Do you own a weapon

thegodfaza

55 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering how many members of the mac community are armed, you know, in case the guys at apple come knocking at your door wondering why your running OS X on a Compaq.

Me personally I own a Mossberg Maverick 12 guage shotgun and a SKS Sniper Rifle. I also collect knives and I train with some of them in martial arts.

Well i'm from wisconsin where every house has a weapon. I've noticed that as you head to the bigger cities less and less people have ever fired a weapon. Here in wisconsin 75-90% of men have fired a weapon. The first time I fired a weapon was when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was a muzzle loaded black powder rifle.

Well i'm from wisconsin where every house has a weapon. I've noticed that as you head to the bigger cities less and less people have ever fired a weapon. Here in wisconsin 75-90% of men have fired a weapon. The first time I fired a weapon was when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was a muzzle loaded black powder rifle.

I completely agree with you. I personally grew up in suburban CT where no one except a cop has ever seen a weapon. If you owned a gun people would look at you like you were a drug dealer, and people are scared stiff of them in general. Every middle-aged parent has a story about the kid who killed his parents with their own gun. I think that it is sad in a way, because guns are very important to having a free society, because no matter how smart or educated you are, if you are fully disarmed you can be enslaved and subjected to tyranny with no recourse.

The possibility Martial law is a serious issue in the United States. Law enforcement and the military are integrating as we speak, and have been doing so for more than seven years at this time. The issue is particularly bad here (I go to school at Tulane) in New Orleans, although there are no short term consequences, where the U.S. Military acts as a police force in certain poorer sections of the city. In the aftermath of Katrina the US Army went door-to-door collecting weapons from property owners who stayed behind to protect their assets from looters. This article, from a local Louisiana station, is a shocking must-read: http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937987 . Parts of the U.S. are already de-facto under martial law. Again, no short-term consequences, but the long term is that history repeats itself. Feudalism governments, Stalin, and Hitler all had strict if not full gun control laws.

The Posse Comitatus Act was repealed last year even though the integration project, under Homeland Security, has long been underway even before said department existed. A trilogy of films, the first being "Police State 2000" (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1551348336255792191) exposed this beginning in the year 2000. Places like Wisconsin, Texas, New Hampshire, and other places where guns are well distributed are a major asset to the freedom of this country. A great quote from one of the founders of this country goes something like tyranny in a country with an armed and organized population would be foolish (because the civilian arms outnumber the military's)

I personally have fired a rifle, in a small range at a camp in Maine. Even young girls learn to fire weapons up there. It sucks that places where self-defense and crime are rampant ex. the inner city are the same places where gun control is strongest. Congressmen are also pushing for 'cheap weapon' bans that serve similar consequences creating a fascist police state in America's inner cities while shielding other individuals from the truth.

because guns are very important to having a free society, because no matter how smart or educated you are, if you are fully disarmed you can be enslaved and subjected to tyranny with no recourse.
It's amazing that you would believe that, taking into consideration that pretty much no other 1st world country allows people to buy guns as freely as the US. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't get one (especially if you live in a violent area) but stating that they are VITAL to the freedom of a country is nonsense. Also, bringing Hitler's and Stalin's government laws into this topic is completely out of context just as is trying to validate your point by vaguely mentioning (not quoting) the US founding fathers. Do you even know which century you live in, my man?

I would much rather be punched to death by a man than shot dead by a pussy.

Cheers,

hecker

Hahah, Guns are very important to free society, that is a classic line. I mean, americans seem to have this irrational fear that some puerto rican guy is going to break into thier house and rob them / rape thier un-attractive wife. Like hecker said, all i need is my hands and my wits. If something bad starts to brew, i always carry a knife around with me (my job requires it of me), but even then, i rather jab him in the throat and run the hell out of there

A bag of golf clubs, a bunch of butchering knives in my kitchen, a pair of scisors, a screwdriver, a shattered jewel case.... If the time comes that I need to defend myself in my own home, Ill just find something within reach of me ,preferably a 9 iron, not a 9 mm.

I would much rather be punched to death by a man than shot dead by a pussy.

Well said, except, I dont think I'd want to die like that, it would take a long time....

Here in Wisconsin guns aren't usually used against people. We own guns because almost all men hunt deer as a pastime, though the number has been decreasing lately due to low deer populations. When we hear of a murder on TV it's a big deal. We have about 3-8 gun caused murders a year here in Wisconsin. It's three to eight because of a crazy asian guy who killed five hunters a couple of years ago. The number of gun caused deaths is a lot higher if you count in hunting accidents. Eg. Someone goes rambo on the deer in the forest, misses, and kills any hunters behind the deer. Or someone is aiming down the scope of their rifle and blows off their friends head because even though it may look clear through the scope the barrel is 3-5 in. lower.

well, i dont own any weapons in my country, but i have fired at leat 100 live rounds off an M16 and stripped and cleaned it out countless number of times... i shot a few hundred rounds of blanks too in M16... Shot GPMGs and P223s too in my country..

Also, bringing Hitler's and Stalin's government laws into this topic is completely out of context just as is trying to validate your point by vaguely mentioning (not quoting) the US founding fathers. Do you even know which century you live in, my man?

a) The concept of the right to bear arms and the forces that want to take away your rights to 'enslave' you is purely political theory, it never seems real until it happens. b ) What century do I live in? Did you mean country? Either way, the last century (20th) was a century of constant war and genocide. The holocaust killed 6 million people, Stalin's purge killed 25 - 50 million people, when the US overthrew the democratic president of Guatemala 200,000 civilians were mass murdered, 4 million civilians died at the hands of US forces in SE Asia '63 to '75, 5,000 murdered in Chile, 70,000 in El Salvador, 30,000 in Nicaragua, and population reduction is official policy in China (yet we are allies).

Were not talking about a street fight or even a robbery, I mean the slow transformation of the U.S. from a republic into an totalitarian empire. Genocide is for real, my friend, you don't have to believe in it.

Agencies of the U.S. government have endorsed and carried out these policies in other nations for the better part of the 20th century. How long before they start pointing the guns at us?

I've got my airsoft gun, I think that just the sight of something that looks like a semi-automatic will scare at least some people, but where I live is pretty safe. Colonel, I recommend you lay low if someone is looking for you, I mean that thing could really hurt someone... :P:)

well, i dont own any weapons in my country, but i have fired at leat 100 live rounds off an M16 and stripped and cleaned it out countless number of times... i shot a few hundred rounds of blanks too in M16... Shot GPMGs and P223s too in my country..

NS?