Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Leopard How-to (Updated 1/10)

Conroe Mac

412 posts in this topic

Just Checking in for the Kalyway 10.5.1 Install

Everything worked except sound which is a not a problem. PC_EFI V8 worked well with GUID. Cant compare iAtkos as I dont have the dvd. Sleep, restart works. Shutdown is a hit n miss. Overall a very good package. Highly recommended.

Great to hear that Kalyway is working with this board. If you're interested in writing a how-to for Kalyway, I will add a link on the first page to your writeup.

Ok this is really frustrating. In getting my sleep to work I have done something to my video. All the text and icons are blurry. I reinstalled several kext files, including the NVinject, and AppleACPIPlatform.

The close I have to come to fixing this is I removed the NVinject.kext and loaded without a particular video driver. It booted up clear, just without CI/QE. System profiler recognized the video card as Nvidia 256 mb. I reinstalled the NVinject.kext and it went back to the blurry text and icons.

I have also messed around with various font settings and the zoom function. I feel sure it is related to the video and/or video kext.

Geeze

UPDATE: In my frustration I wiped my drive and re-installed using my own retail Leopard DVD, and it actually worked this time! Sweeeeet! Functionally I still end up at the same place that iAtkos got me except without any of the little "extras". Not a better install just perhaps a little "cleaner". I would still like to get this shut down/sleep thing figured out.

Conroe Mac: Here is the guide I wrote to do this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=559076

You guys that are using iATKOS with the Vanilla and EFI can you post what your options are set to in bios? I can't seem to get it to work. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6420.

After I properly applied EFI and vanilla mach_kernel, the computed keeps rebooting. I tried numerous things, but what finally fixed it was a BIOS setting that got disabled accidentally. Go into the BIOS and into the advance section. Where it says "No-Execute Memory Protect" needs to be "enable". By default, the No-Execute Memory Protect is in the enabled state. The minute I put this to enable, I was able to get past the reboot loop and the EFI with vanilla mach_kernel booted without a hitch.

Hope this helps.

-Daryoon

Hey guys Kind of new to this Searched the forum I have Kalyways-Leo Up and running

But can someone recommend a Video card that is Simple to install as I said I am new to this

I see the nVidia XFX 7900GS mentioned a lot nut I don’t see a clear

Download on how or what files I need to make it work?

Hope Someone can help?

Is there simple installer package I can use ?

Thanks

I do appreciate it..

Steve

since i have the similler board with sound acl888 did anybody of u get 5.1 system working??

i cant use them all in same time only same spekers from system...

so if anybody figure it out plz tell me :)

and by the way what is pc_efi :blink:

Either way.. i bought a sata drive.. just in case.. heh.. now i've got 3 but 2 of'em are unpluged.. the ide ones!

I've test to see if i switch the sata purble cables and it doesn't boot.. dont forget it may be a boot problem..

i got iatkos to install sucessfully with my ds3 rev 3.3 using my liteon ide drive.

however i could not get the lan to work. i typed in the sudo nano thing and it brings me no where. just ask me to say yes or something. i checked the marvel lan on the setup. was that wrong?

other problem i found was that it doesnt boot fully all the time. sometime it just hangs with a slash mark over the apple logo. i have it dual booted with xp using the windows boot loader.

mant3ra

It is useless to ask about 5.1 audio here, if you could not find answer in the HDADriver section, sorry.

Try to digg IRC for actual info.

What is PC_EFI

rolfcopter

When it does not boot properly, what did you do before it? Had you installed new drivers/devices/programs that required restart?

Also, when it does not boot? Is it random, or you can find similarities in your actions, that leads to no-boot?

Have you tried -f boot flag to force-load all drives?

So I've successfully installed iATKOS 1.01ir2. I also have an XP partition up and running. Lan worked after applying the fix described in the guide and audio worked out of the box. However, I'm having two issues:

1.) My ATI Sapphire x1600 is still a no-go even after applying the Natit fix. I have tried twice - rebooting also has no affect. I'm still limited to 1024 resolution (sucks nuts on my 20" display). Could this be an issue with the display itself? I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster 206BW.

2.) The Darwin bootloader shows up with both partitions just fine. If I select XP it boots up normally. If I select OSX the screen simply redraws itself. *Blink* back to the menu. This occurs regardless of any options passed. I can boot up by using the DVD, hitting f8 and passing "rd=disk0s2". However, since my DVD drive is IDE I can't change my SATA mode to AHCI as the DVD freaks and can't find apple.plist.

This thread has singlehandedly gotten me this far without having to post - congrats to everyone for all the great information. I'm glad to be posting from my semi-functional Leo install!

Big up to the 965.

• 2 weeks later...

I have edited the Info.plist (iATKOS 10.5.1), but now I have this problem:

(attachment)

The system stops at this point :P but i can boot with -v -x -f an the NIC runs :D

Whats wrong there?! Uphuck 10.4.9 worked with the NIC and the edited Info.plist

When I shutdown OSX after booting with -v -x -f the process stops with this message:

"AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 Yukon2Power - SetWolEnableGPIO - Failed to get ACPI device".

Whats that?!?!

post-61804-1200874140_thumb.gif

Hi,

I am helping my friend install OSX onto his GA-965p-DS3 on orange ports, with IDE DVD.

Using Kalyway DVD and all bios settings are set.

I formatted the blank disk on SATA to GUID and selected EFI-GUID

after installation, there is no darwin bootloader showing (and yes, i set the boot to HDD in bios)

I've used kalyway DVD for 2 of my P35-DS3 and for my 945GCT-M with no trouble

I've tried using Gparted to set disk0s1 to boot (with s2 being leopard and s1 being EFI partition

am i doing something wrong? (usually it goes very very smoothly)

• 1 month later...

Hey. I have this board, and I believe I've tried every POSSIBLE hardware/bios configuration (with Aitkos 1ir Leopard) Here's what I end up with, given the combinations. I believe I have the F10 BIOS. I'm using the top 1 Orange port.

An installation that succeeds the setup, but will not boot at all. BIOS does Not report "No Operating System Found", but I simply lockup solid.

Thats with AHCPI on, Native, but drive port mode on IDE

An installation that succeeds the setup, but the BIOS ends up reporting no bootable disks.

AHCPI off, native on, port mode on IDE

Waiting for Root Device (Of course!)

AHCPI on, Native SATA on, Port mode on AHCPI

With this on, I require the use of a IDE->USB Adapter

Obviously no install.

Oh, and I've selected the correct packages (i Believe) ... Vanilla Kernel (Which I believe is marked as SSE2 SSE3 Kernel??) ... Tried it with and without that, tried it with and without the STOCK kernel, tried it with and without EFI, .. etc etc.. I believe You can say I've tried: exponent(niOptions, 2) different ways..

I have tried ALL of the following with 2 different SATA drives. I only have one motherboard and DVD+R though. Only one SATA drive is plugged in at a time though.

Think anyone knows what could cause the MBR's not to be set, or the freeze when ABOUT to boot? For the freeze, The BIOS will go: Boot from CDROM?, and then proceed to completely freeze. Seems like a freeze in the MBR program of something. I get no Bootloader text.

Thanks for your help!

Finally my system has succesfully installed with Kalyway 10.5.2

Mobo : GA-965P-DS3, rev 1.0 Bios F12

Proc : Intel E2160 with 2 Gb SDRAM Memory

GFORCE 6600GT 128M

Updating Using Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update, followed by upgrade kernel to 9.2.0 vanilla, then Leopard Graphic Update.

After kernel upgrage, try to updating from apple (Leopard Graphic is updated from apple). Thanks God, it's running well. Now all updating available from Apple already installed without problem.

Thanks for your sharing bro.. Conroe

Rgds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a DS3 rev 1. Has anyone got a %100 working system? I've been trying to get sleep to work for some time now and am getting super frustrated (even under 10.4). I need sleep to work. I'm about to ditch the board if I can't get sleep to work. Anybody? How'd you do it?