Simple Dual Boot Guide: Windows XP + OSX86 (Hackintosh)

517 posts in this topic

GUID Partition Scheme and WIn XP will not work, i think or is there any solutuion ?

I ask, because if i use the new boot-efi-cd´s for installing orig. Apple OS X DVD, MBR Disks cant work, only GUIDs.

Is ist for XP angeneral problem using GUID or only for the booting ?

GUID Partition Scheme and WIn XP will not work, i think or is there any solutuion ?

I ask, because if i use the new boot-efi-cd´s for installing orig. Apple OS X DVD, MBR Disks cant work, only GUIDs.

Is ist for XP angeneral problem using GUID or only for the booting ?

mmm... I don't have an efi capable machine and im not so sure about dual booting it with xp. i don't think my guide is a solution to your problem. but of course, guid and mbr dual booting is very much possible.

try reading on this topic

• 2 weeks later...

So the Darwin boot loader is for when you have not installed any OS yet, correct?

Also, does this work with the Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX install?

What size partitions would you recommend for each of the 3 partitions if you have a 160GB HDD?

Could I get the bootcd helpwithap@gmail.com

Sorry for all the questions! :thumbsdown_anim:

Boinky I really need your help

i finally got OSX to install and boot correctly, but now I run onto the problem of darwin booting XP. When I start the computer darwin comes up then I choose windows xp and it then put this (/) and just stays there never boots...

I was trying to do your terminal tutorial but when I put in the password I don't get root I get bash-3.2

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

So the Darwin boot loader is for when you have not installed any OS yet, correct?

Also, does this work with the Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX install?

What size partitions would you recommend for each of the 3 partitions if you have a 160GB HDD?

Could I get the bootcd helpwithap@gmail.com

Sorry for all the questions! :P

Darwin boot loader boots hackintosh, after installing osx and had set it as your active partition, then darwin will be the first to load.

When dual booting between osx and xp, you may choose what boot loader to use. you may choose darwin or xp's boot loader. it all depends on you, which ever you think is more convenient to use.

as for me, i use the darwin boot loader as my default bootloader.

my guide was only tested for oss tiger - xp dual booting, i havent tested it on leo + xp since i don't have leo installed.

hdd partition, all depends on you again. it should be appropriate enough as to what role does your computer does.

for instance, mine is just for file storage or a typical file server/sharer.

i have a 320 gb hdd and so i partitioned it to 10g - 10 gb - 300gb

10 gb for win xp

10 gb for osx

300 gb for all my files.

Boinky I really need your help

i finally got OSX to install and boot correctly, but now I run onto the problem of darwin booting XP. When I start the computer darwin comes up then I choose windows xp and it then put this (/) and just stays there never boots...

I was trying to do your terminal tutorial but when I put in the password I don't get root I get bash-3.2

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

you don't have to type anything there if you only needs normal bootups. you only have to type something there if you intend to execute some advance bootup options.

all boot cd requests. granted....

read yer pm's

===========================

for bootcd request. you don't have to post any email add anymore,

just say it so in this thread

• 2 weeks later...