http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83689 but certain things feel "off". This has made me interested in another type of install...

1. Is there any functional reason to try one of the "Retail DVD" installs?
  2. If so, could I successfully use one of the prepared scripts for the post install?
  3. Would sleep work if I did this?
  4. Would I then be able to make subsequent updates via the Apple Software Updater?
  5. Would this realistically just be an exercise in frustration?

Thank you for any suggestions or input!

I've currently got 10.5.2 installed and I've tried to update to 10.5.5 using the prepatch, apple update, post patch method but in post patch there's no customise option anywhere. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious so if someone can please put me out of my misery and tell me I'd appreciate it.

On another note, has anyone had any luck getting the front panel audio mic working? I've got headphones working from it but the mic isn't picked up at all.

Maybe is time to build an iso drivers collection?

Soon ill put all the kexts, for THE POST LEOPARD RETAIL INSTALL for getting wrking our lovely board with DFE chameleon hard disk install wich needs extra kexts....

I need an help for audio because im not interestin on alc882 (im using all pro audio cards).

I think then we are ok ...

P5 W DH deluxe ROOOXX!!

Got it from here:

--RAID 0 (Fast Raid) or 1(Mirror) On Asus P5W DH--

Raid 0 works natively, and perfectly with this board.

Raid 0 pairs 2 identical hard drives for increased (sometimes double) performance.

Raid 1 backs up the first hard drive simultaneously with the second drive for back up.

Most motherboards have software raid. It uses the on board S-Ata controller, and drivers for windows to emulate Raid0. The Asus P5W DH on the other hand has 3 Raid options, 1 working in Leopard. There is 2 software Raids, Jmicron, ICH7R. Then there is the Hardware Raid.

The 2 Orange ports on the Asus P5W DH, labeled "EZ_Raid" are is infact a hardware raid controller. Silicon Image. Using Raid0 in Leopard is as easy as doing it in windows with this controller.

-Simply plug in the 2 identical hard drives to the 2 orange ports, switch the pin on the motherboard to Raid 0 or Raid 1.

-Boot into bios, Enable the Setting "EZ_Raid Mode change" which will stay enabled for ONE boot only, don't worry when it is disabled later.

-Install Leopard, or windows, like normal. The drive is labeled "External Disk 0"

As an example of the speed, a good S-ATA drive at 7200RPM scores about 80mb/s in both read and write on xbench. My raptor 10k RPM scores about 105mb/s in read and write. With 2 of those babies in raid 0, I score 205mb/s every time.

Already try it, and success installation. but end with problem cause 1 HDD faulty. Time to upgrade... :)

on page 6 are the bios stettings that work with this board and also give you a working sleep mode.

Hey thanks for the heads' up. Is that iDeneb 10.5.4? Also, my HDD is from the IDE, not sata, but I have sata in ihc mode and my DVD drive is sata and it reads disks fine etc.

My video card is a gForce 9800GX2, no support yet with drivers unless I do some EFI string settings (in another thread, I'll do it once I get the system to boot and LAN/audio are working). However this hasn't been an issue with me, I've been able to boot in my monitor's native 1920x1200@32.

I've given the bios page a look but will check it out again. Thanks for the heads' up.

I had a ide harddisk as a maindrive till a month back.

i could not install any of the leo distro's untill leo4all v3 came around.

trouble was that other distro's did not support booting from the ide poort. realy strange

installation worked frine but booting never worked always got loops.

drivers for the 9800GX2

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=110366

yesterday I put in a my old X1900xtx because my 3870 does not boot my laptops HD.

First strange thing computer did not boot!

tryed every thing just a black screen @ boot

so i put it in the second pci-e slot (bottem one). it worked like a charm. :)

i could boot do all the nasty evil stuff i like doing. :)

thinking it might be nice to have 2 video cards i pluged in my 3870 in the top slot.

and booted. If this would work i would have 2 working video cards.

now here the rouble starts the problem my computer is trying to take off. lol wel oke it sounds like its a bout to lift off the x1900xtx is cooling max speed it never does that. its also not reconised bye osx

if I unplug the 3870 all is fine :).

because its running @ full speed all the time i think its a bios/mobo problem

any of you guys have trouble with 2 video cards?